Steam Tib Wars + Hooking launcher Freeze Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gamemasterme

gamemasterme
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

When originally attempting to use the C&C online launcher with Tiberium wars, I got a "cnc3game.dat - System Error" window that said:

"The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.", However, the game started anyways, but did not go beyond the original launch window with the game logo and the zone troopers in the red zone in the background. The game never actually loaded.

I Then went to the C&C Online support part of the website. I read the "Read before posting" Topic. I then hooked the game, and started it up from inside the steam window. No error that time, but again, the game did not go beyond the start window. 

I then created a desktop shortcut, ran the game from there. The C&C online launcher appeared, I selected C&C 3. The game window once again just stuck there, the game not actually starting.

So I think I've exhausted the F.A.Q.s at this point. . . sadly always do. . .

I could try running off the origin version I also have installed, though they are both installed at the same time as of current. However when the game launches, only one version launches, so I do not believe this is the case. Also, when hooking C&C 3 and launching from origin, the game launches without C&C online.

So in summary, when launching the game, it freezes at the startup window, without going unresponsive. At no point does the program stop itself.

EDIT: The same happens with Kane's Wrath.

Edited by gamemasterme, 27 August 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#2 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hi.    Please could you unhook the shortcut you made, close Steam and delete the shortcut you made.      The run Steam as administrator and make a new shortcut.     Hook the game again and try to launch.    Then please post your error log as per How to Report Issues. It's very difficult to help you without seeing that.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users