Photo

[Zero Hour] Connection to Zero Hour disconnected - Phil?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hi Guys,

i cant connect to the online lobby from C&C Generals Zero Hour. I press login -> i can see the lobby for one second, then the error comes up. "Connection to Zero Hour lost"

C&C Generals Zero Hour (german) Standalone CD Version

Patch 1.04

Windows 7 64bit

GenTool (up to date)

No Portforwarding set. It tried to open UDP 16000 but it doesn't solve the issue.

I have no further ideas. Does anyone have a hint for me?

Regards

Manu

#2 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:47 AM

Is there no admin from cnc-online who could help me? :(

Do you need any further information to look for in your server logs?

Ingame-Username: xMaNuu

Edited by xMaNuu, 27 December 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#3 Tarkom

Tarkom
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Did you tried this?

. Your game key was not correctly copied into your Windows Registry. Uninstall the game and run the installer as Administrator and in Windows XP compatibility to the point where you enter your serial key. Enter the key and click Next once. Open Windows Registry (WINKEY+R, regedit) and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ergc. Modify the string value containing your serial key by adding the minus between the number sections. Finish the installation.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hi Guys,

i cant connect to the online lobby from C&C Generals Zero Hour. I press login -> i can see the lobby for one second, then the error comes up. "Connection to Zero Hour lost"

Patch 1.04

Windows 7 64bit

GenTool (up to date)

No Portforwarding set. It tried to open UDP 16000 but it doesn't solve the issue.

Regards

Manu

Before you do anything tricky with your game, did you try running the game "As administrator" (right click or shift right click the game shortcut to do that)?       Not doing so is know to cause that symptom.      You should be running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode too (if you are not already doing that).

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:21 AM

Hi Guys,

thanks for your reply. I run C&C as admin and in compatiblity mode (Win XP SP3), otherwise it would not start.

There's only an issue with connecting to cnc-online servers i think :/

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

When did you last try to log in? Please could you make an attempt and then post immediately so I can find the attempt in the log (otherwise I will be there all day trying to find it).

I have to say though (to avoid disappointment) that if you are getting online before you get disconnected, it is probably an issue with the quality of your connection rather than anything else, so the amount that we can help you would be limited. I will have a look nonetheless.

On the off chance, can you go to Options on the main menu and check that your OnlineIP is an address on the network that you use to connect to the internet (it should start with 192.168. or 10.) It should not start with 25.

#7 Tarkom

Tarkom
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hi Guys,

Patch 1.04

Windows 7 64bit

GenTool (up to date)

Regards

Manu

Before you do anything tricky with your game, did you try running the game "As administrator" (right click or shift right click the game shortcut to do that)?       Not doing so is know to cause that symptom.      You should be running in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode too (if you are not already doing that).

You're realy funny. I've wrote him what EA do suggest since years, and you dussude from it, but me you advise to it. -Weird.

@xMaNuu: Just try it out. You can undo it by the same way.

If you wanna play extra save, you can do a backup of the registry before, or create a system-restore-point in Windows.

And by the way:Threre's no need to reinstall the game before as revora has written.

#8 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:22 PM

When did you last try to log in? Please could you make an attempt and then post immediately so I can find the attempt in the log (otherwise I will be there all day trying to find it).

I have to say though (to avoid disappointment) that if you are getting online before you get disconnected, it is probably an issue with the quality of your connection rather than anything else, so the amount that we can help you would be limited. I will have a look nonetheless.

On the off chance, can you go to Options on the main menu and check that your OnlineIP is an address on the network that you use to connect to the internet (it should start with 192.168. or 10.) It should not start with 25.

Hi ToxicShock,

i tried to login into the online lobby at timestamp 29-10-2015 00:17 (UTC +1)

Username: xMaNuu

The strange point is, if i try to login, i can see the first tables...(ladders and so on), but in the same second i get disconnected from the lobby. My internet connection is all fine. And the ip adress in the options menu is also right. It's the local ip adress 192.168.x.x

It would be interesting to know what you can see in the server-logs.

Regards

Manu

#9 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

Did you tried this?

. Your game key was not correctly copied into your Windows Registry. Uninstall the game and run the installer as Administrator and in Windows XP compatibility to the point where you enter your serial key. Enter the key and click Next once. Open Windows Registry (WINKEY+R, regedit) and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\ergc. Modify the string value containing your serial key by adding the minus between the number sections. Finish the installation.

Which issue should this fix exactly?

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

I've found the log in attempt in the Server log.    It's not a connection issue at all.    It looks like an illegal character is being sent somewhere during the last part of the log in to peer chat.    We've come across this error before and I am struggling to remember the cause or how it was resolved.     I expect that your game client is sending an unexpected character.    Can you tell me what language version of Zero Hour you are using?

#11 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

I've found the log in attempt in the Server log.    It's not a connection issue at all.    It looks like an illegal character is being sent somewhere during the last part of the log in to peer chat.    We've come across this error before and I am struggling to remember the cause or how it was resolved.     I expect that your game client is sending an unexpected character.    Can you tell me what language version of Zero Hour you are using?

Sure, its "german"

which character in detail do you mean? From which parameter?

#12 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

I don't know, it could be a unique identifier which is generated by the game, but that looks fine too. I just logged in with your credentials without any difficulty (I will delete the nick name I created when we've fixed this). You could try to change your password and nick name to one comprising only numbers to see if that helps.

I've asked Phil to look at this (he wrote the code), failing which I will try to have a look at that myself.

#13 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

Sounds like that needs fixing on server then.

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#14 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:57 AM

@ToxicShock

You mean i should try to change my credentials for logging in into cnc-online? Or do u investigate more now and try to fix the issue?

EDIT:

I have installed Zero Hour on my notebook (Win7) with GenTool. I've created also a new account on cnc-online.net but i still get the same error. That looks like a server issue i think. :/

Edited by xMaNuu, 29 December 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#15 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:01 PM

It probably is a server issue but I don't understand why it's affecting you (on two different computers).    Can you try changing your password and nick name to ones comprising only numbers?

#16 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:13 PM

As you can see on the picture there is an error when i use only numbers as nickname and also as password.

http://www.imagebam....4cb107455156809

#17 xezon

xezon

GenTool Developer

• Project Team
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:41 PM

Having nickname '1' is usually a bad sign :p

Gain access to CNC Online servers by using GenTool for Generals and Zero Hour.

http://www.gentool.net/

"GenTool provides enhanced game controls and optimizations to maximize your online gaming experience. Additionally it comes with three anti cheat solutions for Generals and Zero Hour. The program is easy to install and is fully functional with C&C Generals 1.8, C&C Generals Zero Hour 1.04, Generals Deluxe Edition, The First Decade and The Ultimate Collection."

#18 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:04 PM

haha yes, but he told me to try this.... ;-)

i found this in the forum:

- Upon login, the game says: 'Your nickname is bugged as '1' and will forbid online gaming'.
Solution: This happens when your account name (your Revora Log In name) has forbidden characters. Please make a thread to request a Log In name change.

So it is impossible to have a nickname with numbers only....

aaaahhhh there must be a solution for the issue! :( :(

#19 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:34 PM

haha yes, but he told me to try this.... ;-)

i found this in the forum:

- Upon login, the game says: 'Your nickname is bugged as '1' and will forbid online gaming'.
Solution: This happens when your account name (your Revora Log In name) has forbidden characters. Please make a thread to request a Log In name change.

So it is impossible to have a nickname with numbers only....

aaaahhhh there must be a solution for the issue! :( :(

Last time I checked, there were some numbers other than 1 which you could use.

#20 xMaNuu

xMaNuu
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

@ToxicShock

Sorry i do not understand. What do you want to say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users