Hi guys, I just got BfME again and unfortunately yes, I am running Windows 10..
The game doesn't start and you just get a frozen screen. But fear not! For there is a cure...
I thought some people might like this for IF they use Windows 10 but have trouble running the game in the absence of knowing how to make it compatible.
It's quite simple:
- Go Users - (User name) - AppData - Roaming - My Battle for Middle-Earth *II* files
- Right-click - New - Text Document
- Name it options.ini MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAVE .txt AT THE END (to double-check go to the view options at the top of the Window and ensure that File Name Extensions is checked)
- Copy and paste this in:
AudioLOD = HighFlashTutorial = 0 HasSeenLogoMovies = yes IdealStaticGameLOD = High Resolution = 1024 768 StaticGameLOD = High TimesInGame = 6
5. Close and Save
Your game should run now, but please make sure you run it as Administrator and in Compatibility with Windows XP service pack 2:
- Find the shortcut
- Right-click - Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Open the drop box and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Check the box next to Run this program as an administrator
- Apply / Ok
Edited by Unknown, 03 November 2015 - 11:16 PM.