Can't login to Generals Zero Hour

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keeko785

keeko785
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

Long time generals player. I haven't played recently because the gamespy servers were closed down. I decided to give it another try. I read through the installation instructions carefully on this website. I browsed through the forums with people that have had the exact same problem.

I followed the instructions carefully, all of which failed.

So i just decided to start over. I uninstalled C&C generals, uninstalled the new C&Conline launcher(AFTER unhooking) restarted computer.

I then loaded up origin, redownloaded and installed C&C(utlimate edition), redownloaded and installed C&Conline, and of course the gentool. Still get the same error. "unable to launch Zero hour"

I am on windows 10

I try to launch C&C through the launcher after "hooking it" I even tried to add the game to Steam to launch it from Steam. I try to launch the game through Origin, enter my credentials(new credentials from this website) and still get the same error.

This is what I followed "Solution 1 (Generals & Zero Hour):
1) Install the fixed launchers (applicable only if you have the Ultimate Collection via Origin) DOWNLOAD
2) Install GenTool (can be installed if you have Origin versions / retail versions)
3) Uninstall C&C:Online (if you've been hooking, make sure you unhook first) 4) Launch the game and use your C&C:Online credentials to log in. GenTool has C&C:Online support built in."

Edited by keeko785, 23 March 2016 - 10:58 PM.

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:29 AM

No no, with Zero Hour you don't use the launcher, just install GenTool. Make sure you unhook ZH in the C&C:Online launcher first.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 keeko785

keeko785
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

Then what is the point of downloading this C&Conline application by revora.  I will uninstall it.

#4 keeko785

keeko785
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

So I uninstalled C&Conline and now only have Generals, and the newest version of gentool. When i enter the game, goto enter my credentials. it tells me my password is wrong???

#5 keeko785

keeko785
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

So I decided to start from scratch, I uninstalled everything. Then redownloaded everything

Origin

C&C generals

Gentool

Opened up origin, opened up C&C generals, flipped over to a web browser. Created a new user name and password.

Now I get an "EMail address is invalid" 

I will delete one of the accounts once I can get this working but till then I'll keep both active..

#6 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

Are you following the setup instructions? Have you set up your server login and password?

The point of the C&C:Online launcher is that we also support Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3, for which there is no GenTool.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users