Your Most Memorable C&C Mission

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

Which CnC mission sticks out in your memory the most ?

There are many memorable missions even in the modern games such as Tiberium Wars and RA 3 . Personally the training missions in RA 2 were my favorite I've played them 30 + times and even managed to find the hidden secrets in the first mission and in fact I'm going to play it again :p right now , so what is your mast memorable mission ?

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

I think the entire Soviet campaign in YR is the most memorable part of RA2.

In RA1... the 2nd and 4th Allied missions, and also the one where you had to rescue Tanya, especially because back then when I was a kid, I found that mission quite difficult. The first interior mission of the Soviets is something I remember often too. Actually, I wish that MO had interior missions like that.

The first two GDI missions in C&C1 are definitely quite memorable as well. Also the Greece mission, because to me, it was always the first real difficult one. Back then when I was a kid, the NOD disc went missing, so I only played the GDI missions over and over, and as such, they are the most memorable to me. Recently, I played the NOD missions the first time, and I really dislike most of them, because they are focused on commando missions. I do like the first NOD mission in the expansion, played that a million times. It's almost like playing skirmish.

Most of the time, the most memorable missions to me are the ones I got stuck for the longest. Like the one mission in Tiberian Sun when you had to recapture that GDI base with 4 Hover MLRS. Man, I hated that one.

In RA3, I think the final Soviet mission in Uprising is something that's quite special, as I never seen such gimmick used in RTS games before.

Edited by Solais, 01 October 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#3 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Man you just reminded me of how badly I want Uprising it and C&C 4 are the only ones I don't have but who want's C&C 4 .

Ya , RA2 YR had an awesome campaign from going to the moon to back in time and dinosaurs , so awesome. 

I also loved the interior missions in RA1 wish they were in TS and RA2 so badly sadly they require a large amount of time to created all of the assets .

Edited by Eternity 6, 01 October 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#4 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

What C&C4? There's no such game. :V

#5 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

Afaik it was a random wannabe C&C game, but it failed (thankfully or not, because not a single C&C game was seen after that).

Most memorable C&C mission? Without counting mods it would be last A11/A12 in vanilla RA2. Also A03 in Yuri's Revenge was decent.

Why A11? Warning, Desperate Engineers drop inbound.

Why A12? Lets drop you in the middle of enemy capital city and have fun vs 2 superweapons & mass attacks.
A03 YR? Come on, who doesnt see Power Play as mission where you had to take swift decisions with limited troops instead of nobrain unit spam.

#6 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Tiberian Dawn's Under Siege was by far the most memorable for me, after that would be a few Ra1 missions(and the ants ofcourse, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTS!!!!!!)

I liked all of Tiberian Sun/Firestorm missions and I think I will just reinstall that right now and replay them, they were so well made(my opinion)

I'd add the Renegade campaign also, Renegade being my favorite game, awesome gameplay and so well made for it's time, too bad that in late 2014 it started to die after many years of fun, it's been nice with lots of awesome people to meet. Looking at you Jelly Server  :thumbsupcool:  #HashtagNostalgia, remember the 20 hours Field.mix

Ofcourse there are the Ra2/YR missions, one of my favorite being the A01 when I discovered those 3 Grizzly Tanks for the first time xD, S01 was the first ever mission I played. I loved it, even now I take the war miner to destroy those ships and get experience, then going in that allied outpost and making it elite, it can take on the whole freaking allies alone lol.

After that, I kinda liked Generals too even if it didn't feel like a C&C, it was just a RTS game, C&C 3 was pretty cool too, same as KW.

Ra3 and the one that cannot be named were total pieces of shit. In Ra3 the only objective in missions was to look at all the breasts shown to you.

#7 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

To be honest, RA3 wasn't that bad. I personally loved the focus on the Naval stuff, I almost want a similar warfare expansion in RA2. Also the multirole transforming vehicles. What I didn't like that they used timetravel again, which imo once was enough in the story.

(And to be REALLY honest, RA2 also already had the breasts. If you play RA1 before RA2, it is very apparent.)

Edited by Solais, 07 October 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#8 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

Yeah but the ra2 Tanya is good looking and badass, unlike the Ra3 one which is that Courtney bitch from Two and a Half Men LOL.

Edited by Seth, 07 October 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#9 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

Well, the RA2 Tanya is that one character from Sliders who is usually considered to be the staple that ruined the entire series when she was introduced in Season 3. So yeah. :V

#10 Seth

Seth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

v:

#11 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

The first allied mission in RA1 where you have to save Einstein is the most memorable mission for me, I will always remember that Tesla Coil's sound at the beginning of the mission when it fries that 1 poor civilian :p

My very own C&C channel on youtube :thumbsuphappy: : https://www.youtube....XmKDAwiw/videos

#12 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:51 AM

I enjoyed sooooo much the indoor missions of RA1, but the first GDI mission of tiberian sun.... Oh the hype awesomeness!

#13 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

Final GDI mission of Tiberian Sun. It's madness to work through and the first time I did it, I was happy to find the three old Mammoth Tanks because that way I was able to kill one of the ICBMs while I was struggling to find the others to use the Ion Cannon on.

From RA2 it's definitely the final Allied mission. The same sort of urgency, but it's more manageable.

#14 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

I also enjoyed the Soviet Paris mission.... Ahhh paris.

#15 MrFreeze777

MrFreeze777
  • Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

The last missions of Tiberian Sun: Firestorm for both GDI and Nod where you had to face the Core Defender. For Red Alert it would be the mission: Deus Ex Machina where you end up fighting Volkov. It's fun to challenge myself to fight OP boss units clean without exploiting their achilles heel (Base expansion + Engineer capture for Core Defender and Attack Dogs for Volkov).

#16 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

My most memorable in particular is "Don't drink the water" from RA retaliation. I loved playing that mission over and over again as a kid. 

#17 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:26 AM

The residents of Vault 13 must hate you then (If you haven't played fallout, the story begins with the player being sent to get a water chip, so that water can be purified and the Vault residents not die of thirst), for thou art a water poisoner.

#18 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

I think the entire Soviet campaign in YR is the most memorable part of RA2.

In RA1... the 2nd and 4th Allied missions, and also the one where you had to rescue Tanya, especially because back then when I was a kid, I found that mission quite difficult. The first interior mission of the Soviets is something I remember often too. Actually, I wish that MO had interior missions like that.

The first two GDI missions in C&C1 are definitely quite memorable as well. Also the Greece mission, because to me, it was always the first real difficult one. Back then when I was a kid, the NOD disc went missing, so I only played the GDI missions over and over, and as such, they are the most memorable to me. Recently, I played the NOD missions the first time, and I really dislike most of them, because they are focused on commando missions. I do like the first NOD mission in the expansion, played that a million times. It's almost like playing skirmish.

Most of the time, the most memorable missions to me are the ones I got stuck for the longest. Like the one mission in Tiberian Sun when you had to recapture that GDI base with 4 Hover MLRS. Man, I hated that one.

In RA3, I think the final Soviet mission in Uprising is something that's quite special, as I never seen such gimmick used in RTS games before.

Am I the only one who definitely wants interior missions for Mental Omega? 

#19 yunru the gundealer

yunru the gundealer
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  •  LET ME SELL YOU A GOOD GUN, EY?

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:20 AM

for ra2, the one mission were you play russia vs yuri's own soviet army for moscow, mostly because i got what i enjoy the most in C&C games, me sitting in one spot fighting off all attackers, then after a bit throwing a small team destroying what they have

in YR, really most of the soviet missions are good, i really enjoyed the moon and the one before it, also A3 for that game was fun

for MO, in 2.0 rage against the machine, i remember taking maybe 3-4 hours setting up a great base set-up then blowing up their nukes and going to freaking war with them for about 2 hours (i take forever with missions and i do not care :p) and in 3.0/3.3 well... i only beat one mission without some short of cheat, so puppet master

C&C tib wars, all of the last missions, just the feel they give off is nice, for GDI is had a feel of you have to do this, but you can use the easy way out (thus making a moral question of yes or no there), for NOD is was the same, but without the easy way out, you really did have to dig in and fight GDI off, and for the purplemctripodspam? i found it funny how you should just sell your starting outpost and armor up the tower

RA3, the last few soviet missions and rising sun 7 were great and enjoyable, though twinblade spam was a bit too good, ahh twinblades, the wolfhounds before they were a thing!

C&C 4, no.

oh yeah, and zero hour was alright basically the whole time  :mellowthumbsup:

#20 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:35 AM

Tiberian Sun GDI mission #1. Literally the first time ever I played on a PC.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users