Photo

Our mod for reg gen or zh?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Our mod for reg Generals or Zero Hour?

Our mod for reg Generals or Zero Hour?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:33 PM

I think it has to be for the normal generals. we can always make it later for zh!
Posted Image

#2 Fade Away

Fade Away
  • New Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:40 PM

amen, We can always make a Zero hour version when we're finished with the regular generals mod.

#3 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:41 PM

You can have ZH & play with Generals
You can have Generals & not have ZH...

... Generals have more people, but if you are doing a mod to an expansion, you are reducing the number of people that could play with your mod (I voted Generals).
As you said before, always is possible do the mod to ZH

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#4 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 26 October 2003 - 08:44 PM

You can have ZH & play with Generals
You can have Generals & not have ZH...

... Generals have more people, but if you are doing a mod to an expansion, you are reducing the number of people that could play with your mod (I voted Generals).
As you said before, always is possible do the mod to ZH

That were my thoughts too! :)
Posted Image

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 27 October 2003 - 01:46 AM

Yeah, I don't want to recode the structures that I've done, and have working with WB. We can do a ZH port later, and use the code that is done for that already. Besides, this way we can have all the features in Reg Gen, and then add new and cool features in the ZH version.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#6 tanka

tanka

title available

• Project Team
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:25 AM

oh ffs. you should have posted this in staff. i cannot post alot of the reasons why we have to have a ZH version.

this is not a FPS modding community. hardly anybody downloads RTS mods.

the 3 main reasons are..

1. alot of our ideas WILL NOT work in ordinary generals. i have stressed this out about 100 times!

2. the generals world builder is totally shit, it is almost impossible to add units to it.

3. the ini editors will have to work double as hard, and considering most poeple will download the ZH version anyway, it wouldn't be worth the work.

i understand what you are saying, everybody has generals, but a few don't have ZH. i am sure that people who don't have ZH will not enjoy a mod, which has alot of it's features unavalible, and terrible campaigns because of the coding and WB.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:48 AM

you should have posted this in staff.

The reason i posted it for public is that they can also choose what they like! So if more people will vote, we can see what they want! The most votes will win.
Posted Image

#8 IndigoSpyder

IndigoSpyder
  • New Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:00 AM

Yeah, I don't want to recode the structures that I've done, and have working with WB.  We can do a ZH port later, and use the code that is done for that already.  Besides, this way we can have all the features in Reg Gen, and then add new and cool features in the ZH version.
^_^

Yes! Go for Generals first, then later, add some cool features for Zero Hour :)
(I voted for Regular Generals)

#9 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:33 AM

There are 3 leaders, Tanka, Freefall and I, now me and tanka say it's for ZH so if i can do maths right that makes 2 vrs 1. So it's for Zh if you like it your not. coop with it. :) allso HALF THE STUFF I HAVE DONE IS NOT PASSABEL WITH NORMAL GEN. ^_^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 tanka

tanka

title available

• Project Team
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:59 AM

yeah, i'd be all for the swap if we were already into making the mod for generals. but right now ZH seems to be the most stable, and ideal way to work, however some people won't listen to what i have to say, and think it is all about the amount of people who download our mod, not the quality of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:23 AM

I'll speak with Freefall about it.
Posted Image

#12 smurfbizkit

smurfbizkit
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:16 PM

There are very few things you can do in zh that you can't do in generals...

#13 Freefall

Freefall

title available

• Project Team
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:55 PM

I seriously don't see your problem tanka, we are listening to yo but almost everything in ZH is also possible in normal gen. Mastermind has coded (I think) the same part for normal gen as Mongoose for ZH. Tell me a good reason to go for ZH then.

#14 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 27 October 2003 - 03:57 PM

oh ffs. you should have posted this in staff. i cannot post alot of the reasons why we have to have a ZH version.

this is not a FPS modding community. hardly anybody downloads RTS mods.

the 3 main reasons are..

1. alot of our ideas WILL NOT work in ordinary generals. i have stressed this out about 100 times!

If you can find 3 things, maybe we can change this

2. the generals world builder is totally shit, it is almost impossible to add units to it.

All of the structures that I have coded so far work with WB, and a careful modder can get everything to work

3. the ini editors will have to work double as hard, and considering most poeple will download the ZH version anyway, it wouldn't be worth the work.

A lot of the Reg Gen code can be used, we just need to add a few module tags. All of the art data is the same, there are just a few new items

i understand what you are saying, everybody has generals, but a few don't have ZH. i am sure that people who don't have ZH will not enjoy a mod, which has alot of it's features unavalible, and terrible campaigns because of the coding and WB.

With a little careful work, we can avoid all of these problems.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#15 Happy Cow

Happy Cow
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:26 AM

I'll back you up on this one MON, why don't you make the POLL do you have ZH or not then see what it is. if all the ppl say they have ZH then make the mod in Zh cuz it's just a waste of time.

#16 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:33 AM

WOW, thanks Happy Cow there is love in this world after all. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Happy Cow

Happy Cow
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 06:47 AM

anytime :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users