Mod news update ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 saeba_23

saeba_23
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

greeting to all brother, just curious. is there any news about the mod ? i hope it's still alive :sad2:

#2 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

It's, to my knowledge, in the list for a rebuild but not prioritized (there are others which require more dedication or less work). Basically the playable beta needs a cleaning and proper assignment of art assets to avoid merge and interfering with the original eldar: a tedious task. There were some CTD as reported by some people. Probably some abilities need to be revised, balance and such...

The problem is as usual, few people for too many things to be done, albeit easy most of them, they are many. Realistically, I'd expect summer 2017 unless people decide to focus on this.

#3 saeba_23

saeba_23
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

i have download the files that brother fuggles upload. are there any pointing so i can try to clean it ? english is not my native language, so sory if sound weird

#4 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Doing this by yourself is tedious and is better to have some consensus to see which art deserves to be kept or replaced... and ensuring nobody else is going to do the same but in a different way. It took me a lot to remove some content to have a more playable one but still it has teamcolour bleeding for example. The idea would be to, systematically:

- Inspect the attrib ebps troop rgds to see which model whm/whe is currently used by every unit, the rest maybe remove (or backup) from the build

- rename the paths found in the different whm to assign the craftworld_race folder instead of the eldar folder whenever this appears, this way you avoid interference with eldar_race from DoW.

- Then testing to look for CTD either by ai errors or by abilities etc.

- Consider which models are usable or which ones have 3d problems, lack of animations etc. that will require 3d/OE work (usually the task that very few people can do currently).

The project was a mix of a bit of models from backported Dow2 and others from the Codex/Fok, ideally not using anything from the original content of Dow; my idea, hopefully the rest here agree, is to keep one model as a common one and another model just for a particular craftworld when there are a couple of them, the particular craftworld should be the one where that unit is more important.

Edited by Roderick, 17 May 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#5 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:46 PM

Pretty sure that's what I did! Plus, now there's a hornet!

You also need to repoint the rsh.

Feel free to have a go with file format editor.

#6 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

Are you sure? Because I had colourbleeding plus heads replaced in the original eldar, among other things for sure.

For example, although not necessary troublesome, I see that there are many models in the ebps/races/eldar that should rather be in the ebps/races/craftworlds with the rest of additions. Probably it's an inheritance of some prior eldar expansion/addition at some stage instead of doing an standalone independent race; I bet it's from the FOK eldar race.

Race mods shouldn't add more content to the original races in comparison to balance mods which effectively modify them.

Edited by Roderick, 17 May 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#7 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

No, I meant pick the best models! I tried to include every eldar model possible.

#8 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Aah ok

Have you considered to include a corsair fleet now that there is a hornet and there are (I have seen) jetpacks for guardians? OrkA have freebooters so...

I'll look more carefully, I think there is a farsight with fight animations and no helmet that was not present; also the codex banshees weren't present or at least the ones I saw were backported I think and have some odd animation. There's another model of wraithguard which I didn't see and the dire avenger exarch wasn't the one which fits for the dire avenger trooper, among things I remember (I had to grab from another mod and replace).

There was an old unused model from TTRU for the guardian storm that could be reused as cc corsairs/felarchs 

As you see there are many things to be done yet.

Edited by Roderick, 17 May 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#9 saeba_23

saeba_23
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

thank you for all the info, i have a little bit practice for using corsix and ffe. and yes there is still color bleeding from brother fuggles files. now i'm trying to make craftworld with dow revised and galaxy in fire reloaded asset (for private), and i think these asset is the most stabil if i could say. the non helmet farsight is from GiFR, and the model is very good (in the ffe lots animation) . just question, if i remake whm/whe with ffe to point to new race texture_share (like eld_r for eldar file), shouldn't it can solve the bleeding problem ? btw thanx for your attention :thumbsuphappy:

#10 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

Not played gifr. I would guess It's the Dow2 one, not the ones I made. There are eldar corsair in ua, made by rt2, guardians don't have jetpacks!

#11 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

Yes, bleed is when two armies are using the same texture. Craftworld would be a better name for the folder.

#12 saeba_23

saeba_23
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:15 AM

thanx a lot brother fuggles, you should try gifr. it come between fok and dow revised if i must say. and the beta_2 have good looking grav tanks just like the new codex version. i think i should start from the thing you have pointed. thank you brother roderick and brother fuggles for the insight :toasting: 

#13 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

Not played gifr. I would guess It's the Dow2 one, not the ones I made. There are eldar corsair in ua, made by rt2, guardians don't have jetpacks!

I meant that corsairs are using the base of the original guardian plus jetpacks.

@saeba: yes, the GIFR have a couple of models at least that weren't included in the possibly because they weren't available at that time. One of them is the farseer which have a more dynamic stance, both with helmet and helmetless; this model appears in the Eternal Confrontation mod called "soul pastor" in case somebody wants to have a quicklook (there are videos on youtube but GIFR hasn't a proper showroom yet)

https://youtu.be/6Pp0w1HTqWA?t=10m27s

And of course, there are backported versions of guardians, banshees and warpspiders which aren't present either. I remember even have seen a two different models called "nightspinner" ( I have been doing a proto-catalogue of units from different balance mods to see the ones which are different from the commonly used or the original ones, that's the reason I have fresh records in my mind).

Anyway, the first task to push further the mod is to move completely the art to the same "craftworld" folder (FFE 1.1 path changing in whm and rsh files), then check and choose the models adequately; then looking for CTD or other issues some people mentioned to fix and debug. It's that kind of thing that everybody with time and knowing what to do could do but there are many other things and few time... so that if you're keen enough on this mod you could start to tidy up. Given the fact that there are diversity by craftworld choice, there's room for different models of the same kind of troop, in case you plan to add more of them.

Edited by Roderick, 18 May 2016 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users