save map cant worldbuilder builder saving error wrong bad

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 szarkab123

szarkab123
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

hi! It was half year ago but i want to try again if i get a solution. I couldn't save maps, i researched a bit but i wasn't sure if the problem was what i think it was. Could it be that my windows user folder name contained accented characters/illegal characters so the world builder couldn't recognize it? I saved the map and when i reopened it, it was empty. If i saved elsewhere it was still empty when reopened. I want to make some crazy maps! Pls help!
I have windows 8.1 and RotWK

Thank you! Sry for bad english

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:28 AM

Hello, where is your maps folder located? I know that accented characters cause issues with game saves and map name saves so this is very likely the problem.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 szarkab123

szarkab123
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:51 PM

I see ty It was under my username path folder which contained accented characters. If I reinstall the game and use a path that doesn't contain accented characters , will this get fixed? Or there are folders that get created in my username path folders by default which cannot be changed and solved without OS reinstall and proper name? 
Ty

#4 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:09 AM

I cannot say yes or no because I cannot replicate the issue you are having. I have seen that accented characters crash Worldbuilder but I don't know the extent of the issue.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#5 szarkab123

szarkab123
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

Ok Thank you, I'll try later what i can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users