• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#841 Angmar009

Angmar009
  • T3A Staff
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2022 - 02:22 AM

Hi all,

I am posting the following question referencing the instructions in the initial guide post from April, 2016.

Re: Battle for Middle-earth II

The guide points to downloading Patch 1.09 (Patch 1.09 includes widescreen fix.).

However, the current link to Patch 1.09 leads to a page with a 502 error.

Q: Does anyone happen to have a local copy of this patch to upload?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

Hello! 1.09 v2 is the most updated version: https://www.gamerepl...ersion-2.0-live

They don't care if support needs help until support decides they don't want to help anymore.

#842 naThanos_1

naThanos_1
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

Hi

Has anybody else had this issue?

I have done all patches, done the options.ini, uninstalled 4 times. After about an hour of playing the game fine this always pops up and kicks me out. 

Hoping someone knows how to fix.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2022-09-25 172058.png

Edited by naThanos_1, 25 September 2022 - 04:33 PM.

#843 Coffee_Freak_00

Coffee_Freak_00
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 06:24 PM

Hi all,

I am posting the following question referencing the instructions in the initial guide post from April, 2016.

Re: Battle for Middle-earth II

The guide points to downloading Patch 1.09 (Patch 1.09 includes widescreen fix.).

However, the current link to Patch 1.09 leads to a page with a 502 error.

Q: Does anyone happen to have a local copy of this patch to upload?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards,

Hello! 1.09 v2 is the most updated version: https://www.gamerepl...ersion-2.0-live

Thank you @Angmar009.

I will download the patch and see how it goes.

#844 magnetoak47

magnetoak47
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:58 PM

Hi, while I'm trying to open The Rise of The Witch King I'm getting this error (image attached). Already tryed to re-installed all the files and the error continues. 

bfmerotwk.jpg

And in BFME1 and BFME2 when I try to login with the same account I'm using here the error says: "The specified account or subaccount name wasn't found" What should I do?

Attached Thumbnails

• bfmerotwk.png

Edited by magnetoak47, 01 October 2022 - 05:01 PM.

#845 TalkingPie

TalkingPie
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:40 PM

i have downloaded the game and run the install, then added the patch, and added the file to run with out a cd but every time i try to load the game it pulls up this image then crashes with no error report, i checked and i have it set to run on the Geforce graphics card not the intel intigrated, does anyone know what might be the problem or a potential solution? i havent a computer with a cd drive anymore so this is my only option if i want to play these amazing games again :( 

attachicon.gif Screenshot (1).png

Anyone experiencing this issue I found a fix that worked for me in this video, I tried a few of things prior (installed the direct X that came with the game) just to note.

There is a link in the description that you can download and use for all three BFME games and I can now launch the game.

Edited by TalkingPie, 07 October 2022 - 07:41 PM.

#846 loukas3339

loukas3339
  • Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 08:27 PM

Hi, i have a problem with bfme 1 when i install it i get this problem Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png help please.

#847 TalkingPie

TalkingPie
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 10:25 PM

Hi, i have a problem with bfme 1 when i install it i get this problem attachicon.gif Screenshot_1.pngattachicon.gif Screenshot_2.png help please.

Had a similar issue when trying to install BFME2, try creating a fresh folder for a clean install it worked for me.

Hi, while I'm trying to open The Rise of The Witch King I'm getting this error (image attached). Already tryed to re-installed all the files and the error continues. 

attachicon.gif bfmerotwk.jpg

And in BFME1 and BFME2 when I try to login with the same account I'm using here the error says: "The specified account or subaccount name wasn't found" What should I do?

Try using the patch switcher for BFME2 base game to 1.6.

#848 loukas3339

loukas3339
  • Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 10:49 PM

i tried it but it didn't work for me

#849 TalkingPie

TalkingPie
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 12:06 AM

Apparently the fix is this ''What you want to do is copy the entire game from the disc to the hard drive, then go into the folder and look for support/sv/lasmig and change it to lasmig.txt''

#850 Felta

Felta
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 07:51 AM

Hello!

i need some help. I follow the guide. Patched BFME but RUN time error. I dont know how to fix this problem.https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#851 loukas3339

loukas3339
  • Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2022 - 06:36 PM

Apparently the fix is this ''What you want to do is copy the entire game from the disc to the hard drive, then go into the folder and look for support/sv/lasmig and change it to lasmig.txt''

i did but... Screenshot_3.png Screenshot_4.png

#852 ViLLaiN_1127

ViLLaiN_1127
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 01:31 PM

help.. am not able to download mini-image bfme2 ....when i click the link it just opens and shut the tab ...no download no nothing!!!

#853 ParadoxNeos

ParadoxNeos
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 05:27 PM

If anyone is having this issue, simply revert BFME2 Patch to 1.06 via the Patch Switcher and that should fix this particular issue.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2022-10-16 132056.png

Edited by ParadoxNeos, 16 October 2022 - 05:29 PM.

#854 Felta

Felta
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 07:10 PM

The tainted lands texture missing.. how to fix ?

Edited by Felta, 16 October 2022 - 07:12 PM.

#855 D-unit

D-unit
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 11:55 PM

So I installed the game by following the instructions in this forum for BFME, BFME2 and ROTWK, and it worked the first time but wouldn't run the game - BFME works but BFME2 kept showing up with an error, saying files couldn't be found or it would start to launch and then just not respond.

I tried a bunch of different things from a bunch of different threads: Options.ini, game.dat, made sure my NVIDIA was selected, installed the recommended patches and finally just deleted and uninstalled everything and started from scratch.

Now I downloaded the game from this forum the exact same that I did the first time, extracted the ISO file which didn't seem to mount to a virtual drive like it did the first time and now I can't launch the autorun - literally just saying this version won't run on my PC. 

SO I'm hoping someone can help me with the more recent problem of not being able to launch the installation to begin with, and then maybe tell me where I went wrong before so I can actually play this game.

ANY help is appreciated!!!

2022-10-16 (2).png

2022-10-17.png

Edited by D-unit, 18 October 2022 - 12:03 AM.

#856 CrAzYxBoB

CrAzYxBoB
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 03:08 AM

MY GAME OPENS TO THE LOAD SCREEN THEN JUST SHUTS DOWN OR FREEZES IVE DONE EVERYTHIGN SAID TO DO

#857 CrAzYxBoB

CrAzYxBoB
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2022 - 03:08 AM

MY GAME OPENS TO THE LOAD SCREEN THEN JUST SHUTS DOWN OR FREEZES IVE DONE EVERYTHIGN SAID TO DO

#858 Ceasca

Ceasca
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 03:33 PM

help.. am not able to download mini-image bfme2 ....when i click the link it just opens and shut the tab ...no download no nothing!!!

Hello!

It looks like the download is automatically stopped because it is not secured, and also the tab got closed. I disabled the firewall, go incognito in Chrome, and it still did not work. The solution would be to open a Microsoft Edge browser and try there again. Microsoft Edge opens a popup that says the download is not secure and there you can press "Keep" from a drop down menu. So in the case of Microsoft Edge, the tab didn't close automatically.

Hope it helps,

Yours trully

#859 asthhag12346

asthhag12346
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:40 PM

Hey none of the games work for me, I've set the resolutions (standard HD as recommended) for them and all that happens is well, nothing (left it running for 30 mins even). 

When I try to run the game again it says 'game is already running', and sure enough it's in my Task Manager (not under Apps but Background Processes).

I've downloaded and installed all 3 games by the instructions + the experimental fixes. Drivers are fully up-to-date for everything I'm sure, running Windows 10 x64.

How come it's still running them all as background apps?

--------------------------------------------------

-- Basic Dxdiag (removed extraneous, no problems showing):

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 11/23/2022, 22:35:04
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor               (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
                   Memory: 24576MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 24526MB RAM
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
 DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
      Display Memory: 18241 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 5979 MB
       Shared Memory: 12262 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Edited by asthhag12346, 24 November 2022 - 04:46 PM.

#860 SirDoge27

SirDoge27
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2022 - 09:02 PM

Hi.

Anyone know how to remove the custom menu music the Aio patch installs for BFME 1  ?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users