#1 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

just saying, this game will be my death. 4x game with rogue-like procedural galaxy creation system with a lot of exploration that can unearth ancient techs that might revolutionize the galaxy, or maybe awaken an ancient terror that'll wipe it out.

trailer:

here's some okay swedish dialect Let's plays.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

Yea, that's something I'll be playing as well.  The ascetic and story sort of reminds me of Homeworld.  I say reminds me... it pretty much is Homeworld.

#3 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

Oh, on a "similar" note, here's something else you would enjoy, Duke:

#4 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

Might have to look into it, right now I'm on alpha 13 of Rimworld, which seems pretty good .

There is something about strategy games that take inspiration from roguelikes in my opinion. One might say Civilization has a bit of it, but it does try to balance the starting locations and the likes. What I like about what Stellaris promises is that it's going to blend even more hijinks into that generator and all the various things you can do to expand your empire, along with some CK2 drama of factions rising up against your leadership and all that.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users