Photo

Create a hero for new factions

create hero new faction

Best Answer Titan Cronus, 15 November 2015 - 08:14 PM

Hey man.

Unfortunately (as far as I know), you can't add heroes to the CAH files because there are hardcoded but that doesn't mean you can't use your CAH heroes with your new factions.

To use your CAH heroes: When setting up your battle, select the "Hero" drop down menu. Click once on any of the greyed out Heroes and press the first letter of your Hero's name on the keyboard. (If you have several Heroes with names beginning with the same letter, you just repeat the process and it will cycle through the heroes in alphabetical order.)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel R. Kinsey

Samuel R. Kinsey
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:05 PM

I've added some new factions to my mod, but I can't select a create a hero in the game setup for those factions. I've found the place in the create a hero files where it lists which factions they are available to, but when I tried adding my new faction's names to the list the game didn't recognize them and errored. Anyone know how to make this wok?

#2 Titan Cronus

Titan Cronus

Do unto Others...

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of the Pelennor Fields Mod.

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:14 PM   Best Answer

Hey man.

Unfortunately (as far as I know), you can't add heroes to the CAH files because there are hardcoded but that doesn't mean you can't use your CAH heroes with your new factions.

To use your CAH heroes: When setting up your battle, select the "Hero" drop down menu. Click once on any of the greyed out Heroes and press the first letter of your Hero's name on the keyboard. (If you have several Heroes with names beginning with the same letter, you just repeat the process and it will cycle through the heroes in alphabetical order.)

Battle of the Pelennor Fields

Made by 1 guy, has 13 Factions, 75+ Heroes, 150+ different units and 200+ Special abilities.

http://www.moddb.com...pelennor-fields

#3 Samuel R. Kinsey

Samuel R. Kinsey
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

That's cool, you can use that to use evil heroes with good factions or vise versa too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users