White Scars

18 replies to this topic

#1 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:50 AM

I never got around to trying the scars and now it appears dead. Firstly anyone have a link?

Secondly, can it be saved? Bikes, whilst not amazing are okay and have heavy weapons variants. Ditch the rhino, add bikes, focus on Mobility, have the thunderhawk.

If compelled, morale could be fuel which makes you go superslow when broken. Upgrades to bigger fueltanks makes you go slower and blow up bigger.

But.. not tried it. Lost cause?

#2 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

I have the latest version, I think two of them: a dedicated one and one integrated into one of these "balance" mods but WS organized into their own folders, which is fine to not meddle with SM content.

I don't think it's a lost cause. The bike models and landspeeder variants are there, then a few renames and reallocation of troops into proper buildtree and voilà. You don't even have to include dreadnoughts.

The only things I'd improve are the powers of the librarian, which are different from the standard one. And some new models for khan and librarian.

If you want to go radical, I'd skip tactical troops at the beginning and start with bikes instead. Alternatively it can be done with branches. Fortunately there's some info to have inspiration in the War Zone Damocles:Kauyon, where besides Tau, there's content about WS and Raven Guard*. WS don0t use many big vehicles. Probably just some of them like predators or razorbacks but refurbished with less hp and more velocity as a tradeoff.

*BTW, there's one person doing a Raven Guard mod, I can ask him how is the progress. Just to inform you so as not to step on his toes.

Edited by Roderick, 24 May 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#3 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:11 AM

Whoa!!

Race mod storm :twisted:

As I see it, each race mod must have a "dedicated" and capable leader, in order to be successful/fun-to-play/consistent.

I think we need a couple more coders in our team, that will act as leaders.

Currently, its Thud, jONES, Fuggles and me, and we are not ALL active ALL the time - it is impossible...

Verdict. We need more AE coders. Brother Chaoslord could be interested...

-In search of Papasmurf...

#4 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:32 AM

We (ok, I am), also need a PDF faction mod brainstorming. PDF should be able to played in regular skirmish, but it [my] mind will be used in scripted missions (kind of possible campaign)

Verdict. We need more AE coders. Brother Chaoslord could be interested...

it's pretty easy, but need methodical approach. Personally, I have my own Blood Ravens, Imperial Fists, Raven Guard and Wolf Lords partially coded, but also Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Salamanders :D.

Edited by jONES1979, 24 May 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#5 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

PDF is tricky as they're many similarities with the IG but in a "poorer" fashion... Personally no comissars but a retired one, malcadors replacing Leman russes and some civilian militia/gangs to start with. Remember that there's some HRM guard mod in progress that can have similarities too.

Just to consideration I have been tempted by thinking of doing a Cityfighting guard. There was even a proper approved list. The idea is that you have a mixed regiment army with the remains of former regiments that are surviving in the city along with local defensors and civilian militias. This is a good excuse to use different models of guardsmen all together without doing a full army for each of them. They have lost the original command structure and use to fight as an urban guerrilla, sharing the same colours. Expanding this idea it can be done one branch for urban combat and another for wilderness environment but with the same philosophy. What do you think?

However I prefer the non imperium first. You all care too much about Imperium... what happens with DG and EC, Black legion, Word bearers...?

Said so, nobody remember Iron Hands?

Edited by Roderick, 24 May 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#6 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

PDF are like a worse imperial guard, right? Mixed with adeptus arbites.

#7 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

You can always brainstorm them Roderick, pretty sure ec, eg and if were discontinued.

#8 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

malcadors replacing Leman russes

Malcadors are living relics of Heresy time, only oldest or proven IG regiments has them. Generic PDF can have them only those tanks were forgotten on planet and Munitorum does not know about them. I think so.

PDF are like a worse imperial guard, right? Mixed with adeptus arbites.

Yes, kind of. I suppose, using of adeptus arbites is forbidden, because those models are available only in WH mod.

Edited by jONES1979, 24 May 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#9 fuggles

fuggles

title available

• Members
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

I imagine they would be fond of static artillery, walls, emplacements.

#10 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

I imagine they would be fond of static artillery, walls, emplacements.

Emplaements like Wall of Martyrs for example. Also a model of a hydra AA but in static artillery is required or desirable to be made. http://warhammer40k..../Hydra_Platform

Edited by Roderick, 24 May 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#11 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

Whoa!!

Welcome to Death Korps of Kreig mod storm! :twisted:

TT Tactic overview: https://1d4chan.org/...ge_Regiment(7E) , https://www.frontlin...art-1-overview/

I already have bunch of models including Centaur :D

Edited by jONES1979, 01 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#12 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Whoa!!

Welcome to Death Korps of Kreig mod storm! :twisted:

TT Tactic overview: https://1d4chan.org/...ge_Regiment(7E) , https://www.frontlin...art-1-overview/

I already have bunch of models including Centaur :D

Waiting someone moves this to its own thread, I'd like to propose an eco mechanic. What if DKOK increases rate of requisition by own casualties? The idea is that they enforce wave attacks and in this way, if they fail they have a quicker recovering. This has the benefit of having something to expend in a defensive way in case they are losing (which is also fluffy because it makes them potentially more resilient); finally it has some masochistic flavour that fits with them as well.

jONES, show that centaur asap! Is it from Fedor_russia?

Edited by Roderick, 01 June 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#13 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:31 PM

jONES, show that centaur asap! Is it from Fedor_russia?

No, it is from OFPWH40K mod, I've got it via cooperation/collaboration agreement. I hope, I will be able to help them with dow-stuff in my turn.

Spoiler

Infantry models from DoW2, backported in 2012 year by man named NZXT. It seems I don't know him

Edited by jONES1979, 01 June 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#14 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:20 PM

I think I have seen models from these or other games browsing in images. Do they have the requirements in terms of polycount, animations, markers...?

#15 jONES1979

jONES1979

eL-jONESON

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

polycount is suitable, check my screenshott under spoiler. But it "just" the textured model. Everything else (animations, markers etc) must be made by dow-modders.

Edited by jONES1979, 01 June 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#16 Arzgul

Arzgul
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

I chime in the thread to say I have two WS archives here that I got long ago somewhere :)

Don't know if these are the same that brother Roderick has.

Theses archives are named "WhiteScarsFullmod.zip" (41.779Kb) and "White_Scars_mod_beta.rar" (166.788Kb).
Both modules files refers to version 1.0...

If they are different than brother Roderick's archives, I'd be happy to upload them somewhere ^^

Both version were provoking Fatal Scar error if I remember well.

#17 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

I could have a look into those if you guys want to. I have neither version, I think.

And by the way, long time ago Bagatur started a thread at RelicNews regarding white Scars, and there were some ideas tossed therein - some of mine as well.

And I also created a "draft" white scars taskbar for the mod's needs...

-In search of Papasmurf...

#18 Roderick

Roderick

3d models loota

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

I think they are the same as you refer, Arzgul, but I don't remember a scar error. Old versions have some interference with SM but eventually they were made independent and every content was in the mod folder. I uninstalled them months ago.

#19 Arzgul

Arzgul
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:15 PM

Ok all is good then ^^

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users