• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#641 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Seems like that. I do hope the new client will also improve stability on newer Windows versions.

#642 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:52 AM

Is there anything else i should add to my list of compiled features? (aside from recent info from the frontpage) https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314

Already added more info to the Warpshop. The Soviets and Epsilon's expanded airforce with the Airfield and Aerodome with the "Foxtrot" jet seen in the youtube mission playthroughs.

However, does the Epsilon Aerodome provide radar? because i recall seeing some screenshots of both the Aerodome and Radar spire deployed so i am not sure.

Also there is the Soviet Cyborg Prototypes that Speeder said will be available elsewhere because of the remade stole tech system. but not much info other then responses to questions

And i can't remember where but Speeder also hinted at atleast one of the Soviet subfactions being able to paradrop terror drones. think around the time the AI vs. AI battles where showcased

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 14 July 2016 - 06:56 AM.

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#643 Atomic_Noodles

Atomic_Noodles

Colony Hivemind

• Project Team
  • 854 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert - Colony Wars
  •  Colony Wars Hive Mind

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:06 AM

The Soviet and Epsilon Airforce Commands aren't planned to provide Radar. That's the intended gimmick of the Allies having their Aircraft Production being directly available earlier as well.

~ Getting cringe reactions when you see a RAINBOW means you have issues. ~

"This World is an Illussion,Exile" -High Templar Dominus

#644 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:37 AM

...the "Foxtrot" jet seen in the youtube mission playthroughs

What if I told you the Foxtrot (along with Dust Devil) was indirectly revealed long before these playtroughs?

https://soundcloud.c...crimson/foxtrot
https://soundcloud.c...mson/dust-devil
https://soundcloud.c...crimson/grumble

#645 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

The Soviet and Epsilon Airforce Commands aren't planned to provide Radar. That's the intended gimmick of the Allies having their Aircraft Production being directly available earlier as well.

Was it changed? Because the recent playthroughs show the Soviet Airforce Command giving the radar.

#646 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

The Soviet Airfield provides the radar. The Epsilon Aerodome does not.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#647 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:07 PM

How about for the Foehn Engineer when being transformed by the Nanofiber Sync turns into the Engiseer being able to capture enemy buildings with only one Engiseer (instead of 3 engineers) and can buff units firepower, speed and armour of vehicles when in the presence of them.

#648 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

Cant we just leave engineer alone? He's just engi, he doesnt need to be special at all to be useful. Not to mention that he is non-combat unit..

#649 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

What if the Sync turns the Foehn Engineer into the Team Fortress 2 Engineer, able to create turrets and such. :V

On the other hand, Suppressors are magic.

#650 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:01 AM

Cant we just leave engineer alone? He's just engi, he doesnt need to be special at all to be useful. Not to mention that he is non-combat unit..

You really shouldn't. Every other infantry are healed back to full health with that Nanofiber Sync, atleast that should be applied to the Engi as well.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#651 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

I guess then it would be much harder to defend your base from sneaky Foehn engineers, you've almost killed him before he captured your building, and now he is on full health again, standing close to that building, where you managed to almost intercept him.

Edited by Damfoos, 15 July 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#652 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:13 AM

You really shouldn't. Every other infantry are healed back to full health with that Nanofiber Sync, atleast that should be applied to the Engi as well.

Nanofiber affects armor, not human body. Engineer doesnt have armor on its own.

#653 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Alright, with the structures page for Allies updated, i will correct the info to my compilation of upcoming features later on. but i have a few questions. Does the Zephyrobot still retain the Cryofield effect as mentioned in the old changelog or has that been scrapped? also it looks like Backwarp will no longer "eject but not destroy" terror drones as mentioned in the changelog?

Also with the Coordnode and Lightning rod, Euro Alliance looks like THE Defensive faction since the Lightning rod support power will give you extra juice to power up those tier 2+ defenses in a pinch if your power supply takes a hit. and with the Coordnode, the Foehn's Last Bastion (if the name is any indication) has quite a competition (but we have not seen Foehn defenses yet so who knows).

Also i like how USA's Mercury Strike is not only a quick instant attack power but also buffs their new Athena Artillery .

And the new Foehn themed banner, is that the "Great Tempest" Tornado in a Can superweapon structure?  :ninja:

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#654 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:07 PM

...out goes the Cryofield, in goes the Hummingbird

That's from that news update where Hummingbird and Atomheart were introduced.

And Euro Alliance always was a defensive faction, Coordnode replaces Comet Fence which was intended to reinforce EA defence lines but in fact was too tricky to use.

#655 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

Well, Cryofield as a support Power i know is repalced. the old changelog mentions that the ZephyRobot produces a Cryofield effect at point of deployment. though the Changelog that mentioned that likely predates the bulletin that debut the Hummingbird. and iirc, in the Allies AIvsAI video the Hunter-Seeker Drones produced a Cryofield like effect on detonation so the Cryofield is not totally gone. just wondering if Zephyrobot has its cryofield effect or not

And yeah, i know how Turtle Tactics of Euro Alliance but man these new options really make the Euros look like a fortress. im glad the Coordnode is replacing the Comet Fence (never used the silly things)

#656 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:59 PM

Btw, Allied Infantry was also updated, though not finished yet. That's why the comment above, Suppressors being magic. :p

#657 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:19 PM

Yeah, I've seen that, it's been said there that Dogs cannot be turned into Duplicants. Can't wait to see the updated Vehicles section, the new Kappa tank looks nice.

I wonder though: if every faction in the mod got updates, will there be remade subfaction spotlights as well? Or maybe a faction update spotlights which will reference to old videos and explain what was changed in each subfaction arsenal between versions.

Edited by Damfoos, 15 July 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#658 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

So wait, now you can't infiltrate enemy ConYard to get their stolen MCV version?

#659 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:40 PM

I think it's funny how the USA's Riot Trooper has such a long range for a close range gear loadout at 9 & 9. farther then the Siege Cadre. though still shorter then the new Sniper and Suppressor.

But i like how that he alternates between Flashbang and Shotgun. art wise i think he looks great and i cant wait to deploy him to battle. 

Though i wonder if this game can support range based damage scaling like the shotgun doing more damage at closer ranges. though i have not seen such examples exist thus far.

#660 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:48 PM

Here's a theory: Robot Tank got lasers instead of shotguns because with Riot Trooper there would be 2 units with the same weapon within one faction's arsenal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users