• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

Yes, had success with Contra 008, was running it perfectly, then I downloaded and copy pasted all the files of 009 beta onto the Zero Hour directory. 

Restarted Windows, ran as administrator, everything.

Should I reinstall the mod? if so, then should I only copy paste 009 beta files or also 008's files aswell?

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#42 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

thanks Predator, also i want to know, why my contra crashes when i selecte air force general in challenge mode

If you are talking about the crash that occurs occasionally after some minutes of gameplay against Granger, yes, we know about it, but we can't find the cause.

Maybe it's a unit that Granger trains? the model must be bugged or something? or a object doesn't spawn correctly? 

Nothing suspicious was found so far, but I will experiment more.

No, I mean when I select USA Airforce general in challenge mode, after loading screen game crashes

#43 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 21 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

Yes, had success with Contra 008, was running it perfectly, then I downloaded and copy pasted all the files of 009 beta onto the Zero Hour directory. 

Restarted Windows, ran as administrator, everything.

Should I reinstall the mod? if so, then should I only copy paste 009 beta files or also 008's files aswell?

Yes, try reinstalling. It would be better if you reinstall Zero Hour too. 009 Beta is standalone. You don't need 008 to play it.

No, I mean when I select USA Airforce general in challenge mode, after loading screen game crashes

That's really weird. You are the first person to post about this error. Doing the steps below might help me identify the cause of the error.

1. Go to Challenge mode and select Air Force general again. Let the game crash.
2. Go to "C:\Users\*Username*\My Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data"
3. Open ReleaseCrashInfo.txt and copy/paste all the text here.

Edited by predator_bg, 21 February 2016 - 07:06 PM.

#44 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Release Crash at Mon Feb 22 20:46:34 2016
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401700
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000038 was read from.

Stack Dump:
  <Unknown>(-1) : <Unknown> 0x005F7659

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:005F7659    Esp:0012F660    Ebp:00000038
Eax:0012F688    Ebx:0012F6CC    Ecx:00000038
Edx:0012F6CC    Esi:00000038    Edi:00000001
EFlags:00010216
CS:001b  SS:0023  DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003b  GS:0000
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (005F7659)  : 8B 55 00 56 57 8B 7A 04 85 FF 89 54 24 10 74 57 8B 03 85 C0 8D 70 04 75 05 BE 68 97 93 00 8D 4F

Current stack:

#45 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

Ah... Just reinstalled both and now it launches but as soon as the " thumbnail " shows up, it gives that " technical error " which says your hardware is overheated, etc...

Any ways to fix that m8?

Keep in mind, I reinstalled Zero hour and I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#46 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

Last error:
WinMain at 401700
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Stack Dump:

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:005F7659    Esp:0012F660    Ebp:00000038
Eax:0012F688    Ebx:0012F6CC    Ecx:00000038
Edx:0012F6CC    Esi:00000038    Edi:00000001
CS:001b  SS:0023  DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003b  GS:0000
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (005F7659)  : 8B 55 00 56 57 8B 7A 04 85 FF 89 54 24 10 74 57 8B 03 85 C0 8D 70 04 75 05 BE 68 97 93 00 8D 4F

Current stack:

Sadly, this does not point to any error with INI files, which leads me thinking about one more thing only. Do you have a "Data\INI" or a "Maps" folder within your main ZH directory by any chance?

Ah... Just reinstalled both and now it launches but as soon as the " thumbnail " shows up, it gives that " technical error " which says your hardware is overheated, etc...

Any ways to fix that m8?

Keep in mind, I reinstalled Zero hour and I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I think this is the solution to your problem: http://forums.cncnz....-windows-7-x64/

#47 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Last error:
WinMain at 401700

Stack Dump:

Details:
Register dump...
Eip:005F7659    Esp:0012F660    Ebp:00000038
Eax:0012F688    Ebx:0012F6CC    Ecx:00000038
Edx:0012F6CC    Esi:00000038    Edi:00000001
CS:001b  SS:0023  DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:003b  GS:0000
EIP bytes dump...

Bytes at CS:EIP (005F7659)  : 8B 55 00 56 57 8B 7A 04 85 FF 89 54 24 10 74 57 8B 03 85 C0 8D 70 04 75 05 BE 68 97 93 00 8D 4F

Current stack:

Sadly, this does not point to any error with INI files, which leads me thinking about one more thing only. Do you have a "Data\INI" or a "Maps" folder within your main ZH directory by any chance?

Really, i had maps folder and deleted, now its starts, thank you

#48 Rustikus

Rustikus
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

Also, i wanna ask, is there any live site like old redsys site about contra, i have read a lot of forums on russian in redsys site, but its so old

#49 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Also, i wanna ask, is there any live site like old redsys site about contra, i have read a lot of forums on russian in redsys site, but its so old

Here's what I could find:

http://www.generals-...hp?showforum=20

https://www.google.b...generals contra

#50 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

Update: I'm so sorry Predator, my deepest apologies go to you.

I found out that my little brother has been deleting Contra files because he thinks it affects his vanilla Zero hour and in turn, Contra never worked, I can make him apologize to you, so sorry for wasting your time for something you never caused.

Edited by TheWankBank, 24 February 2016 - 04:18 PM.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#51 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

Heyy

• I think that "GLA training" general's power is useless or it doesn't deserve the 5th rank general's power,, unless if it give the units the heroic veterancy.

• I couldn't find any role to give for the "crop duster" can you give me one please ?!, because it's armor and the circle it makes when attacking makes it useless.

• And it'll be good if you add some transportation vehicles for Assault general that can pass through water.
Even some planes for him would be great :)

• What happened to my suggestions here, did you discuss them ?
http://forums.revora...stions/page-195
Review only numbers 2,3,4 of them and number 2 is the most important ! :D

Thanks for reading
B.K

#52 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:20 AM

The GLA training deserves fifth rank, since almost every single unit starts as a veteran, making them heroic will ruin the balance of the game, however, it could be rank 4 mate.

I think if you're referring to Dr.Thrax's crop duster, build them in mass, since they are fairly cheap, use it against tanks and infantry, remember, they will not be effective against buildings unless you have like 25 of them.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#53 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

Ya, maybe it could be overpowered but making it at rank 3 or 4 would be better I guess.

you're talking like I'm facing a beginner enemy which don't bring any AA vehicles in his attacks, I think that one AA vehicle is enough to take out nearly 10 of them long before they can destroy it ! Thus you spend 6000$ for doing only some damage.

#54 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Don't send them alone, they are great infantry and vehicle killers, but need Anti-air support, so send quad cannons and scorpions, never mindlessly rush.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#55 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Don't send them alone, they are great infantry and vehicle killers, but need Anti-air support, so send aladinsand scorpions, never mindlessly rush.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#56 Oleg Nikulin

Oleg Nikulin
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

To balance it better/like real world. Make only infantry enter buildings, can only attack ground, buildings can only be destroyed with aircraft, buildings can not be cleared with infantry. This will make cities dangerous like in real life. Make stealth general have stealth even when attacking, and you need detectors to see them, all other gla make automatic stealth when not attacking. This will balance their overall land and air weakness. Also make demo have a unit that auto places demo traps as it moves around. Make gla explosives more powerful, to balance out weak armor, but an exploding player 1's vehicle /trap wont cause damage to surrounding player 1's units. Also for air force, I like the buttons where you can auto select all of one type of airplane, but separate it, so that each button auto selects 3/4/5 planes, so you can get them tasked faster. Can you incorporate some of the units/things from Bengs mod?

#57 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

To balance it better/like real world. Make only infantry enter buildings, can only attack ground, buildings can only be destroyed with aircraft, buildings can not be cleared with infantry. This will make cities dangerous like in real life. Make stealth general have stealth even when attacking, and you need detectors to see them, all other gla make automatic stealth when not attacking. This will balance their overall land and air weakness. Also make demo have a unit that auto places demo traps as it moves around. Make gla explosives more powerful, to balance out weak armor, but an exploding player 1's vehicle /trap wont cause damage to surrounding player 1's units. Also for air force, I like the buttons where you can auto select all of one type of airplane, but separate it, so that each button auto selects 3/4/5 planes, so you can get them tasked faster. Can you incorporate some of the units/things from Bengs mod?

Highly disagree on the part about Kassad's forces being stealthed even when attacking, hell no. Kassad has great infantry, use those most of the times, don't relay on tanks too much.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#58 B.kano

B.kano
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

Actually G.Kassad already have units which stays invisible while attacking ex. Gun Buggy, Assassins, Jerman Kell and Hazael that can take out a whole base without being hit.

I suggest that if "crop duster" drop small toxic and acid bombs would be much better than spraying.

#59 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

Actually G.Kassad already have units which stays invisible while attacking ex. Gun Buggy, Assassins, Jerman Kell and Hazael that can take out a whole base without being hit.

I suggest that if "crop duster" drop small toxic and acid bombs would be much better than spraying.

Yes, a few of the ones that are useful are meant to be stealthed. The other ones should not.

Gun Buggy = Scouting early game [ Stealth is very very useful. ]

Assassins = Just like pathfinders.

Jerman Kell = Hero unit, everyone who has even played vanilla zero hour knows how to counter him.

Hazel = It's the Epic Unit of the " Stealth " general, of course it's going to stay stealthed by having such a high cost.

Yes, it's possible to do that with the crop duster and increase the price a little bit.

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

#60 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:28 PM

Update: I'm so sorry Predator, my deepest apologies go to you.

I found out that my little brother has been deleting Contra files because he thinks it affects his vanilla Zero hour and in turn, Contra never worked, I can make him apologize to you, so sorry for wasting your time for something you never caused.

It's okay. I have one more solution in mind now: telling people to make sure their little brother is not messing with the files. Never thought of that.  :D

Heyy

• I think that "GLA training" general's power is useless or it doesn't deserve the 5th rank general's power,, unless if it give the units the heroic veterancy.

• I couldn't find any role to give for the "crop duster" can you give me one please ?!, because it's armor and the circle it makes when attacking makes it useless.

• And it'll be good if you add some transportation vehicles for Assault general that can pass through water.
Even some planes for him would be great :)

• What happened to my suggestions here, did you discuss them ?
http://forums.revora...stions/page-195
Review only numbers 2,3,4 of them and number 2 is the most important ! :D

Thanks for reading
B.K

We have yet to decide which changes are good. We'll buff Black Lotus' charges somehow.

I don't agree with most of your suggestions. They are either too realistic, or too game-changing for Contra. Demo general has Amphibious Transport which deploys AT mines. It is not possible to make buttons select only a specific number of aircraft. Beng's mod is one of my favorites. We have had the idea to make heroes swim for a long time. It is implemented very well there. Hopefully, we'll make some progress on that soon.

Edited by predator_bg, 29 February 2016 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users