• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Hello again,

the light @ the end of the tunnel seems far away so close....

A BfME log in always results in 'Log in timed out'. UDP Port 16000 is open / Windows firewall allows BfME free access / the options.ini as mentioned in the opening thread has been edited / there's no stuff like hamachi, vpn, whatever @ my PC. I'm feeling like a dying duck in a thunderstorm right now: I don't have a clue what I could have missed.

Btw: Something strange happens when checking the T3AOnline_Log in order to post it here: The date of change is 2014-09-27. I've installed T3A:Online not even a week ago...

There's an error message, indeed.

----- T3A:Online Client Start -----
BFME Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\
Found game.dat process. PID 4684
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582
BFME Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\
ERROR: CA public key differs from expected value. Not patching.
Found game.dat process. PID 46844920
CA public key is expected value.
Successfully patched CA public key.
Injecting DLL into game.dat process...
Result of injection: Code -1073741582

I don't know, if this information is relevant ('cause I'm an IT-noob): Playing BfME @ Gameranger works (but due to unplayable lags that's no option for me).

Any suggestions? Thank you for your efforts in advance.

There's no wrong or right but I'm sure there's good and bad.

Life is what you make it.

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

It looks fine, try to delete the logfile, reinstall the launcher and see if it helps.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

...reinstall the launcher..   hmm.gif

Uhhhm.. Which launcher do you mean? T3A-Online I guess. (It feels like asking a very stupid question. icon_redface_3.gif)

I've just deleted the logfile and tried to reinstall the launcher but I can't finish the setup. 'Error reading from file. (Path of the file) Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.' -> 'The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755.'

So I've downloaded the T3A-Online launcher again (although the previous file definitely exists ^^) -> Same problem.

So I've opened the context menu -> compatibility and would have liked to select 'Execute as an Admin' but this is grey and not selectable. So I've moved the file from the dl-folder to the desktop. In contrast to all other programms there the T3Aonline-file doesn't offer me an 'Admin-execute' in the context menu.

Already on the home stretch I'm at my wit's end. Gosh darn it! ;)

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

...reinstall the launcher..   hmm.gif

Uhhhm.. Which launcher do you mean? T3A-Online I guess. (It feels like asking a very stupid question. icon_redface_3.gif)

I've just deleted the logfile and tried to reinstall the launcher but I can't finish the setup. 'Error reading from file. (Path of the file) Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.' -> 'The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755.'

So I've downloaded the T3A-Online launcher again (although the previous file definitely exists ^^) -> Same problem.

So I've opened the context menu -> compatibility and would have liked to select 'Execute as an Admin' but this is grey and not selectable. So I've moved the file from the dl-folder to the desktop. In contrast to all other programms there the T3Aonline-file doesn't offer me an 'Admin-execute' in the context menu.

Already on the home stretch I'm at my wit's end. Gosh darn it! ;)

No worries,

let me explain how it works: You have the normal game (BFME) which can not use the online servers anymore because they were shut down. If you install our T3A:Online launcher and start the game with it it will tell the game to connect to our new server that emulates the old one. Therefore you can play online again.

What is your installation source? From disc? A disc image? Forshires edition (this one already includes the launcher)?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#5 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:19 AM

Oops, sry. I've missed out this information in my first post: My installation source is an original disc.

I've stumbled on one sentence from you: "If you install our T3A:Online launcher and start the game with it...." This could be understand as 'after installation of T3A:Online there should be another BfME-icon on the desktop that must be used instead of the regular one'. If so: There isn't another icon, only the original one. Might this be the key to the solution, indicative for an maybe incorrect installation of T3A:Online?

Edited by Paul_Brause, 07 January 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

The launcher is installed in a way that the normal shortcut starts the launcher. If you start the game then a small window should appear on which you can click "launch".

Maybe you can go through the steps on t3aonline.net/setup and make sure they are all done.

#7 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Hmm, ok, sth. seems to be wrong with my T3A:Online installation. When starting the game via the regular BfME-icon there doesn't appear any window on which I can click 'launch'. Instead of that the game directly starts.

Just fyi: Of course I've been sure ('til your last post ^^), that my installation was correct coz finally my BfME asks for 'Revora account name' and 'T3A-Online password' instead of the EA stuff.

And fyi 2: Before installing any T3A stuff and again before even posting here I've worked through this forum, especially through the sticky threads and http://t3aonline.net/setup/. I don't like ppl. who r crying 4 help without having read sticky 'help threads', too. ;)

I think, I'll delete the whole BfME-stuff and give it just another try of clean install. Thank you so far!

Edit some hours later:

Hello again,

so here's my "road map of operations" 'til now:

1. Uninstall BfME? Check!
2. Delete (afaik) all folders incl. the appdata-roaming-Mybfme-stuff? Check!
3. Make sure that all know bfme related folders are really empty / erased? Check!
4. Reinstalling the game from disc? Check!
5. Patching to 1.03? Check!
6. Patching to 1.05 (manually move the patch files to the suitable bfme-folder)? Check!
7. Trying to install T3A:Online (downloaded from http://t3aonline.net/download/)-> Same error message as named in post #123: 'Error reading from file. (Path of the file) Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.' -> 'The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755.'
8. Get tears in the eyes, question marks in the head and feel stupid like Ollum? Check!

Wth am I doing wrong? I know the mistake must be @ my side, coz other ppl. don't have such issues. But unfortunately I don't see the source of the problem (Hello tree, hello wood ^^).

PS: I don't know if this is relevant: There's still no way for me to run the T3A:Online file as an Admin. It's still all grey. Even compatibilty itself is grey. The T3A:Online file is the first (and only) file @ my PC where I notice that neither a compatibilty mode nor 'Execute as an admin.' can be selected.

PPS: Win7, 64bit, 'normal' BfME DVD version (no 'lite' / anniversary / bundle / whatever stuff)

PPPS: I didn't want to doublepost but as this current issue referes more to Mathijs's thread than to port issues, please let me know if I should move my concern from here to there. :)

PPPPS: I've also tried to get a log.txt from loginstall.bat (as Mathijs suggests in his thread) but that doesn't work. No txt.file is created during the failed T3A-installation (maybe due to the fact that I cannot run it as admin. as Mathijs says?).

Edited by Paul_Brause, 07 January 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#8 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Alright, uninstall everything, install the original game, install patch 1.03, 1.05, 1.06 and the t3a launcher afterwards.

#9 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

Alright, uninstall everything, install the original game, install patch 1.03, 1.05, 1.06 and the t3a launcher afterwards.

Uhm, ok, I should keep my posts shorter and try to say more with less words. Sry for 'write diarrhoea'. ;)

Did you read point #7 in my previous post? I CAN'T install the t3a launcher anymore. Always the same error '2755'. I don't have a clue what that means...

#10 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

No, I posted before you edited your post and I can't remember whether it was already mentioned ;).

This would be helpful:

Are you comfortable using the command line? If so, attempt to install it with msiexec /i "T3AOnlineBFME1.msi" /L*V "log.txt" and then post the log.txt.

Replace "T3AOnlineBFME1.msi" with the correct filename of the installation source. Did you recheck that no antivius is blocking it and that is was not a corrupted download?

#11 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:33 AM

Thank you very much for your patience with an IT-noob like me. :)

I'm not comfortable with the 'msiexec' (I didn't even know this 'til now) and so I've tried msiexec /i "C:\Users\*myname*\Desktop\T3AOnlineBFME1_1.5.0" /L*V "log.txt" which just leads to another error message: "Error opening installation log file. Make sure that the log file exists and is writable."

Did I make a mistake in the command line?

AV has been deactivated for this.

Meanwhile I've downloaded T3A:online three times. I don't see any hint for having a corrupted file.

U can call me maaaaaaad (The definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results.) :D

BTW: I'm just the 'vanguard' of a group of passionated BfMF-players in former (<2011) days, tryin' to get your stuff workin'. If I succeed, my old buddies will join the game once again, too. So u'll get a lot of work to do here! 1a_teuflisch_2.gifangel_not.gif

Edited by Paul_Brause, 08 January 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#12 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

Paul, don't worry, I'm sure your problem is solvable.

Just to make sure, can you open 'cmd', navigate to the directory where your T3AOnlineBFME1_1.5.0.msi is located (with 'cd' command) and run above  msiexec /i "T3AOnlineBFME1_1.5.0.msi" /L*V "log.txt" again.

#13 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:43 AM

It might be solvable but I'm afraid as well as sure that the reason for all the 'trouble' I'm causing you is sth. very stupid @ my side (like in the video) that I don't see yet. I hope we will both laugh together when I'm fit to die of shame in the end. ;)

When I do the 'cmd' stuff I get the same error message (The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755.) and there is no log file to post. cry_1.gif

BTW: Doin' some DOS-stuff feels even better and more 'back to the roots' than playing BfME! zwinkern_2.gif

Edited by Paul_Brause, 09 January 2016 - 07:09 AM.

#14 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:30 AM

Could you try the solutions mentioned in this topic?http://answers.micro...ba30f777?auth=1

If all fails uninstall the game and its components and try to download the Bfme online version from forshires blogspot page and see if that one works for you.

#15 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

To patch the ms-installer exceeds my noobish IT-knowledge coz I'm not even able to identify the necessary version for me (Win7 Ultimate Edition, 64bit).

WindowsServer2003SP1For32-bit:WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe
For64-bit:WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe
ForIA64Platform:WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exeWindowsServer2003SP2WindowsXPSP2For32-bit:WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe
For64-bit:WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe
ForIA64Platform:WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exeWindowsXPSP3WindowsVistaFor32-bit:Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu
For64-bit:Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x64.msu
ForIA64Platform:Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-ia64.msuWindowsVistaSP1WindowsServer2008

So I've downloaded Forshire's BfME-version. No I got another problem: Afaik this version doesn't contain the campaign. But I love to play it for a change from time to time. Do you know a more simple way how to keep the original BfME version available before installing Forshire's version (it demands to deinstall the existing BfME during its installation) beside of the solution shown in the video @ Forshire's blog?

Two are better than one: Thank you for your patience! Without you I would have already surrendered for ages tryin' to reactivate playing BfME online. :)

PS: There's no 'Error 2755' so far when tryin' to install Forshire's BfME. Weird....

Edited by Paul_Brause, 09 January 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#16 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

The online edition 2.0 does include the campaign as far as I know.

The reason why it installs is that it is not using the msi installer which is the original Windows installation method (seems slightly broken on your machine). Did you check the create directory hint in the support link without updating msi?

#17 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

Did you check the create directory hint in the support link without updating msi?

Right now I'm not sure, which 'create hint' is meant by you.

Did you mean 'I was missing the a) `Windows\Installer` folder. Created it and that solved it.' or b) 'If your CD/DVD drive is not reading your game disk properly, then try copying all the files to a newly created a folder on to the desktop and then start installation.'?

If b): T3A:Online has already been moved by me with no effect ref. the 'Error 2755'.

If a): Hum..... hommmmm.... No, I haven't tried it 'til now. So I've just tried to create an 'Installer'-folder inside the win-folder @ C. But there was already one although it wasn't listed (and although I see every other hidden files and folders everywhere else beside of the Win-dir). So I've downloaded UnrealCommander, set Options to 'Show hidden files' and unchecked the 'read only' option @ the existing 'Installer' folder. Then I've tried to run the loginstall.bat once again. Guess what? Same error '2755'. :´(

Edit: 1jump.gifparty4.gif1jump.gif

ICT, U R DA MAN! I've just tried to just run the T3A:Online-installer itself instead of the loginstall.bat-stuff. And it worked! Installation finished. And now I even see the "If you start the game then a small window should appear on which you can click "launch".-window.

And I ain't got port issues. I can enter the lobby!

dj_2.gif

I'm so excited... And I just can't hide it.... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! *sing*

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Tonight I'm @ a birthday party and I'll definetely have a beer and toast it to you!

Edited by Paul_Brause, 09 January 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#18 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:08 PM

That's great, hope to see you online! I'll split this discussion into it's own topic later.

Edited by ICT, 09 January 2016 - 07:37 PM.
Done.

#19 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Good idea to move our discussion in an own topic as connection / port issues weren't the source of my problem.

Unless you didn't left it there on purpose you might have missed a post from you to move by accident.

To your health! party_3.gif

#20 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users