2365 replies to this topic

#2021 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

Still, I think the one captured by Allies in Mission 5 was activated immediately when they got enough power because the Allies had no idea how the device worked. They could have accidentally send it to overdrive (for example, send all energy to mind control at once instead of charging slowly), which then led to its immediate destruction.

Explain Warranty Void lol

Anyways, back on topic now, I think we are underestimating foehns condition a bit.

They have some of the most top tier tech in the future (( possibly )), have a airbase which deploys skystations and ground based artillery which can order orbital strikes, I have no doubt they are not in a desperate situation in the time where Yuri has taken over, infact, they might even be on equal terms with Yuris army, as Haiheads loading screen has some bits and pieces of america and europe (( speculation )), they might be in control of half of the world, but not having a numbers advantage due to many of the people being mindcontrolled, their weaponary and tactics are overwhelming, using air tanks, gigantic sword cutting robots and an amphibious infantry anti structure armoured transport.

All factions don't start with all their tech in hand (more evidently in the case of Epsilon and Allied), and Foehn is most likely no exception

Yep. The mission progress shows how their tech is slowly added as the war progress.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2022 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:30 PM

And that's what I love about campaigns in these games. Many RTS games of both new and old make the huge mistake of giving you the full techtree from very early on.

#2023 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Moving past all that, their tech tree suggests their scientists are happily developing powerful warmachines, hence being in a stable condition, only coronia (( if launched )) and haihead must be facing problems, while the last bastion develops their tech.

Or those techs could be secertly built over the years and we might see most of the tech tree already available to us, who knows?

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#2024 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Well, while the unveiling is a thing, I guess it woldn't be a so slow one though, depending on the length of Act III. Also, I guess Last Bastion will be the first subfaction to exit and have its tech (not really a bet, Gharials are already there. :shiftee:)

#2025 Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I'm guessing the plot details haven't been revealed yet, but I'm assuming that Fohen is some counterpart to the GDI in the Tiberium games, right?

Also just out of curiosity, what inspired the name Fohen Revolt?

Edited by Colonel Angus, 19 March 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#2026 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

It's Foehn. A type of wind. Which are changing.

#2027 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

I'm guessing the plot details haven't been revealed yet, but I'm assuming that Fohen is some counterpart to the GDI in the Tiberium games, right?

Also just out of curiosity, what inspired the name Fohen Revolt?

Well, there is this running idea to call them 'dark GDI'. As for plot details, you can check the background of their units on the website, stolen tech included, and Think Differently and Heartwork. Long story short? I hope you weren't too attached to Allies and Soviets.

#2028 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

MO's Facebook page reveals a teaser image for Obsidian Sands. I'm guessing that it might show an internal conflict within the Epsilon, possibly with someone named Prince Aziz, judging from the unique structure seen in the image, which is identified as Aziz's Palace.

I'm guessing the other five missions to be added will be Paranoia, Relentless, Power Hunger, Thread of Dread and Machinehead.

#2029 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

Prince Aziz is not a character in Mental Omega 3.3.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2030 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

Prince Aziz is not a character in Mental Omega 3.3.

I see. Because there is a structure mentioned as as "Aziz's Palace" from what I've read on the MO news bulletins (which shows who is credited for the voxels), and there is a character known as Prince Aziz in zoo maps, so I'm thinking that the character is the one who lead the rebel SC forces.

Perhaps what some of us might have suspected is true after all: the SC in the end turned against Yuri. But I wonder why the SC in Obsidian Sands use the darker green rather than the lighter green they usually use. Maybe they are some sort of "splinter cell" who did not agree with Yuri and Rashidi.

Edited by nikitazero678, 20 March 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#2031 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:54 AM

This is a cry for help, please, please return the Tsivil, Without the buffs if you want to just return the voice over.

And if there is a way to return it by messing with the .ini file that would be great.

Spoiler

#2032 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

What's so good about this voiceover? Tigr one is much more fitting, too bad the unit itself is not nearly as dangerous as it sounds.

#2033 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:43 AM

What's so good about this voiceover? Tigr one is much more fitting, too bad the unit itself is not nearly as dangerous as it sounds.

It's the best voice over, next to that of Siegfried's.

Spoiler

#2034 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

The Palace seems to have tiny Scorpion Cell logos on them, so this might really be their main base. And indeed, they might be enemies, as the rule for factions is that they use the main faction color, if there's no other player on the field that uses the same faction. Meaning, if the Scorpion Cell base uses the green color, that means that the player is using the Epsilon Purple color. That doesn't yet mean that the Scorpion Cell base is an enemy, but I think it is most likely.

#2035 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

I might think different (what a pun lol), but maybe the green palace is a structure needed for defense instead of attacking it? maybe Scorpion Cell is under attack by the European Alliance from Lizard Brain so you'll need to defend their HQ(?) or one of their important locations.

Edited by siegelad, 20 March 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Let there be light!

#2036 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Maybe that Scorpion Cell in Obsidian Sands is a defense objective.

And from that screenshot preview just remind me to GLA.

8gxY9XM.jpg

#2037 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

It could be a defense objective, but anyone else remember that unit showcase showing off the Dybbuk Seizer?  What were they mind controlling?  Scorpion Cell units.

#2038 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Let's see...

MentalMeisters won't give you Yuri laser eye beam statues next to possible primary objectives, there's tech artillery and those brutes are moving in defensive AI-like waypoint mode in the " Side 4 " trailer. 

So we either have to defend scorpion cell from something, kill them or there's a war going on and PsiCorps is requested to help out. But we will not BE scorpion cell, I can bet on it.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#2039 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

And that's what I love about campaigns in these games. Many RTS games of both new and old make the huge mistake of giving you the full techtree from very early on.

Very few RTS games do it actually sadly. It is either:

*Giving the player the authority to use said weapons due to the situation

*A recent development and given you the usage to "test" it.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2040 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

I don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users