7 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

The website "Comsumerist.com" isn't doing it last year and probably this year. The bracket and event came was when March Madness came around with randomized websites doing random brackets, including "The Worst Company in America" bracket. Two years ago, it was Comcast, but now I am giving Frontier and Verizon to be worse than Comcast due to what happened to Verizon moving out of the telephone/internet operations to Frontier for California, Texas and Florida. It's so unbelievable that many outraged customers wind up getting tons of complaints.

Then there comes Charter which bought Time Warner Cable, but their customer service is worse than TWC. Almost every once a week, I keep getting harassed by Charter ads asking me to join them for a 3-year bundle deal and I have ignored them. It is most likely I pick Frontier, Charter and Comcast to be my top three worst with Frontier as the top pick.

As for EA in the past, forget about them though. For Comcast, they are still struggling with PR and customer service/support through this year: http://www.fool.com/...s-than-att.aspx and http://www.cinemable...icy-105657.html

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:55 PM

I don't see what's wrong with Comcast.  I've been using their service for years, and I live in the middle of Nowhere, USA.  I think it's great they take the time to give folks far away from towns and cities decent internet coverage when no one else will.  And it's not that crappy limited internet hogwash.

And EA has been behaving itself recently.  I wouldn't put them on that bracket again just yet.  Blizzard, on the other hand...

#3 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

Fuck the Consumerist. Bunch of morons there. They allow EA to be the worst company of the year over worse companies. Their "worst company of the year" is just who's more butthurt that year.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:16 AM

To be fair, butthurting customers isn't a great business practice.

#5 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:04 PM

It's not but when the butthurt is for stupid reasons, it's not very accurate for genuinely shitty business practices.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:02 PM

Welp, Apple is probably a fair contender at the moment. Having won a shitton of points for giving the FBI the big fuck-you, it then emerges that it paid less in tax on its profits than probably any of its fucking workers paid on their wages.

Way to go Apple - you make shitty super-expensive phones, and then you don't even have the decency to pay the tax you're due.

Facebook and Amazon can fuck off too for the same reason.

#7 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

Hands down the worst company ever in America is the Federal Reserve. I would gladly butcher every single last one of them.

Edited by DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr, 01 September 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#8 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

I don't think Apple is all that bad.  They just make really weird, overpriced products that don't work with anything but their own junk.  But Amazon... I have no idea what level of nonsense is happening in that executive board room.  "Let's buy shipping companies, streaming websites, make online web series, and development rights to video game hardware, then let's not do anything with these things."  And their logo is stupid.  It's the Frankenstein of 21st century businesses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users