zero hour log in issue gentool

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

Hi, I recently downloaded the Gentool Extension to play with a friend, as far as i can tell Gentool is installed and working fine as the Gentool "splash" comes up when the game starts, Im playing on windows 10 and have the origin version of the game from the ultimate collection. but the thing that perplexes me is that the friend i am trying to play with has the exact version i have and his is working flawlessly. I have tried disabling my antivirus, running as administrator and with compatibility for windows 7 and still the same issue persists "Cannot connect to C&C online"

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

1) Use compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3, not Windows 7.
2) Have (both of you) used Bibber's fixed TUC launchers (available from the Common Solutions thread) after disabling Origin In-Game for all installed TUC games?

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

I have tried to download Bibbers tools but the site has been down for maintenance since last night when i posted, is it possible to obtain it from another mirror? i'll try windows xp compatibility fix in the meantime

Edit: looked around and found another mirror for the tools, will try that now and let you know

Further Edit: Have Tried both the compatibility fix and the Bibbers tools, neither has worked and i'm still getting the issue.

Edited by Bomtaker01, 31 July 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#4 Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:01 PM

Tried opening ports this morning in both my firewall and my router, That also didn't have any effect still cant connect to zero hour online, so ill just try a clean install of Zero hour and generals and see if that will work might also uninstall and reinstall gen tool too just to be sure

Edit: A Fresh install worked for a little while but we were unable to connect to each other, after closing the game down and seeing if there was a fix, i start the game up again after not touching anything settings wise at all and it went back to not letting me log in with that "could not connect" deal

Edited by Bomtaker01, 31 July 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#5 Bomtaker01

Bomtaker01
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Strangely enough i fixed the issue again by deleting the options.ini file in my documents seems to work. Bit frustrating that ill have to delete this file whenever i have this issue but hopefully this information might help someone else having this issue or maybe a fix can be found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users