red alert ra ra3 connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tuffytech

tuffytech
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

I've been trying to play some rounds of RA3 with my dad, we live in the same house and use the same internet. And it seems that makes connection problems in the game, because I'm able to play with all my other friends who are using different internet connections. So I'm not sure if we're able to use the same IP for 2 different accounts at once or what, I just want this to work because I bought the game specifically for us to play together and I can't figure out how to fix it.

#2 LebFighter

LebFighter
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:16 AM

could you describe the problem so I could understand what's going on? Like what problems exactly? 

After a hurricane comes a rainbow

#3 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

The problem is that, unlike all of the other games, RA3 uses a separate "server" to help the players connect. That gets confused when two players appear to have the same IP address (as they do when they are playing from the same network).

The best answer to that at the moment is to make one of the players look like they are playing from a different IP address. Apart from using a different connection (for example, a mobile connection), probably the best solution is for one of the players to use a VPN (so to the outside world they have a different IP address).

Probably the best way to find a free VPN is to google for one.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users