The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

Originally posted on ModDB by dcesarec on Dec 7th, 2015

banner1.jpg

Dear Contra players,
with small delay, we are bringing you first 009 release. As already known, our team which consists from 3 people (d-ceThePredatorBG, and our tester Persun) was working on 009 beta for about a year. 

But real life took from us even more time which we would dedicate to this project. So many plans and ideas are still not implemented in 009 release. However, many new things are inserted, many things are improved and fixed. You can read a detailed changelog here: http://www.moddb.com...logs-part-16-17

We encourage you to download this version, which is better than 008 Final in many aspects. Play it with friends, and play it with us.

94400.png

Join us either on Hamachi in this network: generalsgentlemen (Pass: generalsgentlemen); keep in mind, players on this network play all kind of ZH mods. 
Or you can join us in Tunngle, in Contra 009 room. We are looking forward to playing some online games.

Also, please support us by voting for us. No matter of winning something or not, it means a lot for us by knowing that people are still liking this project.

moty-125.png

Installation video tutorial (more info can be found in video description on YouTube):

Edited by predator_bg, 11 December 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#2 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

First,Outstanding work guys and thanks for bringing us that awesome Generals' mod for free.
Second,can we give you some suggestions for the next release ?

#3 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

First,Outstanding work guys and thanks for bringing us that awesome Generals' mod for free.
Second,can we give you some suggestions for the next release ?

Thanks. You can write your suggestions here.

#4 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:00 AM

Toxowagon Sneak Peek - http://www.moddb.com...k-peek#imagebox

#5 ShinyRukii

ShinyRukii
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:34 AM

Still totally enjoy playing Zero:Hour Contra and checking the Contra Site like every week to see new sneak peaks and content. I have to say you guys do an outstanding work with this and so much dedication even after years! Contra is the project that keeps C&C games for me alive and I am really looking forward to the full release of 009 some day! Thanks for the hard work - Contra is super enjoyable to play - alone and with friends. I wish you all the best in the future and keep up with this work.I hope there are many people who still enjoy this project, because it is what we need for C&C.

#6 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

One question: In challenge mode, flame general have a map ?

Tks in advance

Very nice mod !!!!!!

#7 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

One question: In challenge mode, flame general have a map ?

Tks in advance

Very nice mod !!!!!!

Not yet, but it will be made.

#8 Legion2012

Legion2012
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:06 AM

Besides the new units that look awesome and some new buildings, why none of US Generals have Spectre Gunship model as power ?

#9 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:12 AM

Besides the new units that look awesome and some new buildings, why none of US Generals have Spectre Gunship model as power ?

Spectre Gunship has a bug. When a Spectre is spawned in the game, all players automatically have it selected. As far as I know, it is hard-coded and not fixable. But Creator removed it mainly for balance reasons. He wanted to reduce the amount of attack special powers.

Edited by predator_bg, 24 December 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#10 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hey guys, about bugs reporting I have some bugs to tell you about in 009 beta:
1. A veterancy indicator appears permanently in the down left corner on the Dark Night map.
2. When the Drone Controller get destroyed it turns new before exploding.
3. A bugs with selecting and attacking the demolition rebel which is very annoying when he is moving !
4. The Luna can't damage the building mech (cyber's construction dozer).
5. Seraph can't enter the Nemesis.
6. After purchasing the High explosive bomb upgrade, the new bomb trucks don't get graphically affected.
7. Sabatours don't have the disable button.

#11 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

Hey guys, about bugs reporting I have some bugs to tell you about in 009 beta:
1. A veterancy indicator appears permanently in the down left corner on the Dark Night map.
2. When the Drone Controller get destroyed it turns new before exploding.
3. A bugs with selecting and attacking the demolition rebel which is very annoying when he is moving !
4. The Luna can't damage the building mech (cyber's construction dozer).
5. Seraph can't enter the Nemesis.
6. After purchasing the High explosive bomb upgrade, the new bomb trucks don't get graphically affected.
7. Sabatours don't have the disable button.

1. Is it animated? I am pretty sure you can see this on every map. But I don't know the cause. I always thought it's a hard-coded glitch from Generals.

2. We know about it.

3. I will ask our modeller to do something. It has to do with infantry bones. Demo Rebel uses the bones of one person type from the Angry Mob, thus all the problems.

4. We'll check this.

5. It is intended. The description is wrong.

6. A known problem. It does happen sometimes. The reason is unknown.

7. Which disable button? There must be two buttons - one for sabotaging buildings and one for his suicide disabling ability.

#12 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

About num.7, yes the suicide disabling ability, I didn't see it in the demo sabatour and the stealth one perhaps.
8. Advantages, Chernobyl and Europe Raptor maps are unopenable cuz of the sudden error.
9.when AI plays as tanks general, HOW THE HELL CAN HE USE "CARPET BOMBING" GENERALS POWER WHICH HE CURRENTLY DON'T HAVE ??!!!!

In addition, I have logical suggestions that in my opinion should be considered:
1.You said that Guan Yu is the most devistative unit in the game(try Guan Yu vs Qaraqurt), this is wrong with it's current rate-of-fire, it's rate-of-fire should be higher as well cuz it has (((12))) BARRELED GUNS !!!
2.Laser General's super weapon is soo bad as it is laser general !! It must be stronger as well or something else.
3.Why we can't play as boss generals?,why don't you add them to the list of armies ?! I see that with some work they are ready to be played as.
4.Hadron Collider's blast radius must be wider and the circle should moves faster.

Edited by B.kano, 28 December 2015 - 11:43 AM.

#13 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

About num.7, yes the suicide disabling ability, I didn't see it in the demo sabatour and the stealth one perhaps.

You probably saw it on Saboteur Biker. He does not have this ability.

8. Advantages, Chernobyl and Europe Raptor maps are unopenable cuz of the sudden error.

That was already reported to me. The maps were deleted, but their code was still left in MapCache.ini, meaning you're trying to open something that doesn't exist, which leads to a game crash.

9.when AI plays as tanks general, HOW THE HELL CAN HE USE "CARPET BOMBING" GENERALS POWER WHICH HE CURRENTLY DON'T HAVE ??!!!!

Very good observation. It will be fixed.

1.You said that Guan Yu is the most devistative unit in the game(try Guan Yu vs Qaraqurt), this is wrong with it's current rate-of-fire, it's rate-of-fire should be higher as well cuz it has (((12))) BARRELED GUNS !!!

Guan Yu was nerfed a bit too much in 009 Beta. His healing rate was reduced and there was no way he could heal himself. We'll fix him.

2.Laser General's super weapon is soo bad as it is laser general !! It must be stronger as well or something else.

You have a point. We will discuss and test this.

3.Why we can't play as boss generals?,why don't you add them to the list of armies ?! I see that with some work they are ready to be played as.

Bosses were meant for Challenge mode from the beginning. You will still be able to play as them:

- In Challenge mode vs. the Boss generals by capturing a neutral dozer somewhere on the map.

- On some Skirmish/Multiplayer maps (neutral units and buildings, capturable on the map).

Adjusting Boss generals to a playable state for Skirmish will negate their concept and power in Challenge.

4.Hadron Collider's blast radius must be wider and the circle should moves faster.

Is this change needed? Hadron Collider is very devastating for an investment of $5000. Increasing blast radius is a balance risk, because there are very small maps. We even had times where the Hadron Collider destroyed half of the owner's base. I doubt you will succeed building one inside someone's base and holding it for 5 minutes in order to save yourself from its blast radius. Who would want to destroy most of the map and end the game in 10 minutes? Hadron Collider must be used as a surprise weapon near enemy bases where enemies don't check and it does its job well enough. Whether you will make use of Hadron Collider depends on the map, luck and skill of both players.

Edited by predator_bg, 28 December 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#14 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

Okay I see, and thanks for your time reading and replying my posts, but I'd like to know your opinion about my previous suggestions http://forums.revora...stions/page-195

#15 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

Okay I see, and thanks for your time reading and replying my posts, but I'd like to know your opinion about my previous suggestions http://forums.revora...stions/page-195

They have not been brought to discussion yet. But Air Force will be tested vs. Tank general for sure. As Air Force, try to mix ground and air units and build Security Systems on your buildings. If possible, build an Eye with Pave Lows inside your base to provide constant fire from inside. Defending shouldn't be that hard if you don't let your enemy build heaps of heavy tanks and spread around the map. Always play aggressive in the beginning and cripple his supply sources to gain advantage. F-35 may get some buff. It was noticed that it is struggling vs. rank 3 units.

#16 Milance

Milance
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:30 AM

Hi guys, first I want to say that this is the best mode that you have made so far, so thank you very much for the best game ever and I wish you all happy new year!

I noticed only one strange bug in Contra 009 beta with laser general AI (PC bot), his movement is very strange (slow) and he doesn't attack but he is developing normally.

Please fix this in next version. What can be the problem, some errors in AI script, or what?

When we can expect next release?

I had a lot of fun with my friends with this mode, so I really appreciate your hard work.

Thank you forward and I wish you all the best! Keep up good work!  <:)  :thumbsupcool:

#17 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

Hi guys, first I want to say that this is the best mode that you have made so far, so thank you very much for the best game ever and I wish you all happy new year!

I noticed only one strange bug in Contra 009 beta with laser general AI (PC bot), his movement is very strange (slow) and he doesn't attack but he is developing normally.

Please fix this in next version. What can be the problem, some errors in AI script, or what?

When we can expect next release?

I had a lot of fun with my friends with this mode, so I really appreciate your hard work.

Thank you forward and I wish you all the best! Keep up good work!  <:)  :thumbsupcool:

Happy New Year! I will try to fix some problems with the AI, including Laser general. There is no date for the next release.

#18 Milance

Milance
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

Thank you very much and one more thing, bug with nuclear general in challenge mode isn't fixed, picture is still frozen at the beginning.

Everything else is great.

#19 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

Thank you very much and one more thing, bug with nuclear general in challenge mode isn't fixed, picture is still frozen at the beginning.

Everything else is great.

True. Some people already reported it on ModDB. It still happens randomly. When testing my changes before the release, the bug did not occur. And so, I thought I fixed it... But it's okay. I will either change intro ending condition scripts or make a new intro from scratch.

Edited by predator_bg, 03 January 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#20 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

Guys I have some ideas for improving AFG:
•A-10 Thunder Bolt general's power should be replaced with the specter gunship.
•In the other hand A-10 Thunder Bolt should be build able and controllable also available at rank 4 and with a limited number at 2100$ with it's current weapons and health.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users