Photo

State of The Mod

51 replies to this topic

#21 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Spoiler alert or not I have to ask. Is Dark Empire fully represented in one of the scenarios? By fully I mean with DE toys available for free construction by player or AI.

#22 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts
  •  Phoenix Rising QA Lead; Manual Editor

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

Oh my yes....., but you can't build any more. Once they die, they are gone for ever.

Edited by Ghostrider, 30 October 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#23 outerexodus

outerexodus
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

Will you be having any sort of "starter" campaign, such as starting with one or two planets and building from there? This has always been my favorite way to play campaigns, carefully planning my expansion from the start. 

#24 SpardaSon21

SpardaSon21

title available

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

I'd appreciate a similar campaign as well.

#25 johnchm.10

johnchm.10

ALL HUMANS ARE VERMIN IN THE EYES OF MORBO!

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

Oh my yes....., but you can't build any more. Once they die, they are gone for ever.

to be entirely fair and honest, the only units that I can recall that made it out of the DE era were the Pursuer Enforcement Ship, the E-wing, which isn't going to get pulled any time soon, and the Howlrunner, which was relegated to a minor role in the EU, for all intents and purposes.

TIE Droids just couldn't cut it, unless in large numbers, and the manufacturing savings were let down by the poor performance of the droid brains.

Shadow Droids inherently required someone with a strong connection to the Dark Side of the Force who knew what they were doing at some point in their construction. not a whole lot of those left after the events of DE.

the SD-series droids and X-1 Vipers were probably extremely expensive to build and sell.

the aquatic vehicles like the Wave Skimmer and Amphibion were specialty vehicles, and I don't think they could be used in any mod for this game

#26 Invadious

Invadious
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

Will you be having any sort of "starter" campaign, such as starting with one or two planets and building from there? This has always been my favorite way to play campaigns, carefully planning my expansion from the start. 

I too have been aching for a campaign such as this. I have very little memory of playing the vanilla game, but I do remember being addicted to those small campaigns where you start with very little and the max amount of planets wasn't that high. To be perfectly frank: I find managing a lot of planets simply too difficult; I want to micromanage everything but I just lose the overview at that point and end up having to sacrifice planets on purpose and start building out my army from a few closely centered planets and expand from there, but after conquering a few planets the game will usually crash or I have to save and loading big savegames is not EaW's strong suit.

Another reason for these small campaigns would be that the battles would be more tactic oriented rather than mass production, and one of the most addicting factors to every RTS game is to start with small and generic units and slowly start to build more advanced units and the battle getting bigger and bigger. PR would be the ultimate candidate for this kind of gameplay with the async tech tree and the vast unit variety.

Regards.

Edited by Invadious, 31 October 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#27 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:51 AM

Campaigns like those can certainly be fun, but I'm most excited for the historical scenario campaigns. Can't wait to play Road to Coruscant (if it's still in I hope?)

Any new/hints on any other new campaigns in that style? Also look forward to reading up on any new units. Sadly both are surely separate far off news posts!
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#28 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

Road to Coruscant is still in the mod and is probably the smallest campaign in terms of planets and galactic map. There are some fantastic skirmishes with the Rogues, while the heavy guns goe toe-to-toe in the Core.

The 18BBY Historical set probably gives you the best scope for a small "starter" campaign. The lag has gone and you can save and load games, so it's a great way to start small and build slowly.

And yes, there are new units in the mod - not just the esoteric random units, but some have made it into the tech trees for regular production. I'll have to leave these announcements for PR however (who has not been well recently, hence the slow down on the forums).

#29 Guest_Barry_*

Guest_Barry_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Might I ask, what about the lag?

#30 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

Sith Lord of Campaigns

• Project Team
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

THat's the point now. We got rid of that by redoing all the campaigns from scratch in smaller sections.

It's gone from most of the 18BBY historical sets, but Thrawn and the campaigns derived from Dark Empires are large and need decent hardware, and have low framerates.

Lag is pretty much gone there too though.

And you can save the campaigns, which was a bit random before hand.

#31 Kitkun

Kitkun

Hater

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

... for PR however (who has not been well recently, hence the slow down on the forums).

Being sick is bad for your health.

Frosty Freaky Foreign Forum Fox

<DevXen> Today I was at the store and saw a Darth Vader action figure that said "Choking Hazard." It was great.

#32 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

THat's the point now. We got rid of that by redoing all the campaigns from scratch in smaller sections.

It's gone from most of the 18BBY historical sets, but Thrawn and the campaigns derived from Dark Empires are large and need decent hardware, and have low framerates.

Lag is pretty much gone there too though.

And you can save the campaigns, which was a bit random before hand.

So for all campaigns except TC and DE P4 with 2 GB will do. For remaining two  Quad Xeon E7 & 512GB setup. Noted :evgr:

#33 skie9173

skie9173

Rebel (not so) High Command

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:22 PM

Sorry to hear about PR, Here's hoping He recovers soon.
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.

#34 Guest_Curt_*

Guest_Curt_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

Not to be "that guy" or anything, but is there an expected release date or can you give us the alpha version? I'm excited to see this project come back to the forefront.

#35 P.O._210877

P.O._210877

Traveller in the Balance

• Project Team
  • 796 posts
  • Location:L'Épiphanie, Québec (Fédération canadienne du Royaume du Canada)
  • Projects:Phoenix Rising
  •  Tester/Translator/Resident SW Loremaster (self proclaimed)

Posted 09 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

Well, I hate to be "that guy", too...

No and no.

Release dates are a loaded gun (always pointing at the head of the dev team) and releasing any alpha or beta builds is something that we just don't do. 

If it's hard then it's worth doing.

- Alcor, Alcor pardonne-moi mais je ne veux pas que tu meurs. Je ne veux
pas que la planète bleue soit mise à feu et à sang par ces monstres. Je
me battrai pour les empêcher de détruire ce qui est devenue ma Terre.
Goldorak m'aidera. Au besoin, j'irai jusqu'au camp de la Lune Noire
puisque c'est là que Véga et ses monstres ont établi leur base. Et je la
détruirai.

Actarus

#36 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Good news about the mod of Phoenix Rising.

But I have downloaded the mod version 1.2 and when I try to open this file, I become a message of Windows 7 that it can't open this file. The name of this file is: 2[1].

I download it from this website: http://www.moddb.com...enix-rising-v12

And the name of this filename is: pr_v1.2.exe.

So I thought that this is not a problem when you download it. When it is downloading, it has a different filename like 2[1].

Is there something wrong with this file? Or is there another way to open this file 2[1]? Why isn't a zip file?

Or s it better to wait for the new version 1.3 of this mod Phoenix Rising?

And the problem is that I can't install the mod.

I bought the game Star Wars: Empire at War gold pack at Steam and also include The force of Corruption. And how install this mod in Steam?

Regards,

Master Sayo

Notice: OS: Windows 7, 64 bit version.

#37 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

In dec. comes out the new movie of Star Wars: the force awakens. Have the Phoenix Rising Team new ideas for this mod in the future?

Like a new campaign or a new enemy like "the first order" in the new Star Wars movie. Perhaps not so bad idea for this mod, don't you think so, Phoenix Rising team.   :thumbsuphappy:

Regards,

Master Sayo

#38 Aizen Teppa

Aizen Teppa
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:11 AM

Here is link to a copy of 1.2 on File Dropper. It's stored original .exe so you should avoid corrupted executable after download. (Note to the team: please upload archive zip/rar not executable for 1.3)

http://www.filedropper.com/swfocprv12

#39 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

Thanks Aizen Teppa,

For the information about the download for this mod. :smile2ap:

Regards,

Master Sayo

May the force be with you! :thumbsuphappy:

#40 Master Sayo

Master Sayo
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

Aizen Teppa,

Everything goes well. I downloaded the mod and it is a zip file. And installed the mod Phoenix Rising and also the patch. I started in Steam and..?? :whathuh:
Yes, the mod Phoenix Rising is loading and I can play this great mod Phoenix Rising in Steam!! :w00t:
When I have playing everything works fine and no problems. :smile2ap:

Regards,

Master Sayo

May the force be with you!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users