Photo

Tiberium Wars launch issues

Best Answer aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 07:07 PM

Was able to launch all games only after running the launcher as an admin, which was not the issue before.

Thanks for assisting

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hello,

I purchased the above mentioned game via Origin alongside the Kane's Wrath version, but mysteriously can only launch and play the Kane's Wrath version (although, it's an expansion for the C&C3).

I'm receiving the following error message, which cannot have been resolved with neither Origin nor EA support.

Your shared wisdom will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• TW3.PNG

Edited by aizikovski, 25 September 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure we can help you here. This does not seem to be related to anything we provide. But maybe someone else knows something.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:02 AM

Thanks!

In addition, when I turn off the game, the computer gets stuck until a restart is being performed.. 

#4 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

I can't contribute anything except wild guesses; I've never seen that error before. Does it happen if you launch the game without the launcher?

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#5 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:39 AM

Wild guesses are sometimes enough ;)

KW worked perfectly until I installed the C&C Online app.I tried to reinstall it, but same issue occurs.  TW didn't launch even before.

Thanks

Edited by aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#6 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

Wait, both TW and KW show this very same error after installing our launcher?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#7 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

The error appears only while launching TW both via the launcher & stand alone. KW works perfectly via both, but once I exit the game, computer gets stuck and I must restart it.

I tried reinstalling both games via Origin, but same issues occur. 

Also forgot to mention that Panda anti virus recognized & quarantined both files within the below attachment:

Update:

I added both above files to the Panda exception list, restarted the computer and now was able to hook both games to your launcher but once launching them, same issues occured, with one addition: second error for the TW:

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG
  • Capture.PNG

Edited by aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#8 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:44 AM

Log file added

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Attached Files

Edited by aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#9 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

So, did this error appear only after you installed the launcher? It looks like your antivirus is interfering quite a bit here.

#10 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

First error was prior to installing the launcher. Second one joined after I installed the launcher and removed files from quarantine.

Any recommended free anti virus addition, please?

Edited by aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#11 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

Did you try disabling it completely while installing both the game and the launcher and for the first launch?

#12 ToxicShock

ToxicShock

Gamereplays.org Staff

• Division Leaders
  • 9,685 posts
  • Projects:Shatabrick C&C Player Database
  •  I have blue text?
  • Division:C&C:Online
  • Job:C&C:Online Leader

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

Both of those files are essential to patch the game to allow it to get on the server, so you need to white list them or turn off your anti virus or you're guaranteed to have problems.

I suggest that you go back to origin again with the TW problem and explain only that problem, without reference to C&C:Online. Once you are able to launch TW without C&C:Online, we can work from there.

Gamereplays.org staff - Shatabrick admin.

#13 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

Cheers to you all!

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 and then the games again, perhaps it'll help.

Will keep you posted.

#14 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

Ok. I reinstalled everything (via the Ultimate Collection) and it is now working without the launcher, which gives me the attached error message.

Was able to hook TW, KW & RA3 without any issues though.

What am I missing?

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Attached Files

Edited by aizikovski, 26 September 2016 - 06:23 PM.

#15 aizikovski

aizikovski
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:07 PM   Best Answer

Was able to launch all games only after running the launcher as an admin, which was not the issue before.

Thanks for assisting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users