Photo

Problem with asset ( I guess)

model pink-texture eas assetbuilder bfme2

Best Answer Valheru, 13 July 2015 - 03:38 AM

These are the main reasons it can go pink

-the asset.dat hasnt been created with the textures whilst building

-the textures arent in the right folder ------------>if your texture name starts with ib make sure its in the ib folder, and make sure in the asset creation its in the right folder too!

-remember that theres the textures/compiledtextures thing, when u build asset it has to be named textures

Are you applying the texture as TGA and then converting to DDS after application?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

Hey guys, I have made this prison door, and I wanted to test it in-game (it works fine in 3ds max and w3d viewer)

f5576c.jpg

I gave it same name as an already existing model ( the one from cirith ungol doors), because i wanted it to replace that one quickly and see if it works as a gate:

2 variables:

1)if i put it in a big archive in main game folder, without asset but same name as old model (should replace it), it doesn't shows up at all in-game.

2)If i try through mod command, and create an asset (im using EA's assetbuilder), I get the model to show up in-game and work properly (opening anim and such) (replacing the old doors one), but the texture's all pink... even if it's a vanilla texture, ibfortress.dds

Any ideas?

I'm not sure if i created this topic in the right forum, if anything, move it :evgr:

Edited by -SilverBane-, 11 July 2015 - 06:27 PM.

2qm3dd5.jpg

#2 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:14 AM

All new models require a new asset.dat, its not the same as textures where you can just overwrite the old name, as models have information embedded that is read by asset.dat

This is why step 2 works. If the texture is pink try renaming it, reapply it to the model, export the model, and build a new asset.dat from this model and the new texture name.

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#3 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Hey, thanks for your reply, but I have renamed everything ( even made a new object), but still what i get in-game is this:

azbajt.jpg

The assetbuilder however gives me these errors:

Asset MBPRSNFNC.BARS01 in file mbprsnfnc.w3d depends on unknown asset ibfortress.dds.
Asset MBPRSNGTE.DOOR01 in file mbprsngte.w3d depends on unknown asset ibfortress_iron.dds.
Asset MBPRSNGTE.BARS01 in file mbprsngte.w3d depends on unknown asset ibfortress_iron.dds.

2qm3dd5.jpg

#4 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:38 AM   Best Answer

These are the main reasons it can go pink

-the asset.dat hasnt been created with the textures whilst building

-the textures arent in the right folder ------------>if your texture name starts with ib make sure its in the ib folder, and make sure in the asset creation its in the right folder too!

-remember that theres the textures/compiledtextures thing, when u build asset it has to be named textures

Are you applying the texture as TGA and then converting to DDS after application?

Edited by Valheru, 13 July 2015 - 03:40 AM.

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#5 -SilverBane-

-SilverBane-

Inactive Noob

• Project Team
  • 474 posts
  •  Mapper & Coder

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

I have applied them as dds. Gonna try that.

EDIT: thanks, now it works

Edited by -SilverBane-, 13 July 2015 - 10:03 AM.

2qm3dd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users