#1 Pavey(Thrandy)

Pavey(Thrandy)
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:Nothing
  •  Toilet

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hello Revorians!

I just downloaded 3DS Max 8 and I wanted to model some stuff but 3DS says it's missing a .dll

Here's the message it says:
jTQBvqx.png

Although I downloaded "acdb16.dll" from here https://www.dll-file...acdb16.dll.html

Also I use Windows 10 64-bit.

'We Fixed the Thrandy bug.Don't reimplement the Thrandy bug,Pasidon.' - Dunedain Ranger , RiderOfRohan

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

3ds Max 8 will not work correctly on Windows 10.

You have a couple different options:

Simply use an older version of Windows. Last known stable version for 3ds Max 8 is Windows 7 I believe.

Have a second partition/virtual machine to install another copy of Windows on the same computer and use that for modding programs.

What I do is I use a virtual machine with a copy of Windows 7 on it. I have 3ds Max 8 on there as well as a few other basic applications. I also have a newer copy of Max on my main system with Windows 10 where I do all my main modelling and texturing work. When I am done with my model/skin I export it into a obj and import it into Max 8 on the Virtual Machine where I will rig and export it using the correct settings. Bingo BFME ready models. And I even get to use better more advanced/stable software to make my art.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 Pavey(Thrandy)

Pavey(Thrandy)
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:Nothing
  •  Toilet

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

I think we can use W3D Import\Export tools on 3DS Max 2015.I tried it last year on my laptop.It had the option and I could import stuff.I don't remember if I exported anything.

'We Fixed the Thrandy bug.Don't reimplement the Thrandy bug,Pasidon.' - Dunedain Ranger , RiderOfRohan

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:49 PM

I have not found a functioning export tool for a recent version of Max. Importing does work fine though.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#5 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

Open the program in compatibility mode, and it should be fine. Preferably, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". Might have the occasional bug or error thrown at you, but I've always found them to be few and far between.

As aforementioned, though, you're probably better off working in a newer release of Max / Maya and simply using Max 8 to rig and export. You'll have less headache in the long run.

Edited by Pixel, 30 June 2016 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users