• Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

"Video title: Team Rage Hammer- Life is Strange

Copyrighted song: To All of You

Claimed by: Believe Music"

I've been working with YouTube for years now, and this crap just gets more convoluted with double standards.  One of my recent Team Rage Hammers has been flagged for copyright content for a silly song that appeared naturally in the game's introduction screen.  The first 5 minutes of the game...  I've got a massive problem with this.  

One: Why is Life is Strange setting up an unavoidable copyright issue with YouTubers that want to show off their game?  It's a stupid video game... people make videos on them all the time.  Especially the first 5 minutes to show it off and give FREE ADVERTISING to the game and its mechanics.  

Two: Why do bigger channels get away with crap like this?  I guarantee if I take a second to gander around YouTube, I can find a hundred big channels that played the first 5 minutes of the game and got away with it, and I betcha they can even run adds on these videos.  

Three: How the heck is there a claim when I was talking over 60% of the song, and I didn't even let the whole thing play?  Sake...

I'm not entirely sure how these claims are filed, but YouTube absolutely does not punish some people for the same content.  It's asinine and I'm getting very tired of fighting for my content when it's unnecessary.  They can go lick a brick for this crap. 

#2 TheWankBank

TheWankBank
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  •  What am I doing here?

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

It's a sad thing man, apparently they are improving it. *coughs*lies*coughs*

iy2vXkp.png

Games -

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2/3 and Yuri's Revenge

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars/ Kane's Wrath/ and Sun

Command and Conquer Generals and Zero hour

#3 Pavey(Thrandy)

Pavey(Thrandy)
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Projects:Nothing
  •  Toilet

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:36 PM

You know that guy MessYourself. EVERYTHING HE USES IS COPYRIGHTED! EVERY SONG! He gets away with it somehow.

Youtube staff are some lazy assholes.

'We Fixed the Thrandy bug.Don't reimplement the Thrandy bug,Pasidon.' - Dunedain Ranger , RiderOfRohan

#4 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:53 PM

Some people actually change the pitch / speed of songs by a hairpin margin so YouTube doesn't detect copyright material. If YouTube wants to change anything, slag these people that are getting money and subscribers from stealing other people's music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users