Photo

A problem regarding connecting to others whilst hosting.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

This is my first post, I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Let's preface this with having ports forwarded and an edited options.ini.

As the title suggests. I am unable to connect to another player, possibly certain players (at least 10), whilst I am hosting. But if they host I connect to them straight away. This is in a 1 vs 1 scenario. More players are a no go in general.

I connect to other peoples hosts whilst having my windows firewall (I only have the standard firewall) on. I turn it off when I host to no avail.

I am not the most computer savvy but hopefully I haven't missed something totally obvious.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:16 AM

Today I tried again. 

Whilst hosting I couldn't connect. In a four player game, I connected to the host and nobody else. I played a few 1 vs 1's with Rider of Rohan and they were fine, he had to host all of them.

As said before, any help will be greatly appreciated.

#3 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:17 AM

Hi there,

your post must have slipped through the net somehow ;).

What exactly did you forward? Is the forward registered to the MAC address of your computer or to a static IP that might change every restart instead (due to DHCP)? 

Also, do you have virtual network adapters? Hamachi etc? In the bfme options menu, do you have multiple IP's to select from?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#4 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

I used the PFPortChecker by Portfoward.com to check if my port was forwarded. It is. I don't remember actually doing anything. I don't know what the port forward is registered to but whenever I check it, the port is always open.

I am unable to get into the router as it's a Japanese router and my laptop is from the UK. When I first got the router the installation CD wouldn't work, I'm guessing because it's Japanese, it would read the CD but none of the options on the CD would do anything. So I had to create my own connection using the login details I have.

I have a single IP option in the BFME2 Options menu. I don't have Hamachi. I don't think I have any Virtual Networks Adapters unless that is what I created when making my internet connection.

Cheers for the help.

#5 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

It's hard to run diagnostics if you can not login to your router interface. Are you sure there is no option to switch to english? Usually it's possible to access the router from a webbrowser when you enter your standardgateway in the addressline (without using a CD). Do you know the name of the router model?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#6 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:55 AM

NTT ECO VDSL

ACD070099003

VH-100<4>E<N>

NWA-035024-001

REV: 2A

These are all off the router. What they are I have no idea.

Edit: After some searching, it seems maybe I don't have a router. Maybe it's a modem and I have a connection coming to my building into a single router and from there into my room and modem.

I have no clue about this stuff.

Edited by Fitton, 05 May 2016 - 11:26 AM.

#7 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Can you open cmd (windows command line) and enter

tracert t3aonline.net

and post the results please?

#8 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

Here you are.

Attached Thumbnails

• 123.jpg

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

It looks like you are having multiple NATs in your network configuration. You can try different options, depending on how much you can configure, but I'm afraid you will have to do the research and trying on your own. See http://www.graemenob...sible-solutions for example.

#10 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

Thank you for your help. I'll check it out when I can.

#11 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

Of all my options. I'm thinking the best would be to buy a new router. Replace the device I currently have in my apartment and then configure it in a way so that the only device doing NAT would be the apartment complex one which I have no access to.

I have limited knowledge about this stuff.

Is it something that could/would work?

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

If you can try your computer behind a friend's router first, if it works you can try to borrow and try it at home. Not that you throw out money for nothing.

#13 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

Actually, did you already download the connection diagnostic tool helper http://server.cnc-on.../NATNegTest.rar
Extract it into a folder and double-click on the .bat file.
Copy-paste the output.

#14 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:28 PM

I didn't.

That link takes me to an error.

#15 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

This one should work http://server.cnc-on.../NATNegTest.rar

#16 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

Test.jpg

#17 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:07 AM

Maybe it's an ipv6 problem,

Your provider might be using "Dual Stack Lite", which means you have no native IPv4 address. That makes playing with other people almost impossible.
Please verify if that is the case and if so, ask your provider to give you a full "Dual Stack" configuration.

#18 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

When I check my connection it says I have IPv4 connectivity and no network access for IPv6 connectivity.

I have both a client IPv4 address and a server IPv4 address. 

#19 Fitton

Fitton
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

I recently reinstalled the game and everything with it.

T3A has been working for me. I played some 1v1s and a 2v2 today. The 2v2 was laggy because of me but the 1v1s were fine. I then changed the options.ini (as instructed to do on this site to help with connection issues) and I was then unable to connect. Reverted the changed option.ini and I was able to connect on-host and off-host. This has been with 5 players so far. Hopefully it continues.

Did you guys change anything over the last half a year or so?

Edited by Fitton, 27 February 2017 - 11:05 AM.

#20 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:17 PM

What exactly did you change that made a difference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users