Photo

Kane's Wrath no player connection

con connection kw kanes wrath

Best Answer Phil, 25 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Your provider might be using "Dual Stack Lite", which means you have no native IPv4 address. That makes playing with other people almost impossible.

Please verify if that is the case and if so, ask your provider to give you a full "Dual Stack" configuration.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xNexus55

xNexus55
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

I have for some reasons simply no connection to any player in any lobby at all. Maybe a second a signal but nope.

I tried with several ports opened each time. Added to ingame option aswell + refreshing NAT.
UDP Ports: 8088-65535

UDP 16000

Even exposed host option as my router doesn't support dmz.. literally opening every port + dissabling my router firewall for this pc.

Checked Windows firewalls aswell, added C&C online launcher. Tried it with and without hook(not sure what it does though)

I know I had connection to the server like half year ago with my old crabby internet which was a simple LTE internet stick connected to a router. ( Easybox 703a ) This one had even harder port forwarding issues...

My current internet is from Kabel Deutschland(germany) - Fritz!box 6490 Bable (kdg) - DSL connection down 26,5Mbit/s -up  1,1Mbit/s - Usually game pings around 40 and hardly ever connection problems anywhere.

Normal retail CD C&C3 Tiberium wars with newest patch + Kane's Wrath with 1.02.
Windows 7 Professional 64

NATNegTest Result says I don't even need to portforward.. http://puu.sh/p56ON/749da75789.png

Wondering if I'm missing something now.. So far only found 2 person  with who I had a connection in a lobbyotherwise nope.

Edited by xNexus55, 25 May 2016 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:26 PM   Best Answer

Your provider might be using "Dual Stack Lite", which means you have no native IPv4 address. That makes playing with other people almost impossible.

Please verify if that is the case and if so, ask your provider to give you a full "Dual Stack" configuration.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#3 xNexus55

xNexus55
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

Never expected such a good answer at all! It was actually on Dual Stack Lite. Just called my provider support and  now I'm waiting for Full DS configuration in the next 24h or once the router turns off.

Edit: Just checked. Finally got a IPv4 Adress. Gonna now check online

Edited by xNexus55, 26 May 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#4 xNexus55

xNexus55
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

So just succesfully hosted a tower defense match.  And most get a con after short waiting. Thanks alot Force Majeure

#5 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

Glad to know it's working!

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#6 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:01 PM

Hi, i have similar problem. I can connect to the server, i see players in lobby and i have connection with certain players(played with no problems), but most of the players can't connect to me and vice versa. My ping is always good, internet D50/U100Mbit. I added exception in the firewall(Eset Smart Security). Any ideas?

My ISP said that they isung only IPv4, IPv6 not used, and all setting is automatic.

NATNegTest gives me negative(Failure), and that i need to create port forwarding. Could you please tell me how to configure this "Port triggering"?

img.png

Edited by Quant, 07 June 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#7 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:28 PM

So, any help?

#8 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

You really should have made your own topic for this as this topic is marked as solved and you clearly have a different problem to the OP.

For Kane's Wrath you need to forward UDP ports 8088-65535 (Not TCP) to your computer. Presumably "inet/veip0.1" is the name of the network card on your computer? If that does not work for you, you need to make your own topic. Please note though, that you are far better placed than we are to find instructions on the use of your router and that those can vary markedly. I suggest, if you have problems setting up the forwarding that you google the router model for instructions before you post.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#9 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

Thank you for your time and info. Yes, i probably should make my own topic, sorry for the mess. "inet/veip0.1" is the WAN Interface in subscriber terminal ELTEX NTP-2. Now I,m trying to get the answer from manufacturer forum, because for some reasons i can't create a rule in that "router".

If you want, you can delete my posts.

#10 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

Before you go, if nobody else in your household is playing games on the network, it might be easier to set your computer (or its network card) as the DMZ. You should check to see if your router can do that.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#11 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

Thanks, I'll try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users