• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#201 dorianbre

dorianbre
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

it still do it....

when I use the official launcher and the unofficial  2.02 I can go in online page but like I said with the T3A launcher... I have the update bug...

so yeah...

thanks to help me again

Edited by dorianbre, 28 April 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#202 Coinkidoink

Coinkidoink
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Tell me, have you guys had any luck getting ROTWK to run on windows 10?

I've been following the install guide and reinstalled BFME2 and ROTWK 3 times now, but i always end up with the same thing: ROTWK refuses to start. The pre-launch splash screen comes up and then after about 15 seconds it unceremoniously crashes with no error message.

#203 dorianbre

dorianbre
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

I've been following the install guide and reinstalled BFME2 and ROTWK 3 times now, but i always end up with the same thing: ROTWK refuses to start. The pre-launch splash screen comes up and then after about 15 seconds it unceremoniously crashes with no error message.

to play ROTWK on w10 you must create the options.ini file then you musst have BFME 2 in the last official version : 1.06 (it's why patches switcher is usefull)

check you chose the good graphics processor and that all.

#204 Coinkidoink

Coinkidoink
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

to play ROTWK on w10 you must create the options.ini file then you musst have BFME 2 in the last official version : 1.06 (it's why patches switcher is usefull)

check you chose the good graphics processor and that all.

That's seems to have changed something, but now i get this error:

http://i.imgur.com/yMwTUwf.jpg

Edited by Coinkidoink, 28 April 2017 - 07:25 PM.

#205 dorianbre

dorianbre
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

In wich version is BFME 2?

because it like like the error you have with the v1.09.

#206 Coinkidoink

Coinkidoink
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

BFME2 is v1.06.

#207 dorianbre

dorianbre
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

BFME2 is v1.06.

ok then i don't know...try with v 1.00...

#208 Coinkidoink

Coinkidoink
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

Same error then too :(

#209 dorianbre

dorianbre
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Same error then too :(

then I don't know... sory

#210 Dunon

Dunon
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:56 PM

I Accidentally got the updated version and uninstalled it, now im not able to install 4.46.1, it just refuses to install. Any help or am i just fucked 

#211 Pepcok

Pepcok
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

After few attempts I was not able to install BFME 2 on my computer.

I have Windows 10 Home x64 on Lenovo Notebook.

Here are my steps:

With some problems I managed to install Alcohol 52% 2.0.3 Build 9811 (I had some errors during installation which I couldn't get rid of). I had to uninstall my Deamon Tools 10 along with manual removal of SCSI Drivers (I used this link: http://duplexsecure.com/downloads/).

1. I downloaded image from first post

2. Mounted image to Alcohol 52% (Virtual DVD/CD-ROM) - I don't have many options here.

3. I install the game with custom path 

4. At this point trying to run the game results in crash for not having DVD-ROM

5. I mount MI-BFME2.mds file image - at this point running game (lotrbfme2.exe as administrator) results in No-DVD-ROM Error

6. I install 1.06 patch - LotrBfMe2-65542-english.exe file.- at this point running game (lotrbfme2.exe as administrator) with either MI-BFME2.mdf and MI-BFME2.mds mounted results in No-DVD ROM Error

7. I Install patch 1.09 using bfme2_109_patch_switcher_setup.exe file. - as before running game (lotrbfme2.exe as administrator)  with either MI-BFME2.mdf and MI-BFME2.mds mounted results in No-DVD ROM Error

Are there any special options in Alcohl 52% I need to enable? When i r-click on drive name in Alcohol 52%, and then to Sharing I have Sharing: On

#212 Pepcok

Pepcok
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

Some update.

I've decided to use Deamon Tools Lite 10.5. I managed to install games, patches and mount MI-BFME2.mds on SCSI. The games no longer yelds no DVD-ROM Error, but crashes after start on loading screen.

options.ini was created. I tried compatibility modes, running as admin on each patch without success.

#213 Dunon

Dunon
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Some update.

I've decided to use Deamon Tools Lite 10.5. I managed to install games, patches and mount MI-BFME2.mds on SCSI. The games no longer yelds no DVD-ROM Error, but crashes after start on loading screen.

options.ini was created. I tried compatibility modes, running as admin on each patch without success.

how did you mount  MI-BFME2.mds on SCSI? it doesnt let me do it on 10.5

#214 FPLkiller

FPLkiller
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

I did all the steps you had to do, the only thing i did different was that i downloaded DEAMON tools lite 10.5.1.

I can start the game but after 10 seconds i get a runtime error

"This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unussual way"

What can i do different????

#215 Pepcok

Pepcok
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Some update.

how did you mount  MI-BFME2.mds on SCSI? it doesnt let me do it on 10.5

I can select image and click Mount to SCSI.

Look in the settings. There might be option to "Try" this feature in Options Menu.

Edited by Pepcok, 01 May 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#216 Kaberb

Kaberb
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

The all in one patch server is unreachable? I've tried installing it and the server can't be found.

I also tried to install the patches one by one and the patch 1.03 server can't be found, and patch 1.05 isn't in an executable install state, just a zip with text documents.

Any help would be appreciated.

#217 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

Is your firewall blocking the connection?

To install 1.05 manually extract the contents of the .zip into your installation directory (where game.dat is located) and overwrite existing files.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#218 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

When I install the BFME1 game and the patches, anytime I try launch I encounter an Exception Access Vioation.  This is whether I use the all-in-one patch, or install them individually, and whether or not I launch using the T3A launcher or the regular executable.  I've also tried reinstalling twice.  I've also tried turning on compatibility mode with XP Service Pack 2, and also running as an administrator.  When I do this, I hang on the splash screen forever and nothing happens.  Any advice?

Edited by Devon, 14 May 2017 - 06:39 AM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#219 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

Did you make sure the options.ini is correctly set up?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#220 Storm1992

Storm1992
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

HI there,

after trying it several times i now have to ask here for help. (BTW awsome that this Topic is still relevant after the game is official dead for so many years, thank you very much for your work.)

I use Win 10 with the newest Update. I installed the BFME 1 Online Edition from Foreshire and everthing worked very well.
Then i wanted to install BFME 2 but thats more comlicated. (There isnt an "Online Edition" of BFME 2 is it? would be great if there ever is such a easy to install version)

I followed the instructions but WIn 10 blocks the installation of deamon tools and therefore i used Alkohol 52% free edtion. Unfortunatly i couldnt find an option to mount to SCSI so thats maybe the problem but the installation went well anyway.
I mounted the Mini Image simultaneously to the other Image and tried to start BFME 2. Everything looks well at first an it shows the loading image but then the regular windows message "BFME 2 stopped working" appears.

I patched to Version 1.03 which went without error.
But the same message appears.

Would be great if somebody can help me. I want to play the game with friends on a LAN (best case with Edain or Elvenstar mod) but i just cant get it to work...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users