Photo

How to make AI use building foundations?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Falkvard

Falkvard
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:00 PM

Hi, I'm sorry if this topic was already discussed here, but the search engine on this forum didn't help me, nor did Google.

Let's say I'm making a mp map were Isengard players besiege Helm's Deep controlled by AI. Now, I place some building foundations and I want the AI to use them as if they were in a round castle or camp (you know what i mean).

If I just set the foundation team to "PlyrCivilian/Plyr_1_Inherit", the AI doesn't even notice the foundation and doesn't build on it even when it is scripted to build on it.

If I create a Base (the pink piramid) and then set the foundation to be in that base, the AI uses the foundation, it disappears but no structure is built. (same when scripted to build something particular, because the script doesn't work)

If I set the foundation team to "Plyr_1/teamPlyr_1", the script suddenly works and the Ai builds the desired building.

If the building is destroyed, however, Ai uses the foundation again but it again disappears with nothing on it. (script is no longer active)

If I then remove the foundation from the base - then when the building is destroyed, the foundation is not again used by the Ai, which gives space for a repetition of the previous script.

So, my question is: How do I make the AI build anything it wants on a foundation without having it disappear? And secondly, is there a way to use building scripts with having the foundation's team "PlyrCivilian/Plyr_1_Inherit"? Or does changing the team affect something else?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users