Photo

Saudi Arabia's most dangerous man in the world?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

http://www.independe...d-a6803191.html

A quick quote quietly sequestered:

When Mohammed bin Salman was just 12 he began sitting in on meetings led by his father Salman, the then governor of Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Province. Some 17 years later, at 29 and already the world’s youngest defence minister, he plunged his country into a brutal war in Yemen with no end in sight. 

Now the kingdom of Saudi Arabia is jousting dangerously with its regional foe Iran, led by a man seemingly in a big hurry to become the Middle East’s most powerful leader.

To sum things up in CK2 definitions: the king is incapable, his grandson has taken the role of regent, and is being very blunt about it.

I'm pretty worried that Saudi-Arabia is about to meet the wall the next five to ten years. As their oil becomes less important to the west, so do they, and they are not prepared for this. This guy seems to believe he can save SA by force, which will be... interesting.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

Who knew.  Warlords raise warlords.  I suppose they say clowns and their kin never leave the circus.  I can't figure out how there's anyone left alive in the Middle-East, really.

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

Not that Saudi Arabia is known for raising warlords around in the west. We just think of them as oil exporters. Though with the low prices on oil now combined with media actually covering a bit of the stupid things SA, does, I think things are falling apart for them rather rapidly.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

Any Middle-Eastern country with enough money to build a super city on the ocean is up to no good.  They may not have been finicky on the kill switch, but they've been quite naughty.  Or at least, if you believe media sources of a similar moral fiber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users