MO 3.3 // Side 4 "The Foehn Revolt" - General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
2365 replies to this topic

#1721 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

I wish there would be LEGO versions of Foehn heroes, just like for 3.0 heroes. Who made those btw?

#1722 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Pretty sure I've read up on that part before, but i just can't recall it... Maybe you can ask Martinoz for help. :D

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#1723 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:26 PM

Small OT: I just got an idea for the Foehn campaign.

Initially, chaos/confusion technology was something tied to Yuri/Epsilon. What if Foehn had stole that technology from Epsilon? The campaign map could include things like the old Chaos Drones, and the goals of the mission would be : 1°) Taking this confusion tech from Epsilon, and 2°) destroy any data not stolen so Epsilon cannot have this technology.

Thoughts about this?

Foehn's confusion ray tech has nothing to do with Chaos gas. That thing was retconed, its existence is null and void. Remember that Foehn's confusion weapons can affect robotic units too? Additionally one does not simply "destroy any data" in a military-grade (or even commercial) system. I'm an IT guy and such an idea triggers me.

Edited by Divine, 23 January 2017 - 12:27 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1724 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

Foehn's confusion ray tech has nothing to do with Chaos gas. That thing was retconed, its existence is null and void. Remember that Foehn's confusion weapons can affect robotic units too? Additionally one does not simply "destroy any data" in a military-grade (or even commercial) system. I'm an IT guy and such an idea triggers me.

Oh, guess that was a rather bad idea after all. Sorry for that.

#1725 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Small OT: I just got an idea for the Foehn campaign.

Initially, chaos/confusion technology was something tied to Yuri/Epsilon. What if Foehn had stole that technology from Epsilon? The campaign map could include things like the old Chaos Drones, and the goals of the mission would be : 1°) Taking this confusion tech from Epsilon, and 2°) destroy any data not stolen so Epsilon cannot have this technology.

Thoughts about this?

So what about when Epsilon removed the psych tech from the Soviets?

#1726 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:08 PM

Mind Control solve everything.

8gxY9XM.jpg

#1727 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

I think it's logical to assume that all pyschic-related research and the training of psychics were conducted by the PsiCorps and Yuri himself. The PsiCorps appears to be a nearly autonomous unit within the Soviet army, so they probably had their own archives. 

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1728 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

I think no one but psicorp troopers understand anything about psychic. The entire Soviet army would probably be dumb when asked about the technical part of the technology.

They were simply given command, not taught about it. Without Yuri, the entire psychic arsenal became alien to the Soviet as it usage depends on the psicorp troopers he utilized. It's not a simple type of mechanical weapon that can be reversed engineered with tools, it needs actual psychic people. It was Yuri and his psicorps that can train them, not the generic Soviet army.

Edited by X1Destroy, 23 January 2017 - 01:31 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#1729 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

I think no one but psicorp troopers understand anything about psychic. The entire Soviet army would probably be dumb when asked about the technical part of the technology.

They were simply given command, not taught about it. Without Yuri, the entire psychic arsenal became alien to the Soviet as it usage depends on the psicorp troopers he utilized. It's not a simple type of mechanical weapon that can be reversed engineered with tools, it needs actual psychic people. It was Yuri and his psicorps that can train them, not the generic Soviet army.

Tell that to the Allied and their constant reverse engineering attempt on the Psychic Beacon as well as their Chrono Prison

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1730 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

Tell that to the Allied and their constant reverse engineering attempt on the Psychic Beacon as well as their Chrono Prison

Allied only know how to turn it on and off. They don't know how to build new ones, nor create theirs own mind controller infantry corps. And that will not happen, for sure.

Stolen tech units don't actually have to be a real stolen technology story wise. Iron Dragon and Future tank are stolen Foehn tech due to gameplay, not because those were made from stolen Foehn Tech. Grumble isn't stolen tech from anyone, it's just rare and only deployed when there are too many aircrafts, Apocalypses are also not stolen tech. They're just in reserves unused due to being cost-ineffective compared to Tesla Cruiser. The list goes on and on.
The Chrono Prison's brainwash thing maybe via drugging the victim. It doesn't have to be psychic.

Edited by X1Destroy, 23 January 2017 - 03:07 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#1731 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:40 AM

Allied only know how to turn it on and off. They don't know how to build new ones, nor create theirs own mind controller infantry corps. And that will not happen, for sure.

Stolen tech units don't actually have to be a real stolen technology story wise. Iron Dragon and Future tank are stolen Foehn tech due to gameplay, not because those were made from stolen Foehn Tech. Grumble isn't stolen tech from anyone, it's just rare and only deployed when there are too many aircrafts, Apocalypses are also not stolen tech. They're just in reserves unused due to being cost-ineffective compared to Tesla Cruiser. The list goes on and on.
The Chrono Prison's brainwash thing maybe via drugging the victim. It doesn't have to be psychic.

Well isn't that mission in Puppet Master is kinda turning the PSI Beacon into a shield to negate the effects of the other present beacons in there? Something of a shield? Perhaps that is what they did when Yuri trigger the mental omega device

3qPyjQ8.png

#1732 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

...and probably how they invented Signal Inhibitor

Anyway, even if indeed the Soviet were dumb on the psychic technology, that doesn't exactly explain how they also lost the cloning technology. I think the PsiCorps indeed erased the data about their tech from all archive through the web using the Soviet Palace in Brain Reset. I mean there must be a reason why erasing the data takes quite awhile

And if you remember, in the mission that takes place during this (Dragonstorm) Yuri has already fled, yet you can still construct Psychic Sensor

Edited by Handepsilon, 24 January 2017 - 01:24 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1733 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:09 PM

Because that is what happened.

#1734 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:55 PM

Well Latin Confederation still had a working set of cloning vats before Rahn was born.

It's entirely possible that Yuri's erasure of the tech was not exhaustive. Perhaps some LC Officials still have records of cloning technology locked away somewhere that Yuri couldn't find.

#1735 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

I think there is a mission where Psychic tech in the Soviet's arsenal was removed midway through the mission (buildable at the start but removed during the mission). Can't remember if that is Dragonstorm.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#1736 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:23 PM

It is Dragonstorm, yes.

#1737 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:16 AM

...and probably how they invented Signal Inhibitor

Anyway, even if indeed the Soviet were dumb on the psychic technology, that doesn't exactly explain how they also lost the cloning technology. I think the PsiCorps indeed erased the data about their tech from all archive through the web using the Soviet Palace in Brain Reset. I mean there must be a reason why erasing the data takes quite awhile

And if you remember, in the mission that takes place during this (Dragonstorm) Yuri has already fled, yet you can still construct Psychic Sensor

Yeah, they were not dumb because they don't know about it. It's because Yuri destroy the files and self destructing the present ones the soviet use during Dragonstorm.

However the Latins somehow manage to keep it intact. After all, they probably know more stuff in ensuring something useful to go "boom" for no reason

3qPyjQ8.png

#1738 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

Yeah, they were not dumb because they don't know about it. It's because Yuri destroy the files and self destructing the present ones the soviet use during Dragonstorm.

For some reason, mine in Dragonstorm Easy didn't blow up as well

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1739 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:45 AM

Mine neither.

#1740 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

You just lose them in the sidebar build options, they don't explode.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users