• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Elrond Of Rivendell

Lord Elrond Of Rivendell
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Projects:Legends Of The West

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

I've been working on a simple modification for the past two weeks, a side project. It's not nearly as good as the the majority of stuff you will find on here, it is catered to those who would like a little extra out of the game.

This modification adds a batch of new heroes to the Men Of The West Faction (Maybe I can work with the other factions later on, if this goes further.) as well as editing some of their display names and descriptions to tidy it up a bit, giving it a more authentic feel. I've also taken a gander at powers allocated to heroes, and I'm still currently trying to work out what sort of powers to add, because some of the heroes were never fully incoprorated into the game, thus lacking in a number of areas.

My main goal for this modification is just to incorporate some aspects I thought were lacking in the faction. There is no set timeline, hence the 'Legends Of The West' title.

These are what recruitment options are available from the fortress. (Please note that one or two heroes are not present in the wheel, but do become available once others have been purchased.)

VZVsVjY.png

This is an example of me redefining a text, it is purely for cosmetic effect but I think it looks and feel a lot nicer. Before this, Elronds title was simply ''Elrond'', but I have changed it to ''Lord Elrond''. I've also tweaked certain descriptions too.

B5JZcVa.png

These are all recruitable heroes from the fortress.

LG8d78u.png

This is a list of the heroes I've chosen so far. Their rebranded names within the modification are in brackets, along with some new powers I've added.

Default Heroes:

- Theoden ( King Theoden )

- Eomer ( Lord Eomer )

- Eowyn ( Lady Eowyn )

- Aragorn ( Aragorn II )

- Boromir ( Captain Boromir )

- Faramir ( Captain Faramir )

- Gandalf ( Gandalf The White)

Added Heroes:

- Argeleb ( King Argeleb )

- Arveleg ( King Arveleg )

- Arvedui ( King Arvedui )

- Carthaen ( Captain Carthaen)

- Elrond ( Lord Elrond )

- Earnur ( King Earnur )

I've also added an Arnor builder to the faction.

I would like some feedback, any suggestions for new heroes, powers etc. If you have any queries, I would be happy to answer. I'm still working on this, so anything could be possible.

Attached Files

Edited by Lord Elrond Of Rivendell, 06 November 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:34 AM

You should use an Image Upload site like Imgur to upload pictures and then you cam embed them on the forum using [img] tags. Most people find it annoying to have to download bmp images just to see what you're working on.

As far as your mod plan goes, I think it's great! Many mods have a large focus and add/change a vast amount of things. But few mods keep it simple and just expand the hero rosters. Keep it up! It's certainly a good thing to have a mod like this.

Edited by Kwen, 06 November 2015 - 01:34 AM.
typo

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 Lord Elrond Of Rivendell

Lord Elrond Of Rivendell
  • New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Projects:Legends Of The West

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Fixed. My apologies for any inconvenience, I was quite flustered creating this thread so late at night. Thank you for your feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users