• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:52 AM

I am looking to use BFME to practice modelling and texturing characters.

I plan on adding at least one hero (maybe more), based on another game, but that still fits the basic fantasy archetypes (Knight, Ranger, Healer, Wizard etc).

I am looking for advice as to what the best BFME version to place these types of heroes would be? Also I am looking for advice on the way that a typical character is constructed in terms of having varying armour and such things.

I chose BFME because I see that it already has a lot of the animations and FX that could be used, if I provided the model.

My modding background is C&C3, and I have only ever modelled structures an vehicles before, never characters.

Thanks for any help!

#2 NDC

NDC
  • Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:52 PM

Well, both games (BFME1 and BFME2) should fit your purpose really - the only consideration in favour of the latter that I can think of is that it has a tad wider range of magic abilities you could use for your characters.

#3 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Thanks very much for your answer!

I will probably take the easier option (BFME II), although I will have a serious look at BFME at some point in the future (I prefer BFME 1 game play).

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

BFME2 is generally more "advanced" in terms of engine capabilities over the original BFME but not by much. The main difference is indeed the way the game plays overall. It is possible to convert BFME2 to play with the same style as BFME but it requires a massive amount of work.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users