• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -ichor-

-ichor-
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

Hi guys,

this week, I moved house and got a new provider. Today I tried to play KW and had no problems whatsoever logging in. However, I noticed that I had no success in connecting to other people. I did portforwarding and other stuff but in the end nothing helped. That was until I stumpled upon this topic https://forums.revor...yer-connection/. I called my provider and got the information that I only have Dual Stack lite and they can't provide me a IPv4. 

I am really desperate. Is there any way I will be able to play KW again (except for switching the provider, of course)?

Kind regards,

-ichor-

I0G21E8.jpg

#2 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Tried a VPN?

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Tried a VPN?

A VPN can make a nice fix for this problem. You'll very likely be able to find a free one if you surf around a bit (just be mindful of viruses). Alternatively, you can ask your provider if they will switch you over to dual stack.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#4 -ichor-

-ichor-
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:30 PM

Hi guys,

thank you very much for trying to help me out. I am not sure if a VPN is going to do the trick. I must admit that I'm a complete noob when it comes to this technical network stuff but if I understood the technician correctly the problem with the missing IPv4 is hardware-based (with the provider not supporting IPv4 but only IPv6). So how is a software-based solution like a going VPN to fix the problem? It would be too good to be true if the solution was that simple ...

I've been a long time user of VPNs and use them probably 90% of the time when I'm online so I was pleasently surprised about your suggestion to use one. However, trying to connect to KW via VPN has never worked for me up to this point. So following your suggestion I tried again to connect to KW Online with different services and none of them worked.

Here are the results:

Trying to connect via Hotspot Shield gave me this

http://imgur.com/a/ZYTM1

And IP Hider Pro gave me this 

http://imgur.com/a/Y5Zur

I0G21E8.jpg

#5 -ichor-

-ichor-
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Just tried another VPN: CyberGhost 6.

However, it gives me the "Could not connect to backend server" error aswel. =(

I0G21E8.jpg

#6 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

Alright. I see you're using a VPN to post right now. :p If you are using a VPN to access the web, you only need to handle one or possibly two ports. Are you sure you've set up right? I know for a fact that Hotspot Shield can work to access all the necessary services for KW.

E:  The VPN should assign an IP4 address to you.     The game needs that to provide an IP4 address to give to the other players to connect to you.  

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users