1 reply to this topic

#1 PurpleGaga27

PurpleGaga27

Retired C&C Modder

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  •  Media Division Top Contributer

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:53 PM

I found this thread in Steam's Reddit page. Well, Valve somehow did it to hundreds of games, and perhaps thousands, but a lot of user scores were scratched out. Most of the games that had modified scores are Indie.

According to one user who put up a spreedsheet shows the difference. The one game that is largely underrated is Elves Adventure (with a 52% difference!) and the one game that is largely overrated is Simple Ball: Extended Edition (with a whopping 74% difference!). As for Heaven Island Life, that user's average rating went with a 51 to a 5!

https://docs.google....MnD0/edit#gid=0

Edited by zocom7, 14 September 2016 - 10:55 PM.

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

This just gives me even less reasons to trust the percentages of Steam reviews.  It seems like ever since that cruddy Arkham Knight game, PC users have banded together on a holy crusade to bad-talk every single popular game that drops a single frame or has at least one tiny mechanic in it that they don't like.  I challenge anyone to find a game in the last year that has reviews fairly based on if people enjoy it rather than "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... THE FRAME RATE!!!"  And it wouldn't surprise me if there are people out there who are changing these reviews since PC gamers actually think they're making a better difference with them.  

Also, the Steam tags should not be generated by users.  The tags for Dark Souls are "casual" "kid friendly" and "memes."  Valve is putting a lot of power in the hands of players, and the players are just absolutely abusing it.  If Valve had anything to do with changing a few values on a few game pages, then good for them.  The general slew of gamers cannot be trusted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users