Photo

Favorite units quote in MO and other RTS?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

what are your 3 favorite unit one liners in MO? and other RTS?

for me (MO):

Siege cadre: "Taste the rainbow!" this one cracks me up whenever I hear it because of how true to RA it is. It reminds me of how ridiculous RA is meant to be, which is what makes it great fun.

Warhawk: "No, I don't like you either.": reminds me of the tongue-in-cheek attitude and confidence most US units (and people) give off. to the voice actor: bravo!

Oxidizer: "Stop Shining!" : Another hilarious one for me, especially after seeing kirovs go down in droves to a few of these and some gatling tanks.  

Other RTS:

(RA3 Twinblade) Its was terrible, I know, but I got the ultimate edition for c&c 3 and RA2 and generals... and i got board... don't judge me! But i digress; the line is: "say goodbye maggots" and the chilling delivery plus the really good RA3 soundtrack sends chills down my spine whenever I hear it. I am REALLY sad this line did not make it into MO in some way :( 

(ROTR Heavy Sniper): "You see this thing? It wreks people"  ROTR, a mod for generals: zero hour has been blessed with a great development team and great voice actors. I think we all can see why this one it neat. it gives the unit some character, which is so much better that the generic tones found in some RTS games.

(SC2 Hellion): "F**K the tires, let's light some fires!" I don't know why, this one always registered so well with me, but I love it.

Honorable mention: Any Apocalypse tank line. Y'all know why.

ANYWAY.... why this thread you asked? Because I heard that seoras is voicing the new EVA. and he is awesome. very awesome. 

#2 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:55 AM

Reseph: "A downfall of those who oppose Yuri!"

Irkalla: "They will watch..."

Barrrrrracuda: "This is only the beginning..."

Should be much more because there are some gems in Mental Omega VO, but can't recall everything right now.

In C&C3 it'd be the entire voice set of Nod Stealth Tank, Flame Tank, Vertigo Bomber (flight check complete!) and GDI Orca Fighter, I'm enjoying these VOs in TI while they are still there.

In ROTR:

RF Kodiak tank: "Look at them... barely alive, FIRE AGAIN!"

RF Black Bear (from 1.87) "BLACK BEAR! REMEMBER THE NAME!" and the rest of lines are awesome too, voiced by Seoras btw.

US Acolyte tank: "Time to earn your kick fellas!"

and much more than that.

Btw, Warhawk voice is not a custom one but most likely borrowed from our "beloved" C&C4. Rejuvenator, Reaper and Driller voices are from there.

#3 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:06 PM

The Flamethrower guy. Can I get a transcript of everything he says? At one point I thought I heard him say "I hate my fucking life".

His voice is too muffled, I can't understand him, so he's probably swearing like Kenny does in South Park.

#4 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:16 AM

The Flamethrower guy. Can I get a transcript of everything he says? At one point I thought I heard him say "I hate my fucking life".

His voice is too muffled, I can't understand him, so he's probably swearing like Kenny does in South Park.

You misheard the voice that says "I hate my terrible life." So terrible. :laugh:

And I forgot about my favorite quote of Libra, she said "The floor is lava!" Ha ha, classic. :thumbsuphappy:

#5 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

You misheard the voice that says "I hate my terrible life." So terrible. :laugh:

And I forgot about my favorite quote of Libra, she said "The floor is lava!" Ha ha, classic. :thumbsuphappy:
I never got that Libra reference.

#6 Eggrollz

Eggrollz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

Wolfhound: "Thunderous skies over mother Russia", "Not bark, BITE!"

Battle Fortress: "Roooolling thunderrrrr" "CHAAAARGE"

Abrams Tank: "I don't believe in non lethal force", "Show them stars so we can earn stripes"

Pyro: "I hate my fucking life", "ARGHHHHHH *CRYING SOUND*" when he dies man I mean that scream is fucking epic :p

My very own C&C channel on youtube :thumbsuphappy: : https://www.youtube....XmKDAwiw/videos

#7 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:10 PM

How did your opponent get the Abrams tanks while playing EA, was there a tech lab on this map?

#8 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

wrong thread, but yes that is how he did it.

#9 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

What the actual f.... how did I even reply that to this thread instead? Probably summer overheat :D

Edited by Damfoos, 12 August 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#10 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

"If I have to do this, I'll do this right." ~Yunru.

Damn right she will.

#11 Seoras

Seoras
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Many many things....
  •  Voice Actor for Hire

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

RF Black Bear (from 1.87) "BLACK BEAR! REMEMBER THE NAME!" and the rest of lines are awesome too, voiced by Seoras btw.

I'm glad you like the unit, that's one that I should probably upload at some point =). There's a few I really enjoyed doing for this new Mental Omega too, i'll throw a couple up when I get the go ahead from Speeder.

#12 Damfoos

Damfoos

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

Would be nice you uploaded the BBear, I'm sure other people will enjoy it ;) I like how it sounds compared with Sentinel, a proffesional crew, maybe too brutal, but at least sane. Can't wait to hear your MO units.

#13 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

Honestly, i think the best voice acting for the MO unit would be the Epsilon Resheph. because the voice gives me a mental image of what its commander looks like. (no pun intended)

I just picture an old, almost emaciated man either a Rasputin lookalike with a great beard or a bald man with an epic fu-manchu sitting in the psychic amplifier device shaped like a throne. and its used to power and control it's weapon

Best quote by accent and delivery: "They want raw power?!, THEN IM GOING TO GIVE IT TO THEM!!!"

Any Abrams quotes but i love "Show them stars so we can earn our stripes!"

Also i tend to mishear Tesla Trooper's "Tesla Suit ready" as "Tasteless suit ready"

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#14 aethiraes

aethiraes
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

"Zephyrrr artillery!" The weird accent really sells it.

"Barracuuda" Same reason, I just love when units put accents on their name.

"It will be a silent spring" The Desolator is just metal. imo one of the best voices in RA2.

"JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS" Volkov is my second favorite hero from his voice lines. I can picture the murderous glee of Volkov from this line.

"STOP DROP AND ROLL, GRINGO" Morales is my top. Every line he says is gold. All of them are goofy but fit within Mental Omega.

Writing this post, I think most of my favorite voices comes from those that were able to project themselves (volume, personality). Although I've played every faction a fair bit, I couldn't tell you a single line from the Hailstorm or Charon Tank because their voices are too quiet and lacks the exaggerated character of those I've listed above.

Edited by aethiraes, 30 August 2016 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users