• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#2161 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:25 PM

Well, if you can succeed to build a considerable amount of gehennas, colossi aeroblaze etc. (without going bankrupt considering that you are also attacked from ground) you might have a chance. However the point is, that one is much more of a superweapon than Blasticade which takes hours to cover your whole base to make effective use of it..
I think that two might change places.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 22 November 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#2162 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

I think that blasticade being their 3k superweapon makes them more balanced. Because if somehow they would get Harbringer as foehn-wide superweapon, they would be less balanced, considering how much damage thos superweapons could make on their own. And MCV killing would be present anytime you would be against Foehn (unless you play without superweapons, understadably)

Edited by Sizyfos31, 22 November 2017 - 05:40 PM.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#2163 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

Well, if you can succeed to build a considerable amount of gehennas, colossi aeroblaze etc. (without going bankrupt considering that you are also attacked from ground) you might have a chance. However the point is, that one is much more of a superweapon than Blasticade which takes hours to cover your whole base to make effective use of it..
I think that two might change places.

Harbinger is on the same subfaction as the one that has the imbalanced flying Pteranodon that people are complaining about. Buying AA is not wasted.

#2164 Dostayer

Dostayer
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:52 PM

Joking aside, after playing several painful skirmish matches against Foehn, I believe that HARBINGER must be either nerfed or be considered as a superpower, it is much more effective gamechanger than the underused blasticade..

I thought it was already is considered as a quasi Superweapon?
Seriously though, there's nothing you can do about it if you don't have tier 3 AA (or mass AA), which means The Latin Confederecy and the Foehn sub-factions (with the exception of Coronia, I don''t have much of experience with the Hailhead) will have a hard time dealing with it.
Generally speaking, I think that Foehn AA is quite bad (not a fan of the Shrike nests, too easy to avoid, the Foxtrot is almost capable of out fly it, and unlike any other AA, you can actually intercept the UAV) and their desguised units detection is almost non-existant (for units, they have no unit which can discover these), both of which are quite exploitable

Edited by Dostayer, 07 December 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#2165 pikachu11

pikachu11
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Last Bastion has the Giantsbanes.

#2166 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

AA : Teratorn is slow-firing, but a hard-hitter. Knightframes are mediocre at best, tho

Disguise units : Use Stun-Grids/Clairvoyants

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2167 Dostayer

Dostayer
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

AA : Teratorn is slow-firing, but a hard-hitter. Knightframes are mediocre at best, tho
Disguise units : Use Stun-Grids/Clairvoyants

I find that with high speed airplanes (especially the annoying black widow or the harbinger) you really better off with something that hits instantly or has a fast projectile rather than a strong one, Flak cannons with their variations are absolutely the best when it come to this (especially the Sentinels, probably the AA unit I fear the most) along with Skyray and Aeroblaze, the Gatling cannon is less effective due to warm up time and the low damage output until then, the Patriots are fine but the shrike is useless against any aircraft which is not slow moving (Kirov, Helicopters, Yuri's hovering units and maybe the barracuda, and if the are with their own AA it's unfortunate).

Edited by Dostayer, 11 December 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#2168 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

Can you please choose an avatar or something, you are literally breaking the forum's layout for me every time you post. :shiftee:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2169 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:59 AM

Then use mass kekframes. :p

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2170 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

My fav. AA is Colossus 0_0
Anyways I still support the Idea that Harbinger is effectively a secondary superpower, on par with Iron Curtain and Chronosphere etc. Unless someone has figured out an effective way to use Blasticade

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 11 December 2017 - 11:24 PM.

#2171 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

'Dizers all the way man. 'Dizers and Gatling tanks.  :thumbsupcool:

#2172 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Is it me or does the deviatress look like a big daddy from BioShock (ive never played BioShock, i just know what a big daddy looks like)?

#2173 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

No, that's the Epsilon Stalker.

#2174 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:21 AM

Deviatress looks more like GDI's Zone Raiders

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2175 XoGamer

XoGamer

Strategically Losing

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  i won already

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

chat-revive-rap-dont-die-this-card-allow

"I cast a deadly shadow." - Apocalypse

#2176 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:55 PM

The Origins campaign finally let us know the story behind Foehn, especially the following:

1. Yunru turned out to be Foehn's leader after all.
  2. VOLKNET was the player character of the Origins campaign (since Nobody Home's description mentions an "experimental artificial intelligence").
  3. Thread of Dread's briefing reveals that Foehn was initially intended to be a branch of the Chinese military using equipment separate from the Soviet standards.
  4. Obsidian Sands' briefing reveals that Rashidi made a deal with Yunru by giving her the MIDAS from Focus Shift in exchange for her protection and technology (although Rashidi, who most likely survives Obsidian Sands, has yet to appear in Origins).
  5. It is highly hinted that Yuri will succeed in activating the Mental Omega Device (or whatever it could be) to mind-control the entire world.

#2177 DrZiztah

DrZiztah
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:12 PM

The Origins campaign finally let us know the story behind Foehn, especially the following:

2. VOLKNET was the player character of the Origins campaign (since Nobody Home's description mentions an "experimental artificial intelligence").
  3. Thread of Dread's briefing reveals that Foehn was initially intended to be a branch of the Chinese military using equipment separate from the Soviet standards.
  4. Obsidian Sands' briefing reveals that Rashidi made a deal with Yunru by giving her the MIDAS from Focus Shift in exchange for her protection and technology (although Rashidi, who most likely survives Obsidian Sands, has yet to appear in Origins).
  5. It is highly hinted that Yuri will succeed in activating the Mental Omega Device (or whatever it could be) to mind-control the entire world.

I would also add the following:

6. The location of Last Bastion in Bering was picked well beforehand, though for reasons unknown (Tainted Empire end screen).

7. It's strongly hinted that the main campaign forces of Allies will have zero participation in Foehn. Insomnia ending cinematic notes that they'll have no contact with outside world past that point due to psychic interference, and Foehn already has access to their Weather Control tech (Thread of Dread briefing). Soviets are still up in air, given that they control the rather far away Moon (Earthrise), which would probably be a bit more difficult to mind control from the Earth.

Edited by DrZiztah, 11 March 2018 - 03:25 PM.

Mostly in it for the lore. Although, I do enjoy basebuilding as well.

#2178 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

1- a surprise out of most things, despite some guess that she is part of the founders of the faction.

2- reminds of the Tiberium Wars again... especially Nod's 2nd campaign.

4- I still wonder about the MIDAS thing, wasn't in the Soviet perspective consider that the Chinese didn't destroy it but instead capture it and use it later? And since Rashidi whom use a Jackal Racer, well it won't be long that we'll see the guy again.

6. The location of Last Bastion in Bering was picked well beforehand, though for reasons unknown (Tainted Empire end screen).

7. It's strongly hinted that the main campaign forces of Allies will have zero participation in Foehn. Insomnia ending cinematic notes that they'll have no contact with outside world past that point due to psychic interference, and Foehn already has access to their Weather Control tech (Thread of Dread briefing). Soviets are still up in air, given that they control the rather far away Moon (Earthrise), which would probably be a bit more difficult to mind control from the Earth.

7- Perhaps due to that Yunru still working a way on how to counter Yuri's "secret weapon" which we wonder why she didn't know that the Allies and Soviets already figure a way (using a beacon or amplifier to act as a shield)

You also forgot that there are other Allied Forces too, PF in particular and I already guess that they share the Weather Control tech and which become the Tempest later on... As for the Soviets, well I do wonder about the "Wings of Coronia" now.

Anyways considering how each of the 3 sub-factions of the Foenh were created, well I do speculate that "Coronia" isn't actually some flying fortress but rater the Lunar Base itself. (cue Knightfall Protocol) which we wonder that the surviving Soviets in that part.

Edited by Flandre, 11 March 2018 - 03:53 PM.

3qPyjQ8.png

#2179 DrZiztah

DrZiztah
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:28 PM

1- a surprise out of most things, despite some guess that she is part of the founders of the faction.

2- reminds of the Tiberium Wars again... especially Nod's 2nd campaign.

4- I still wonder about the MIDAS thing, wasn't in the Soviet perspective consider that the Chinese didn't destroy it but instead capture it and use it later? And since Rashidi whom use a Jackal Racer, well it won't be long that we'll see the guy again.

7- Perhaps due to that Yunru still working a way on how to counter Yuri's "secret weapon" which we wonder why she didn't know that the Allies and Soviets already figure a way (using a beacon or amplifier to act as a shield)

You also forgot that there are other Allied Forces too, PF in particular and I already guess that they share the Weather Control tech and which become the Tempest later on... As for the Soviets, well I do wonder about the "Wings of Coronia" now.

Anyways considering how each of the 3 sub-factions of the Foenh were created, well I do speculate that "Coronia" isn't actually some flying fortress but rater the Lunar Base itself. (cue Knightfall Protocol) which we wonder that the surviving Soviets in that part.

This is why I explicitly referred to the main campaign forces, aka everything aboard or around the Paradox Engine. Tainted Empire ends with the Pacfic Front forces there joining up with Yunru, so some Allied troops have already joined up the Revolt. It's just that they are not part of the unified front attacking Antarctica. However, given the way Pacific Front on Virgin Islands asked for help with the completed Weather Controller's defense, there exists a possibility that the Pacific Front Forces on Antarctica may actually be aware of the Revolt to some extent.

As for Wings of Coronia, the etymologic floating fortress is noted to be on this planet rather than the Moon, even if it is rather far up. Consider for example Draco Tank's unit description:

"Focused on launching deadly attacks from its main base hidden in the clouds, the Wings also heavily rely on flying units, which is prevalent even in the design of their main battle tank, the Draco."

Mostly in it for the lore. Although, I do enjoy basebuilding as well.

#2180 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

5- It is highly hinted that Yuri will succeed in activating the Mental Omega Device (or whatever it could be) to mind-control the entire world.

Maybe not Yuri himself, now he has gone to Moscow to play decoy for the Soviets. Maybe it's the Proselyte which will be the one left in charge of the world once the Mental Omega Device is activated. Or worst, Libra.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users