Photo

MO 3.3 // Side 4 "The Foehn Revolt" - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#61 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

Any chance of Sharknado as a special tech?

Sharknado Generator will be their superweapon.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#62 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:32 PM

Dropships pls.

I bet they're cyborgs or heavily machine oriented.

3879444-3684297373-termi.jpg

#63 alexthecat

alexthecat
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

I hope the new special unit that you get from infiltrating all battle labs and construction yards is Frank Klepacki. He could run around with a guitar and blast people away with the power of metal and funk.

#64 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

Maybe it's the lizard people from the hollow Earth, bent on retaking the surface once again.

#65 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:14 AM

So we have lizards, machines, aliens, demons, cthulu beings, PMCs, and transhumans. They are really shark people (hence their logo) that were the  ancient people who destroyed several bronze age civilizations which they were called the Sea People, I am surpise none of you saw the signs.

#66 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts
  •  Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:31 AM

SHARK PEOPLE CYBORGS FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION WHO HAVE GENETICALLY MUTATED LIZARD SOLDIERS AND HAVE INFILTRATED THE HUMAN UPPER ECHELON AND CREATED DRUGS THAT MAKE PEOPLE SEE DEMONS AND HAVE CTHULHU AS THEIR LEADER?!?

2nm4ut.jpg

#67 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

They are lead by the Left Shark, obviously.

#68 TheRedshirt

TheRedshirt
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Well, If we can propose any idea we want to see then....

...do not make this fourth faction another secret army. we already have that with Yuri's forces, adding another that even he didn't know about would really kill the story for me. You guys have been doing great with the game's story thus far, please don't drag this down to the level of poor fan-fiction just so we can have another army to play with.

And really, you dont need it to be a secret army in order to suprise everyone. They could be an alliance of corporate or third-world militaries nobody consdered a threat until now, or an army that really was just recently created.

As for thier units and tactics, Id have to support the idea of a faction with small numbers of expensive and powerfull units. All of the other factions can be spammed, how about a faction thats too expensive to spam? A faction that relies on small groups of mixed "commando"(not hero) units to defeat opposing armies and achieve objectives. Considering how advanced and powerfull the units in this short tralier appeared, it makes the most sense. at least, it makes sense to me. Lore-wise, a smaller army would help explain why none of the other factions payed any attention to them while planning global conquest.

This is all, of course, just my opinion. I'm just happy you guys are still working on this mod after all. 

#69 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

Would it be a secret army? I guess only Act Two will tell. And so far I believe Act Two reveals the story of the Fourth Wall quite nicely. ;)

To be honest, Yuri did not really have a secret army either. Act One revealed that he is quite a bit suspicious to the Russians and he was quite the actor in many places. His army are very visible (the destruction left behind was real). Everyone just thought his army was someone else's army.

Think Different is a classic example; it started as China vs PF. Then Yuri went in screw both sides over from behind. China and PF remained convinced it was still China vs PF, and blamed each other for their newfound butthurt. While Yuri got all the good pleasure... I mean, intel.

Pardon my imagery. :)

The ones that are truly oblivious are the Allies. All throughout the campaign they believed Yuri and the Soviets were one with each other.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#70 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Would it be a secret army? I guess only Act Two will tell. And so far I believe Act Two reveals the story of the Fourth Wall quite nicely. ;)

To be honest, Yuri did not really have a secret army either. Act One revealed that he is quite a bit suspicious to the Russians and he was quite the actor in many places. His army are very visible (the destruction left behind was real). Everyone just thought his army was someone else's army.

Think Different is a classic example; it started as China vs PF. Then Yuri went in screw both sides over from behind. China and PF remained convinced it was still China vs PF, and blamed each other for their newfound butthurt. While Yuri got all the good pleasure... I mean, intel.

The ones that are truly oblivious are the Allies. All throughout the campaign they believed Yuri and the Soviets were one with each other.

So you are hinting that the 4th side is a PF-China alliance? I really hope it's not, because that would mean the end of the Soviet Chinese and Allied PF fractions, which are both loveable and unique in their own way.

Edited by Divine, 04 July 2015 - 06:58 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#71 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

So you are hinting that the 4th side is a PF-China alliance? I really hope it's not, because that would mean the end of the Soviet Chinese and Allied PF fractions, which are both loveable and unique in their own way.

Quote from the mod homepage:

Behind the #ControlMOre hashtag hides this new and large part of the project - a fully functional new side with its own subfactions, units, heroes and superweapons. Its own bases, airforce, navy, Engineers (surprise!), soundtrack and story. Your choice of arsenal grows from the 9 subfactions you are already familiar with to 12.

Given what I've highlighted there, I don't think that's quite the case.  Maybe it is an alliance between those two sides, but the old ones don't seem to be going anywhere.  If that is the case, then I expect only part of the Chinese/Pacific Front want to team up, and the rest either don't trust the other faction enough to go along with it and keeping as is.
In addition, somewhere on the forum is a mention of an Act 2 mission where Russia and China attempt to make peace with each other (admittedly, the thread in question also mentioned things going in an unexpected direction), so China at least looks to be staying for a bit.
Personally I think the new faction looks completely different from both of them, whereas you'd expect some aesthetic holdovers if they were an amalgamation of previous sides.  So I'm still holding out for a Local Globotech/other PMC/Australia.

Edited by Wayward Winds, 04 July 2015 - 09:32 PM.

#72 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

Australia is already part of the Pacific Front tho. It doesn't make sense either even if they weren't, Australia never has and never will be advanced enough to have their own faction that could rival anything above an invasion from Ethiopia.

2nm4ut.jpg

#73 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

As far as anyone actually knows. There's an awful lot of empty ground in Australia, and even a spy satellite is going to have trouble covering that much land. Someone has review the footage after all. All of it. There could be anything hiding out there, with nothing for company but the aboriginals.
...Actually, there could be things out in the outback that Australia isn't aware of.

#74 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a secret base in Australia, but not by a faction consisting solely of Australians vying for world domination, lol

2nm4ut.jpg

#75 Cule_R

Cule_R
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

I think the fourth side will have Epsilon as a main enemy (just as Allied .vs. Soviets). Maybe it is the Allied initiative to create fully independent army (which don't have to receive orders from Allied command HQ), with the main goal to find and destroy everything related to Epsilon forces (or, maybe, capture Epsilon's technology to themselves). The only thing I can't explain in my theory - why do "The Fourth" fight against Allied (I'm sure they will)

Edited by Cule_R, 05 July 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#76 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

I wonder what special power their harvesters will have.

Edited by Solais, 05 July 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#77 Yusuf Dayson

Yusuf Dayson
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

You guys this faction is from another timeline maybe........

There using the time machine and try to stop yuri from starting the war at red alert 2! :thumbsupxd:

Harvesters will may have a some kind of a energy shield since they are high-tech faction....

#78 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

Shields are too close to iron curtain tech (note to self= replace war miner gun with mini iron curtain). Maybe bring back the old hover miner?

#79 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Maybe it's an independent US while we're talking about independent factions... 

#80 MrFakeSmile

MrFakeSmile
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

draw your own conclusions.

13zrf2b.jpg

Edited by MrFakeSmile, 06 July 2015 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users