No connection with most players in KW

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hi, i have problem. I can connect to the server, i see players in lobby and i have connection with certain players(played with no problems), but most of the players can't connect to me and vice versa. My ping is always good, internet D50/U100Mbit. I added exception in the firewall.

My ISP said that they using only IPv4, IPv6 not used, and all setting is automatic and no blocked ports. Also they adviced me to enable External Static IP. (but some other players playing perfectly without one)

NATNegTest gives me negative(Failure), and that i need to create port forwarding. So i tried to create port forwarding, but it doesn't work, nothing happens. DMZ not working too.

So any ideas ?

My config: Windows 10 64bit, Eset Smart Security 9.0.381.0, Eltex ONT NTP-2(router).

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:19 AM

What ports did you forward? Please could you show the settings in here?

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#3 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

Virtual servers: internal port start-end - 8088-65535, external port start-end 8088-65535, protocol UDP, Server IP address - 192.168.10.3(by DHCP server)

#4 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

I and my friend have similar problem. We bought in Origin C&C the Ultimate Collection, download C&C-online, register, download C&C Ultimate Collection Launchers.

We can login to lobby but we have problem with connection between us and other players.

I use Orange FunBox 1.0 , 20 Mbit internet. When i try to (I think i do it right) forward port i cant to login to lobby.

We have try almoust 6h to solve problem but still nothing. 

Please give us some advice or solution will be nice :)

#5 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

If your port forwarding stops you getting into the lobby, you have probably forwarded TCP (you should forward only UDP). It might be easier to set your computer as the DMZ (so long as there is only one of you playing from the same connection at a time).

You should run this test without port forwarding or setting a DMZ first:

Please follow these steps:

• Disable all port forwarding and DMZ in your router.
  • Download my new diagnostic tool here: http://server.cnc-on.../NATNegTest.rar
  • Extract it into a folder and double-click on the .bat file.
  • Paste the output here.

#6 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

DMZ was off

Edited by AthemAlkarian, 12 June 2016 - 07:21 PM.

#7 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

Virtual servers: internal port start-end - 8088-65535, external port start-end 8088-65535, protocol UDP, Server IP address - 192.168.10.3(by DHCP server)

Those setting look right to me. Please could you do two things:

1) Check that the forwarding settings again, go into the game and then check that the IP address shown in Options->Settings->Network is the same address shown as the Server address in the forwarding settings.

2) Run the NatNeg test

Please follow these steps:

• Disable all port forwarding and DMZ in your router.
  • Download my new diagnostic tool here: http://server.cnc-on.../NATNegTest.rar
  • Extract it into a folder and double-click on the .bat file.
  • Paste the output here.

Please do that just to be sure.

@AthemAlkarian

Please could you upload those screen shots into a post on here. I can't (and won't :p) access them from that site.

#8 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:54 PM

1) Yes, same IP 192.168.10.3

2)

Using server nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Bound to local port 58771
Bound to local alternate port 58772
Resolving hostname 'nntest.cnc-online.net'...
Resolved server host to be '37.247.49.213'
Sending client INIT from port 58771 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT [220633]
Our public address is 109.172.98.114:47593
Sending client INIT2 [220633] from port 58772 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server INIT2 [220633]
Our alternate public address is 109.172.98.114:47596
Sending cient START [220633] from port 58772 to nntest.cnc-online.net:30000
Received server START [220633]
Server extra port is 40000
Sending client PING [220633] from port 58771 to nntest.cnc-online.net:40000

===========
  FAILURE
===========
Failed to receive any pings from nntest.cnc-online.net:40000.
It appears your router and/or connection is not capable of NAT negotiation.
==> You will need to use port forwarding and possibly configure a static port.
Press any key to continue . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) 
ping.jpg
ping_2.jpg
4)Maybe this will help. as far as i know uTorrent use p2p too, so its automatically create rules when active. Here:
rules.jpg

Edited by Quant, 12 June 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#9 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

I tried add here pics but button image want url no file from PC

#10 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

Some screenshots can be in my language so if something cant be understand i will try to translate it somehow.

DMZ off

Capture.png

Capture2.png

#11 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:23 AM

I'll get a Polish speaker in here, but you clearly have something set up badly wrong if you cannot connect to the ping server.

#12 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:20 AM

Polish speaker will be nice :) He will prpbably know Orange and it FunBox...

Knowing my luck it is something simple but i cant see it.

#13 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:04 AM

No solution? 

#14 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:36 AM

Our resident Polish speaker was going to post in here.    I'll hurry him up.

No solution? 

Sorry about that slight delay.     Please could you try disabling the Firewall entirely (just temporarily) to see if that helps?     I have to say though, that if some players can connect, it is more likely to be a quality of service issue (eg there is noise on the line which is causing incoming packets to be lost).     Could you make sure that there are as few sources of electrical interference (mains cables) near the connection from the street to your modem.   

#15 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

Don't be sorry, its ok. I did disable firewall, many times, it doesn't help. I have connection(good) with the same(exact) players always, no matter if firewall is off or port forwarding, that is the weird thing. I don't think this is "quality of service issue" because there is no errors in the statistics of the router, not in the optical interface(optical fiber) or WAN or LAN. 

#16 ~AngelOfDeath~

~AngelOfDeath~

GameReplays Staff

• Project Team
  • 1,892 posts
  •  Mangozjeb i Otakurwa xD

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

OK, Sorry za spóźnienie. Mógłbyś mi powiedzieć, co dokładnie próbowałeś naprawić na własną rękę podczas gdy jeszcze nie zrobiłeś tutaj tematu? Błędy wynikające z problemów z połączeniem mogą być skutkiem nieprawidłowym ustawień.

Chciałbym na początek, żebyś przywrócił ustawienia swojego routera do ustawień fabrycznych abyśmy mogli mieć czysty obszar działania.

Edited by ~AngelOfDeath~, 16 June 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#17 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

OK, Sorry za spóźnienie. Mógłbyś mi powiedzieć, co dokładnie próbowałeś naprawić na własną rękę podczas gdy jeszcze nie zrobiłeś tutaj tematu? Błędy wynikające z problemów z połączeniem mogą być skutkiem nieprawidłowym ustawień.

Chciałbym na początek, żebyś przywrócił ustawienia swojego routera do ustawień fabrycznych abyśmy mogli mieć czysty obszar działania.

He does understand English(do you?) btw, but I don't understand Polish. So is there any way to check what causing connection problems?

As a last resort I could try to enable External Static IP, but its not free and like I said before, some people have no problems with connection without one.

#18 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  •  I have blue text?

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

He does understand English(do you?) btw, but I don't understand Polish. So is there any way to check what causing connection problems?

As a last resort I could try to enable External Static IP, but its not free and like I said before, some people have no problems with connection without one.

I believe that he has an entirely different issue (it's a pity that both of you are sharing this topic).    I really don't think that a static external IP is going to help you.    If you can connect to some people easily but not others, there are very few things that could be causing the problem and (despite what you say about error counts) a quality issue somewhere is the most likely.    I confess that I am short of ideas at the moment (if it's not a quality issue).    Can you see any common factor amongst the players that you can connect with easily?    

#19 AthemAlkarian

AthemAlkarian
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

W sumie to od samego początku były problemy, zanim zacząłem próby.

W sumie to dużo nie zrobiłem (w FunBoxie to chyba nawet nic).
DMZ                                      - wyłączony
Zapora sieciowa na FunBox  - średni

DHCP                                    - aktywny [statyczny IP dla komputera z którego korzystam]

NAT/PAT                                - z tego co widzę brak

DNS                                      - ustawione

UPnP IGD                              - Włączone

Dynamiczny DNS                  - z tego co widzę brak ustawień

Na kompie wyłączyłem zaporę oraz dodawałem wyjątki dla C&C-online oraz chyba gier.

Starałem się postępować dokładnie jak w instrukcji przy instalacji.

#20 Quant

Quant
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

ToxicShock

First of all, have you done something? Because suddenly I was having a good(yellow) connection with all(many, played with six players), until I restarted the game. And about common factor, no I don't see it because, I didn't ask all people about their configuration, but I did ask some of them and there is no pattern, different locations, routers.

I don't understand, the server always shows that I have good(yellow) connection, same with some of the players, why not all(most) of them? Something is blocking me to the others, if it is not the server...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users