2365 replies to this topic

#661 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:50 PM

Here's a theory: Robot Tank got lasers instead of shotguns because with Riot Trooper there would be 2 units with the same weapon within one faction's arsenal.

No. Shotgun plain sucked. Speeder replaced it with lasers and made them better anti-infantry unit - noone/barely anyone was using robot tanks tbh.

#662 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:07 PM

You use it to sniff out Malver though. if you happen to be fighting Scorpion Cell but other then that tho...

But yeah i welcome the improved Robot Tanks

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#663 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

Here's a theory: Robot Tank got lasers instead of shotguns because with Riot Trooper there would be 2 units with the same weapon within one faction's arsenal.

Sort of. Robot Tank is a T1 unit, Riot Trooper is a T3. Both of them having a shotgun made the fact that Riot's weapon is much stronger weird.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#664 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

Suppressor got a proper description now. Also, Allied Units is in the process of being updated (but no new info yet, only cameos and images)!

Also, it seems this thread pretty much became the "What's new with Mental Omega" thread, instead of focusing solely on Foehn. :p

Edited by Solais, 15 July 2016 - 07:08 PM.

#665 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:15 PM

Its not really focusing on foehn, just on what will appear in 3.3.

Also, in BR1 seals were always better than robot tanks when it comes to "detection" part of army.

#666 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:10 PM

At Siegfried's summary, there's "Cannot be crushed by vehicles." My memory's hazy, but does this mean Crusher ones or OmniCrusher as well (since the former is summarized as "crushed by normal vehicles" and the latter as "crushed by any vehicles" while Siegfried's desc is a third variant)?
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#667 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:03 AM

Well i like the Robot Tank's new laser gun graphics. Looks Battle Fortress is renamed to Battle Tortoise. The Dolphin is returning (iirc he gets a prism gun) and Battleship naval unit. 

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#668 <OTL>

<OTL>
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

The suppressor really does some magic

#669 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

Oh, so what does Soviets use to kill malver? Because attack dogs don't last long.

#670 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:04 AM

Think its the Borillos (and likely the new Chinese Armadillo) have the scanning equipment needed to sniff out Malver. 

#671 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

Regarding the units descriptions btw: Speeder, if Suppressor's weapon still doesn't affect alies, you may want to expand the Suppressor's description with something like "due to unknown nature of this weapon Allied commanders were strongly prohibited from using it on their own units to achieve the repair effect".

#672 GuardianTempest

GuardianTempest
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

Alternatively it's considered a douche move to shoot on your own units, who'd want to be shot at by your own friends? Plus, they might get complacent and result in actual friendly fire.

#673 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:32 AM

Siegfried, any vehicles, right. I forgot I included the 'any' part before.

Regarding the units descriptions btw: Speeder, if Suppressor's weapon still doesn't affect alies, you may want to expand the Suppressor's description with something like "due to unknown nature of this weapon Allied commanders were strongly prohibited from using it on their own units to achieve the repair effect".

..or I'll just write "Does not affect allied units" in the Additional Information.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#674 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:38 AM

This works too, but some related lore explanation won't hurt anyway :p

Oh, btw, the Engineer description still says it captures buildings with 33% hp left, while it has been changed to ~36% according to older changelog.

#675 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:09 PM

I'm sorry if I am interrupting the current discussion but while browsing through the Soviet units page recently, I could not keep myself away from the asking the question "what is going to happen to the Apocalypse tank at the next release ?" Since the Soviets acquired the new Iron Dragon as the top tier 3 anti armor unit, I believe that it is for certain that the Apocalypse is going to be removed from the stolen tech list because both basically serve the same purpose. Main tech maybe? But even if that is right, it may result in an overpowered Soviet Armory. (Think Nuwa Cannons or Catastrophy tanks supported by Apocalypses). It may be completely removed, however I also think that it is too iconic with RA series to be removed. I'm confused.

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 16 July 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#676 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, I wondered that too. Apocalypses are too iconic. If they were to be scrapped, I'd rather choose the Catastrophe to be removed than the Apocalypse.

#677 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

Maybe it will be a stolen tech unit of Soviets stolen from Soviets?

#678 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

@Damfoos
I tought of that too, however both Iron Dragon and Apocalypse are basically heavy tanks designed to combat enemy armor. This may be the most feasible option though, since the Iron Dragon's main purpose is to counter Foehn advanced heavy tanks, and the second heaviest armor belong to the Soviets. So, a Soviet-Soviet stolen tech to counter their own tanks is likely. Creators may wish a more unique asset for the Soviets though. Who knows...

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 16 July 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#679 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

I like to see Apoc Tanks return as an "epic" unit of sorts where they have a 1 unit build limit but are heavily buffed in some way. since Apoc Tanks are no longer in production, that is why there is a limit. Alternatively deployed via support power from maybe the T3 technology buildings or industrial plant in a manner similar to the Drakuvs. They are just too Iconic in RA2 to be scrapped. "IT WILL BE A WASTELAND".  But i don't mind seeing it as a stolen-from-soviets tech unit though.

Also same with the Cyborg Prototype. It's such a cool looking infantry design i really want to see them stay. even if getting them would be different ("Cyborg Paratroopers?"  ;) )

Also info for the Allies Battleship is up!

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 16 July 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#680 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

Well, Foehn got 4 epic units, so why not the Soviets have 2 then? Poor Allies still have none. :p

Allied Tech Tree have been also updated. Also new header: http://mentalomega.c...ges/header1.jpg

Edited by Solais, 16 July 2016 - 06:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users