Photo

MO 3.3 // Side 4 "The Foehn Revolt" - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#2221 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:42 PM

3. Yuri already died by the time Act 3 occurs, and someone else has already replaced him

I wonder who it could be-one would think Libra is the heiress-apparent,but then you simply can't ignore Rahn(though he destroys ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING standing in his way recklessly).Some folks would not give Malver much of a chance,but considering how he mastered psychokinesis on his own and his sharp shrewdness,he is also a potential candidate.

However,I would appreciate it if you leave your views on the two scenarios I mentioned earlier.The thing is,I fervently hope the 2nd scenario does not occur-it would make the story dangerously similar to that of Ground Control 1.

Edited by Drezalnor, 03 July 2018 - 12:46 PM.

"Just die already!"-Libra

#2222 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Rashidi was developing Neurotoxin in Obsidian Sands and Neuromancer

You're probably right about this. I am under the impression that certain drugs will cause people to have hallucinations. Maybe that could count?

It could. We don't really know what confusion rays are exactly. They could some kind of energy thing or some kind of neurotoxin. I don't know why it would affect robots if were a neurotoxin though.

You guys are right,the Confusion Ray is unlikely to be based on biochemical research.My feeling is that it was a nascent prototype in the Pandora Hubs of Epsilon HQ,some sort of Psionic Disruption most likely,considering how it works on automated units as well.

#2223 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

The Scorpion Cell, or whatever's left of it, has already defected from Epsilon and has more or less sided with Yunru. It's unlikely that Malver would take the mantle

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2224 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

3. Yuri already died by the time Act 3 occurs, and someone else has already replaced him

Libra? 

#2225 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

Epsilon would be in chaos. But.... probably?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2226 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Maybe the Proselyte takes command? He is the most logical choice and it would be like the Epsilon-equivalent of the RA2 Soviet ending, where the general becomes premier.

#2227 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

True. Given that Yuri trusted him more than the others.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2228 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Maybe the Proselyte takes command? He is the most logical choice and it would be like the Epsilon-equivalent of the RA2 Soviet ending, where the general becomes premier.

Don't forget this is also the ending of the RA3 Soviet campaign as well.
The Proselyte could seize control and....maybe lead his followers to safety......to Titan,maybe?I dunno.

#2229 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

The Proselyte could seize control and....maybe lead his followers to safety......to Titan,maybe?I dunno.

Unless Libra or Rahn decide that being a part of the Epsilon sucks and going rogue was more fun....remember....Rahn loves disobeying orders. 

#2230 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 06 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

Unless Libra or Rahn decide that being a part of the Epsilon sucks and going rogue was more fun....remember....Rahn loves disobeying orders.

I get the sense that that only happens when there's an opportunity to murder someone.

Rahn is surprisingly loyal to Epsilon because he can go rogue any minute. He basically babysits Libra at the end of Unthinkable.

It'd be interesting to think abouy how Epsilon runs society if they win. Do they have to take "volunteers" for Rahn to kill in order to satisfy him?

#2231 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:40 PM

Unless Libra convinces Rahn to go rogue. 

#2232 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

I get the sense that that only happens when there's an opportunity to murder someone.

Rahn is surprisingly loyal to Epsilon because he can go rogue any minute. He basically babysits Libra at the end of Unthinkable.

It'd be interesting to think abouy how Epsilon runs society if they win. Do they have to take "volunteers" for Rahn to kill in order to satisfy him?

Rahn is a loose cannon,I'll give you that,but I doubt he would go renegade.Neither would Libra,who may be sadistic,but is frighteningly loyal to the Epsilon cause.

I think if Epsilon won,their society could be a combination of a hive-mind society(akin to the Zerg in Starcraft)along with some authoritarian elements in it.

It is strange but exciting to think of a fleet of Epsilon ships leaving Earth for another world,after their defeat at the hands of the Foehn Revolt.

#2233 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

It would be really fitting end for Epsilon if they had to emigrate out of the Sol system, settle down and rebuild. Only to get massacred by Scrin forces because Epsilons psionic abilities drawn their attention. 

#2234 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:52 AM

It would be really fitting end for Epsilon if they had to emigrate out of the Sol system, settle down and rebuild. Only to get massacred by Scrin forces because Epsilons psionic abilities drawn their attention.

If there are any Scrin in this timeline,that is.I do shudder to think what Epsilon could do with Tiberium,though.Will they return,enhanced by this mineral,seeking vengeance?What will Foehn do then?

#2235 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

If there are any Scrin in this timeline,that is.I do shudder to think what Epsilon could do with Tiberium,though.Will they return,enhanced by this mineral,seeking vengeance?What will Foehn do then?

They are since RA2 is sequel to RA1 which had Kane in it (USSR ending). Kane's existence means Scrin exist too. Tiberium has yet to arrive on Earth though, so Scrin have no reason to attack Earth.

And even then, Foehn's or Epsilons existence on the planet might just prevent any Tiberium seeding because these two factions would be able to utilize it and control it before it would become dangerous. Compared to GDI and NOD who didn't focused on the Tiberium until it started to ruin our planet and at that point it couldn't stopped by humans.

#2236 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

They are since RA2 is sequel to RA1 which had Kane in it (USSR ending). Kane's existence means Scrin exist too. Tiberium has yet to arrive on Earth though, so Scrin have no reason to attack Earth.
And even then, Foehn's or Epsilons existence on the planet might just prevent any Tiberium seeding because these two factions would be able to utilize it and control it before it would become dangerous. Compared to GDI and NOD who didn't focused on the Tiberium until it started to ruin our planet and at that point it couldn't stopped by humans.
Like Nod,Epsilon is more likely to utilize Tiberium in their weaponry and tech more than Foehn,who are more likely to develop tech to counteract it's ill-effects,much like GDI,who built the MARV to control Tiberium spread.

#2237 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

When I read all that, I can't help but think... What it would look like if Foehn was the one going for the stars after Act III, and they ended up in the Mass Effect 'verse. Peptuck did it for GDI, I'm curious how Dark Cyborg and (unless Volknet goes very wrong) AI friendly GDI would fare... Totally not thinking about similarities between mind control and indoctrination either...

#2238 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Rahn maybe a super mutant but I know he is aware that Libra can kill him faster than he could fire that weapon of his :)

3qPyjQ8.png

#2239 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:10 PM

When I read all that, I can't help but think... What it would look like if Foehn was the one going for the stars after Act III, and they ended up in the Mass Effect 'verse. Peptuck did it for GDI, I'm curious how Dark Cyborg and (unless Volknet goes very wrong) AI friendly GDI would fare... Totally not thinking about similarities between mind control and indoctrination either...

Hmmm.....that would make Foehn dangerously akin to Crayven Corp.And Epsilon would be like....the Order of the New Dawn?

#2240 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

I was just thinking-The Great Beyond is set in Alaska,where I assume the foundations for the Last Bastion base will be set up.Will Mission 5 have Yunru and her forces attempt to retreive the wreck of the Paradox Engine-or will they go to the SteinsTech HQ in Germany to obtain some tech?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users