• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:44 PM

Hello, i've decided to give the PS2 version a go, and it is a pretty good port, the controls however are what makes it bad, there very twitchy and take a while to get used to, heck there's even about 70 tutorial levels that teach you the controls, i'm ok with the controls now i've got the hook of them, but it can be frustrating when you have to be quick on the controls and that alone can screw up your progress, in return they made a few things easier such as you can run behind enemies without them hearing like in commandos 1, and with the spy and natasha you can run with the uniforms on.

For the heck of it i'm doing walkthroughs of the ps2 version, I am playing it with PCSX2 (ps2 emulator) because it's easier to record than from an actual ps2, and there seems to be no videos of the console versions on youtube:

https://www.youtube....zRo3unbu3EpGsv9

Let me know what your thoughts are on the PS2/XBOX version

Also they were planning a version for the Sega Dreamcast but that got cancelled because it was around that time they stopped making games for that console.

Edit:

I noticed that on the ps2 disc, the files seem to be structured very similar to the PC version, might be a few things on there for you modders etc to look at

Edited by robb, 22 August 2015 - 09:48 PM.

#2 The Mercenary

The Mercenary
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

When you start Burma, tell me. :D

When you open Global.dat, you can see Xbox notifications before it was realised for Xbox.

Edited by The Mercenary, 23 August 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#3 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

I can only view the preview of burma at the moment, but trying to beat das boot on the ps2 version on very hard with all the bonus books whilst getting a good run for recording might take me a while, i'm not as familiar with commandos 2 as i am the first game when it comes to knowing where everything is, infact im thinking about just doing the missions without the bonus books and secondary objectives so its not too long  :D

Edited by robb, 23 August 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#4 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:59 PM

robb youre moving out from commandos BTOCD to Commandos 2?

Edited by Salvadorc17, 23 August 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#5 SirRH

SirRH

title available

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:26 AM

robb youre moving out from commandos BTOCD to Commandos 2?

No, I play all the commandos games :D

Edited by robb, 09 November 2015 - 07:23 PM.

#6 The Mercenary

The Mercenary
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

Do you HATE Commandos 2 ??!!

#7 Salvadorc17

Salvadorc17

title available

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Projects:Destination Norway

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:34 PM

I do not hate commandos 2, but is not my favorite, just wanted to know if robert is no more interested in commandos BTCOD becuase he helped me to complete my mod..

#8 The Mercenary

The Mercenary
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:01 PM

aaaaaahhh, LOL :thumbsupxd:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users