• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

I don't know where is the best place to discuss this for technical help. Contacting my new Internet provider (which is Charter Spectrum btw) may do some help, only if my router and/or Internet connection does not work at all. The big problem is a more safer, stable Internet that I don't have unlike my previous DSL I had for several years.

So I have a 60 mbps (down)/5 mbps (upload) cable connection (not fiber optic) working in Win7 64-bit, but it's not a stable and safe connection which left a lot of loading and running websites, downloads and cloud programs incomplete/corrupted and even to mention frozen downloads and loading sites before completion. I also occasionally am seeing an Internet blackout causing a disconnection and I had to reboot the PC. I tried using OpenDNS to get a faster, safer and stable Internet but it hasn't helped much and contacting support for setting up my router (which is a Arris TM1602 with no wifi and no manual) has no answer yet. Also I found out lately that the Win7 64-bit OS on my secondary 320 GB HD runs slower than running Win7 32-bit in my original 320 GB HD despite disabling Windows Update/Firewall/Defender, the security center and some other unnecessary tasks. 

Is there a way to make a cable Internet connection more stable and secure?

I wish if there is a tool or option from a program that can restrict download web pages to at least 5 mbps and large file downloads/watching movies at a normal 60 mbps.

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 8,839 posts
  • Projects:YouTube
  •  Actual Celebrity
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:48 PM

These issues usually revolve around where you live and who your provider is.  Missouri seems like it contains quite a few deadzones, and internet services are only recently becoming reliable around St. Louis.  Not sure if fiber optic would help with your issues.  A solution may be out of your hands until your current provider does a bit more maintenance.  

YT_Sig.jpgoutput_Fkd6it.gifFB_Sig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users