Photo

Red Alert 3 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

online red alert 3

Best Answer ToxicShock, 10 February 2016 - 12:29 PM

A lot of your problems (I can see immediately) are caused by you not running the C&C:Online launcher "as administrator". Make sure your games are unhooked, right click (or shift right click) the launcher icon and hit "run as administrator" (alternatively, you can set that in the compatibility tab of the shortcut properties). Then try launching again and let us know how you get on. If you can't start the game, please post your error log again. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Naveer

Naveer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

When I tried to run the Ultimate Collection's RA3 up-to-date without any additional applications other than Origin on my Windows 10 desktop of course I could not go online with Gamespy's bankruptcy, so I tried running it through the C&C Online launcher at my boyfriend's recommendation. During the launcher's installation and launch however, the following message appears:
Could not write value Debugger to key\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\RA3.exe. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

This happens with the Generals.exe, CNC3.exe and CNCep1.exe as well.

Then I tried to run the game through the launcher after retrying, then ignoring the above messages. This resulted in an error message saying that ssleay32.dll was missing. When I tried hooking the game, by clicking 'hook', 'Red alert 3', then running the game through it's directory exe, I still was not able to connect to the servers to play online. I tried hooking then creating a shortcut and then running the shortcut as well, both I also tried as an admin. This was when I was linked Bibber's Ultimate Collection launcher fixer thingy, I installed it and entered the UC's (additional content) serial when the installer said it was recommended, had the same issues. Today I reinstalled all of the above, but I did not have the serial issue and after installing Bibber's launcher fixer thingy the C&C Online Launcher instead says "Unable to launch Red Alert 3" and prompts me to choose between standard RA3 and its DLC edition twice instead of the usual once. Origin also now prompts me that syncing is failing whenever I exit the game. I've done more reading on the forums than my eyes forgive me for, as much as I can being a nearly blind person, tried other solutions including going to the Origin game's properties and entering command line arguments there. I assumed that was what Bibber meant by command line parameters, without any resulting success and now I'm out of ideas. Thank you for reading, I hope you can help!

This is the latest log. I remember, though I've lost the log, that there use to be a line that said something similar to "Failed to run .dat process" before I reinstalled Bibber's fixer thingy.
----- C&C:Online Launcher Start -----
Game: Red Alert 3
Red Alert 3 Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\
ERROR: CreateProcess() failed to start C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Command and Conquer Red Alert 3\Red Alert 3\RA3.exe. Error: The requested operation requires elevation.

ERROR: Unable to launch Red Alert 3

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:29 PM   Best Answer

A lot of your problems (I can see immediately) are caused by you not running the C&C:Online launcher "as administrator". Make sure your games are unhooked, right click (or shift right click) the launcher icon and hit "run as administrator" (alternatively, you can set that in the compatibility tab of the shortcut properties). Then try launching again and let us know how you get on. If you can't start the game, please post your error log again.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Naveer

Naveer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

It works!

Omigosh, I'm so sorry for starting a new thread over such a common issue. I had not seen that solution listed in my time spent in the forums. My partner and I spent so much time trying to fix this that we somehow managed to overlook such a simple solution. Thank you very much!

The launcher still has the same Generals.exe, CNC3.exe, CNC3ep1.exe and RA3.exe errors on launch, but it has connected successfully and that's all I need!

Edited by Naveer, 10 February 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:05 PM

I think it could be your anti-virus program throwing up those errors (I am not very clear what they are telling you) but if you can get online and play, that's good news.

By the way, you shouldn't use the launcher to launch Generals or Zero Hour. You should download and install GenTool and then just start those games from their ordinary shortcut (without using the launcher). That will do the work of connecting you to the server in those two games.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 Naveer

Naveer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

I made sure to keep my anti-virus disabled from the moment I began downloading the launcher up until you told me how to fix the problem and I applied the change. My anti-virus has no problem with the launcher, actually. I use 360 Total Security. It thinks Renegade's exe is a virus if anything, but that was an easy fix by adding it to the Trustlist.

I saw that about Gentool in the instructions. I'll be sure to download it and follow the instructions when the time comes. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users