#1 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  • Projects:An Unexpected Mod
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

So it's been a while since I've been on Revora (probably only like 2 months). But anyway I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about or even better has ever tried setting up an external GPU for their laptop?

I'm thinking of doing it but after looking around I'm still pretty confused and kind of worried about buying all the stuff and it doesn't actually work on my PC.

(I'll be working on an Acer Aspire E1-571 in case anyone cares) 

Basically if you've got any tips or considerations of any form on the subject at all I'd be very happy to hear them.  :)

#2 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:04 AM

I have never worked on them personally but I would check out youtube tutorials first to see how well they actually work. Then after feeling confident in my ability to do it, that is when I would make the purchases.

#3 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

I have never worked on them personally but I would check out youtube tutorials first to see how well they actually work. Then after feeling confident in my ability to do it, that is when I would make the purchases.

Yeah, that's probably best although looking at the prices of some of the kit I could just be better off just selling my laptop to custom build a new PC and get the graphics quality that way.

It also looks like a bit of a stab in the dark because basically there's no guarantee any of its going to work with your particular model of laptop until its all set-up and plugged in.  :sad:

#4 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

This seems to work well: http://www.pcworld.c...phics-card.html

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#5 Lenwë

Lenwë

title available

• Project Team
  • 260 posts
  •  Nothing... Really

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:36 PM

This seems to work well: http://www.pcworld.c...phics-card.html

Thank you Beowulf this is actually a great article but I've changed my mind and decided to just dive in and build a new pc instead.  :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users