• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:39 AM

MV5BMjMxMDA0NDM5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDMw

Death!  Savage violence!  Life or death situations that will keep you on the edge of your orthopedic stools!  The gripping drama of the zombie apocalypse!  Oh, sorry... this show has nothing to do with any of these things.

On a warm, sunny day, a dad wakes up.  He fixes a sink.  The day's action has concluded.  Welcome to Fear the Walking Dead.  A show that succeeds in doing nothing, but never fails to deliver a nice, refreshing glass of the lukewarm activities of every day urban people.  When you were watching The Walking Dead, you kept asking yourself, "What was that one ordinary dad in Los Angeles doing before the undead started getting fresh with humanity's brains?"  Well, here you go lore hoarders.  Eat your hearts out.  

What's the plot?  A man and his family are on the edge of destruction because they have to face the dreaded terror of... AN INNER CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL.  Where 14 year-olds get to learn about the chaos theory while gossiping on phone models that didn't actually exist in 2010.  FEAR!  Where the sex appeal of the show is barley old enough to ride most theme park rides.       F E A R !

We also have super gender man / woman, who has the ability to hide its true gender from human eyes.  It also has the ability to stutter and mumble.  And do drugs.  Our scrawny hero is going to be told to poop in a bucket and eat jello, and we're going to be there for every second of it.  ... I think it's a man, but there's a 50% chance that I'm wrong.  The only clue that I have is a receding hairline that goes so far back, it transcends time and space.

So Rick and his merry gang of whiny babies are yesterday's Walking Dead.  The future is about a family of hideous inner city hooligans that forgot how facial expressions work.  They want you to watch them get involved in heavy traffic, lecture on English literature, going into empty churches, and awkwardly hugging people every 5 minutes. Well... you know what?  There's just one little problem that I have with all of this.  ... WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES!!!???  WHERE!? WHY DOES NOTHING HAPPEN!!!????!?!?!?  WHY DID TRAVIS GO BACK TO THE CHURCH TO DO NOTHING FOR A SECOND TIME!!!!????  Nothing happened!  The whole time!  It was 60 minutes of dirty ugly people talking about how ordinary they are!  We get it!!!!!  KIRKMANNNNN!!!!!

I vote to rename this show to Fear the Talking Dad, because that's 100% more accurate to what it actually is.  F E A R ! ! ! 

#2 Irenë Hawnetyne

Irenë Hawnetyne

-

• Hosted
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

I haven't watched it, but I expected pretty much what your review says.

"Everyone's a hero when there's nowhere left to run."

Auxiliary Skarn, 2333rd Cohort

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:43 PM

But we did have fun watching it, didn't we? And that's all that matters.

No but seriously, the writing on this was atrocious. I liked the drug-addled protagonist (the rest of the cast bored me), though.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:23 PM

You actually liked drug boy?  I think his sweaty, naked back might have hypothesized you.

#5 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Nobody hypothesizes me.

#6 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

Debatable.  Well, you might enjoy this then: https://www.yahoo.co...7516422295.html

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

I said I liked the character. Doesn't mean I want to read the actor's life story. 

GEE-WIZ

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:46 PM