• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sigmar.z

sigmar.z
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Hi guys,

How can edain mod be installed in the RotWK  game folder without its asset.(I cannot find it)

I have problems to create big files. If oversize, will cause the out of memory issue.

If split into small big files, asset wont work.

If I replaced the RotWK asset, the campaign will crash.

Thx

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

Out of memory issue is something that's annoying but it's not the end of the world. I'm frequently working with a single big file that is nearly 700mb and I don't have too much difficulty.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 sigmar.z

sigmar.z
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Out of memory issue is something that's annoying but it's not the end of the world. I'm frequently working with a single big file that is nearly 700mb and I don't have too much difficulty.

what about over 700mb :smile2ap:

#4 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

I had a 3gb beta file with no issues

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

You must have a LOT of stuff in your mod to be that large. What do you have in there? The mod I'm constantly compiling has two nearly complete faction as well as HD art for just about every hero/unit in the game and it's less than 1gb. What, are you including all the vanilla stuff as well in your mod?

I see you're referencing Edain, but are you talking about your own mod or are you trying to compile Edain into a single big file?

Edited by Kwen, 10 September 2015 - 02:03 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Valheru

Valheru

Ashen Shugar

• Project Team
  • 765 posts
  • Projects:patching & see

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

It was just a collection of shit mostly, random stuff I enjoy playing around with just against AI. Tonnes of TGA and high poly stuff aswell as huge sound files n music. The stuff Math RoR and I are working on is only 145mb so far :)

SEE_Team_Rigger.jpg

#7 sigmar.z

sigmar.z
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thank you for all the replies.

My current problem is that the asset in my big file was not working in the game.

THX

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:41 AM

Did you name it correctly when you put it in the big?

#9 Turin Turumbar

Turin Turumbar
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

The big files have kind of a size limit. We encountered errors as soon as the big files were bigger than ~1,5 GB. I know that for example some textures did not show up any more as soon as the file got to big. The problem was solved as soon as we splitted the big file.

Edain is using BFME 2 asset.dat, because there is no asset builder which also adds the specific header the RotWK asset has, which connects it to the original BFME 2 one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users