Hi. Its hard to re-write the strategies of the Meteor Shower mode. When you need is to keep focusing on the defenses. More AAs, more AGs and mostly, aerial sweep or naval attack for offense or even defense.
In the settings before the start of the game, you must follow these rules (Blue texts for Pros and Red texts for Cons.):
- Must be 2-6 player map. It's challenging if you play 5-8 player map because it is impossible to beat but for slow computers, you might get lower framerate if you play an 8 player map. It's better if you to play a 2 player map so that it would be Meteor Shower 1 on 1.
- 50000 credits.
- Must be 10 units.
- No Superweapons. I disabled them.
- Any AI difficulty. Easy AI and Normal AI is easier, Mental AI could be challenging for you.
- It depends if you enable or disable Short Game and bonus Crates vice-versa.
- Keep MCV Repacks on, for Phase 2 strategies.
In the game, the battlefield would be challenging for you. You might have these strategies, follow these steps so your enemies' ground and aerial forces are impossible to penetrate through your team's base:
Phase 1: Base Defense
- In the start, the AI rushes, use attack dogs to kill early spies. If you are playing Allied, use Robot Tanks. For Soviet, use Terror Drones. For Epsilon, use Stingers, make sure the Stingers in the normal form in Tank Bunkers near on the enemies' spies' path.
- Surround your base with early defenses or walls.
- Build 3 or more War Factories to increase factory bonus. It would be faster if you are playing Soviet when you built an Industrial Plant to reduce the production cost and build faster.
- BEWARE OF INVADING FORCES: Just to remind to fortify defenses with AAs and AGs on the path where your enemies move.
- Build Prism Towers nearby to link up with the other Prism Towers, this what you called the Link-Up Strategy, only applies to all Allied subfactions (United States, Euro Alliance or Pacific Front) or if you have a stolen Allied MCV with you if you are playing Soviet or Epsilon.
- Build 2 or more Mind Readers to read your enemies' forces' minds where to attack you, only applies to PsiCorps.
- It is optional to block enemies' path with walls and gates. Aerial sweepers are also an option to clear a path for Phase 2.
- Build one (1) MCV for Phase 2.
- Build any number of units and clear the trees, stoplights or any destructible terrain objects to clear a path for the MCV for the expansion.
In the end this is what you get in the mid-game, which is moving on to Phase 2:
Phase 2: Base Expansion
- Find a flat place for an MCV to deploy and expand the outpost with power plants (Power Plants for Allied, Tesla Reactors for Soviet, and Bio Reactors for Epsilon).
- Capture any number of Oil Derricks. Tech Oil Derricks may also help you earn money for building defenses and units. It's important to defend them and fortify them rather than leaving them alone.
- Follow the at least number of defenses: 8 AA's, 12 AG's. For Soviet and Epsilon, 6 Bunkers.
- In case of invading forces during expansion, bring your expansion MCV safely to base and use your remaining forces to clear any bulking enemies' forces. Once the task is complete, continue the expansion safely. Or if the task is incomplete and your few defenses are taking damage, sell them immediately until it's over, continue the expansion when any bulking enemies' forces are destroyed.
- It's important to maintain the repairs of the defenses, otherwise, consequences may follow.
- Tech Defenses is a plus, capture and fortify them immediately. This task is completely optional.
This is what you get once the expansion is complete:
Once you followed this steps, you completed the two phases. Finish any enemies' base with an aerial, ground and/or naval attack wave.
- 08-12-16: Added Phase 2 to remaster the Meteor Shower Mode.
- 08-09-16: Remastered the game setting rules and Phase 1 strategies.
- 08-03-16: This topic was created for players who didn't know how to play the Meteor Shower Mode in Mental Omega.
Edited by Eric, 22 December 2016 - 03:27 AM.