18 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:08 AM

Hi. Its hard to re-write the strategies of the Meteor Shower mode. When you need is to keep focusing on the defenses. More AAs, more AGs and mostly, aerial sweep or naval attack for offense or even defense.

In the settings before the start of the game, you must follow these rules (Blue texts for Pros and Red texts for Cons.):

• Must be 2-6 player map. It's challenging if you play 5-8 player map because it is impossible to beat but for slow computers, you might get lower framerate if you play an 8 player map. It's better if you to play a 2 player map so that it would be Meteor Shower 1 on 1.
  • 50000 credits.
  • Must be 10 units.
  • No Superweapons. I disabled them.
  • Any AI difficulty. Easy AI and Normal AI is easier, Mental AI could be challenging for you.
  • It depends if you enable or disable Short Game and bonus Crates vice-versa.
  • Keep MCV Repacks on, for Phase 2 strategies.

In the game, the battlefield would be challenging for you. You might have these strategies, follow these steps so your enemies' ground and aerial forces are impossible to penetrate through your team's base:

Phase 1: Base Defense

• In the start, the AI rushes, use attack dogs to kill early spies. If you are playing Allied, use Robot Tanks. For Soviet, use Terror Drones. For Epsilon, use Stingers, make sure the Stingers in the normal form in Tank Bunkers near on the enemies' spies' path.
  • Surround your base with early defenses or walls.
  • Build 3 or more War Factories to increase factory bonus. It would be faster if you are playing Soviet when you built an Industrial Plant to reduce the production cost and build faster.
  • BEWARE OF INVADING FORCES: Just to remind to fortify defenses with AAs and AGs on the path where your enemies move.
  • Build Prism Towers nearby to link up with the other Prism Towers, this what you called the Link-Up Strategy, only applies to all Allied subfactions (United States, Euro Alliance or Pacific Front) or if you have a stolen Allied MCV with you if you are playing Soviet or Epsilon.
  • Build 2 or more Mind Readers to read your enemies' forces' minds where to attack you, only applies to PsiCorps.
  • It is optional to block enemies' path with walls and gates. Aerial sweepers are also an option to clear a path for Phase 2.
  • Build one (1) MCV for Phase 2.
  • Build any number of units and clear the trees, stoplights or any destructible terrain objects to clear a path for the MCV for the expansion.

In the end this is what you get in the mid-game, which is moving on to Phase 2:

SCRN.20160611-142258-00383.jpg?psid=1

SCRN.20160806-171928-00806.jpg?psid=1

SCRN.20160809-185122-00556.jpg?psid=1

Phase 2: Base Expansion

• Find a flat place for an MCV to deploy and expand the outpost with power plants (Power Plants for Allied, Tesla Reactors for Soviet, and Bio Reactors for Epsilon).
  • Capture any number of Oil Derricks. Tech Oil Derricks may also help you earn money for building defenses and units. It's important to defend them and fortify them rather than leaving them alone.
  • Follow the at least number of defenses: 8 AA's, 12 AG's. For Soviet and Epsilon, 6 Bunkers.
  • In case of invading forces during expansion, bring your expansion MCV safely to base and use your remaining forces to clear any bulking enemies' forces. Once the task is complete, continue the expansion safely. Or if the task is incomplete and your few defenses are taking damage, sell them immediately until it's over, continue the expansion when any bulking enemies' forces are destroyed.
  • It's important to maintain the repairs of the defenses, otherwise, consequences may follow.
  • Tech Defenses is a plus, capture and fortify them immediately. This task is completely optional.

This is what you get once the expansion is complete:

SCRN.20160809-191830-00783.jpg?psid=1

SCRN.20160810-211838-00779.jpg?psid=1

SCRN.20160812-182040-00965.jpg?psid=1

Once you followed this steps, you completed the two phases. Finish any enemies' base with an aerial, ground and/or naval attack wave.

TOPIC CHANGELOG:

• 08-12-16: Added Phase 2 to remaster the Meteor Shower Mode.
  • 08-09-16: Remastered the game setting rules and Phase 1 strategies.
  • 08-03-16: This topic was created for players who didn't know how to play the Meteor Shower Mode in Mental Omega.

Edited by Eric, 22 December 2016 - 03:27 AM.

#2 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 03 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

Woah bro you definitely don't speak english. AND NEITHER DO I!!!! Ahh the Meteor Storm mode. Holy fuck, its basically the Mental difficulty AI, with like, what? 5 TIMES FACTORY BONUS? The AI Unit CLONING CHEAT?

The AI builds like 5 units at once. So, instead of the normal "Mental" difficulty AI only producing two or so tanks every interval, the Meteor AI produces SEVEN PLUS or so tanks at the same time? Amirite? How the fuck does this cheating bastard computer work?

If you're going up against AI, set it to 50 starting units. You already have 50 grand starting cash, so, why not? Otherwise its tedious to beat the AI.

#3 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

If you're going up against AI, set it to 50 starting units. You already have 50 grand starting cash, so, why not? Otherwise its tedious to beat the AI.

That mod doesn't have it's setting to 50 starting units in the settings before the start of the game. All that is changed is just the Credits setting from 5K to 50K. That photo that I posted means I was playing a Meteor Shower mode on Bay War which is a two player map. Basically it's AI's difficulty that I played against is Normal and randomized the subfaction and color, and I was playing PsiCorps. Strategies. Lot of strategies.

Any other questions about this?

#4 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

You didn't answer my questions. My point is: in addition to to having 50K credits, YOU MIGHT AS WELL SET STARTING UNITS TO 50 TO IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF SURVIVAL.

It just makes sense.

#5 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

At this point, the only answer is that there is no way to change that setting, you have only have a option to have from 0 up to 10 units at the start of the game. But I would not recommend to change the settings in the .ini files, if you know how, that would be re-modding MO. But on the flip side, that would the RA2MO.ini file would be the main settings but the other MO .ini files is a kept secret.

Formally I'm a modder of Yuri's Revenge. I wouldn't do the modding outside MO if I were you.

#6 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

Oh sorry, I meant 20, not 50. My bad.

But still, thats more than 10. Set the starting units to the maximum, you can get more than 10. 20 is the max. Move that slider all the way to the right. It just makes it a more fair fight.

You've got to fight. To your right. To parrrrrrr-tey. 

#7 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:11 AM

Oh sorry, I meant 20, not 50. My bad.

But still, thats more than 10. Set the starting units to the maximum, you can get more than 10. 20 is the max. Move that slider all the way to the right. It just makes it a more fair fight.

20 units isn't on the settings. The starting units settings never change from Red Alert 2 to Mental Omega 3.0 BR1, unless 2.0psi can have up to 20 units in the start of the game. But 2.0psi doesn't have Meteor Shower mode.

#8 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:52 AM

I think you should fire up the game (3.0 BR1) right now and see for yourself, bub.

#9 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

I think you should fire up the game (3.0 BR1) right now and see for yourself, bub.

It could be a good idea. I already did today or tonight.

Map name: Ice Age (2-6)

Players:

Euro Alliance (me)

China (comp-normal)

PsiCorps (comp-normal)

Time completed at: 58:06

For screenshots, click the spoiler (image heavy) 1 of 2

Spoiler

#10 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

Screenshots part 2 of 2, click for spoiler

Spoiler

I managed to get defense strategies with GIs and GGIs. Also in the mid-game went for Prism Towers, Patriots and GCs. When I have the Stolen Epsilon MCV, I expanded the defenses with Tank Bunkers, Railgun Towers and Antares Batteries.

I used 24 Barracudas instead of 8 because the base was so widely large and also I tried to destroy the ConYards, they build MORE. Same thing for Basilisks.

In the end, I managed to destroyed all the enemies' factories before it gets the situation worse.

How about you, trying to play this mode?

Edited by Eric, 06 August 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#11 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Aye, 'tis a hard mode to win. On the Map Toxicity

Me and 3 mental AIs, vs 4 mental AIs. I haven't beat it yet. So many fucking units to fight! Tanks everywhere, ships and subs everywhere, aircraft everywhere, infantry swarming everywhere.

#12 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

8-player map? How many minutes did you finish that game? It's impossible to have to play with 8 players because of slow framerate for slow computers. But for faster computers, it could be better.

When I play a game, I always check the framerate on the bottom right of my screen in the mid-game. There is a setting a hotkey for Framerate at the Options > Keyboard > Development. Always check your framerate every game even when it's an 8-player Meteor Shower game.

#13 MusketMarine

MusketMarine

Professional MCV Hijacker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Cerebral Cascade, Hidden Allegiances
  •  LibraPsiCucks

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:02 AM

You're going to need a comet fence for all those meteors.

(jk)

But I recommend using alot of prism towers.

#14 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

(jk)

The Euro Alliance Comet Fence is rendered useless in the game, and replaced with Coordnode for 3.3. Also I made a lot of Prism Towers, I always make the towers link up for Prism Forwarding nearby. Prism Towers + Prism Forwarding logic = The Link-Up Strategy for Prism Towers.

#15 MusketMarine

MusketMarine

Professional MCV Hijacker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Projects:Cerebral Cascade, Hidden Allegiances
  •  LibraPsiCucks

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:48 AM

(jk)

The Euro Alliance Comet Fence is rendered useless in the game, and replaced with Coordnode for 3.3. Also I made a lot of Prism Towers, I always make the towers link up for Prism Forwarding nearby. Prism Towers + Prism Forwarding logic = The Link-Up Strategy for Prism Towers.

I was making a joke with the comet fence part, but it's good that you're using alot of prism towers.

#16 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

Just edited the first post, phase 2 will be added soon, please check the first post.

#17 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:24 AM

Yup. Meteor Shower is the next mode to practice on. I can fight off and kill Mental AIs, but the Meteor Mentals? GOD DAMN! When we got online back, I wanna play in a player vs Meteor AI match. 4 humans versus 4 Meteor Mental AIs.

#18 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:38 AM

Yup. Meteor Shower is the next mode to practice on. I can fight off and kill Mental AIs, but the Meteor Mentals? GOD DAMN! When we got online back, I wanna play in a player vs Meteor AI match. 4 humans versus 4 Meteor Mental AIs.

Which is in case, you have to wait for the next release for CnCnet 5. CnCnet 4 is permanently down. :shiftee:

#19 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:57 PM

TOPIC CHANGELOG:
  • 08-12-16: Added Phase 2 to complete the Meteor Shower strategies.
  • 08-09-16: Remastered the game setting rules and Phase 1 strategies.
  • 08-03-16: This topic was created for players who didn't know how to play the Meteor Shower Mode in Mental Omega.

Reedited for Phase 2, please check the first post if you will. Remastering this strategy for 3.3 featuring the Foehn Revolt coming soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users