24 replies to this topic

#1 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  • Projects:arson
  •  memer

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:57 PM

I'm going to cut to the fucking chase here.

I love playing this mod but the campaign is a bit hard for me since I am 2 less iq points away from being a lobotomy victim.

So is there any way, like any way at all to to save during the campaign, a mod maybe or some third party application or maybe switching to an older version of the mod.

I may have posted this in the wrong sub section, crucify me if you want but I just created an account 3 seconds ago.

It's a spicy meme

#2 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:01 PM

Some member mentioned some sort of third party app, but can't recall what was it. On the other hand, version 3.3 might have much easier campaigns on Easy difficulty, so hopefully that will be true.

#3 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:06 PM

Some member mentioned some sort of third party app, but can't recall what was it. On the other hand, version 3.3 might have much easier campaigns on Easy difficulty, so hopefully that will be true.

People flame the living shit out of me in forums.

At least I know this forum is friendly now. Maybe some one knows the name of that third party application.

If it exists that is.

It's a spicy meme

#4 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

It seems it's an app called "VMware".

The post that mentioned it said this:

"Now for something to consider: VMware snapshots

The snapshot function in VMware effectively allows you to make a save state of the operating system at any time. I've used it while practicing some missions, and while it is much slower than regular saves, it's incredibly handy. It's not better than vanilla's saving in anyway."

#5 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

It seems it's an app called "VMware".

The post that mentioned it said this:

"Now for something to consider: VMware snapshots

The snapshot function in VMware effectively allows you to make a save state of the operating system at any time. I've used it while practicing some missions, and while it is much slower than regular saves, it's incredibly handy. It's not better than vanilla's saving in anyway."

You have been extremely helpful, I will try that program now.

Adieu

It's a spicy meme

#6 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 03 October 2016 - 04:12 AM

UPDATE:

I'd much rather chop my balls off with a shiv while I am being raped in the prison showers than use that god awful program again, I will simply wait until the saving problem gets fixed by the guys at ares.

Edited by thegreatblimp, 03 October 2016 - 04:12 AM.

It's a spicy meme

#7 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, I looked into it as well, and I have to agree it's not easy to use.

Other ways I can see is using CheatEngine to, well, cheat. Like making your units invincible or such. Or waiting for 3.3 to have easier missions.

Edited by Solais, 03 October 2016 - 11:20 AM.

#8 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

I'd much rather chop my balls off with a shiv while I am being raped in the prison showers than use that god awful program again

Virtual machines are not for Average Joe. That program isn't godawful - so either drop this tone, either go through that lobotomy. You're not funny.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#9 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

I'd much rather chop my balls off with a shiv while I am being raped in the prison showers than use that god awful program again

Virtual machines are not for Average Joe. That program isn't godawful - so either drop this tone, either go through that lobotomy. You're not funny.

Oh great, thanks for proving my point. I do get flamed in forums.

Now fuck off.

It's a spicy meme

#10 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Now now, play nice kids. No need to pour oil on the flame.

#11 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:15 AM

What do you expect, seriously?! If you behave as a smartass on your first impression, you'll be treated as a smartass. It's that simple.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#12 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

What do you expect, seriously?! If you behave as a smartass on your first impression, you'll be treated as a smartass. It's that simple.

Sorry, my life is busy and I can't check the internet when ever I please.

Why didn't you fuck off yet? Don't you have things to do? I could be playing the witcher 3.

You are a bad example of this community. Solais has only been most helpful and is a great example of this community.

But thank you both for replying, just taking the time on the keyboard means a lot to me, even if you had negative intentions.

It's a spicy meme

#13 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:31 AM

Thing is, I don't like users badmouthing programs just because of PEBKAC.

And I am around for a close decade now, so yeah, I think I can stay a little. And trying to teach some manners doesn't take much time off from my daily routine.

VMWare/VirtualBox/co. all work the same in this case - the user would play the game through a virtual Windows install (preferably XP SP3) and suspend the state of the VM as a "savegame". Would be terribly ineffecient, but ain't a rocket science. Atleast not on the level you sent it to hell.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

#14 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:58 AM

Thing is, I don't like users badmouthing programs just because of PEBKAC.

And I am around for a close decade now, so yeah, I think I can stay a little. And trying to teach some manners doesn't take much time off from my daily routine.

VMWare/VirtualBox/co. all work the same in this case - the user would play the game through a virtual Windows install (preferably XP SP3) and suspend the state of the VM as a "savegame". Would be terribly ineffecient, but ain't a rocket science. Atleast not on the level you sent it to hell.

I only got angry at the program because every time I fucked up in a mission I had to alt tab out of mental omega, which would crash it by the way, and have me load back.

Then it forces me in a state where mental omega is running in the background and if I alt tab into it there's a fifty-fifty chance of it crashing. just repeating the mission from the beginning saves me a lot of time and brain cells. I was angry at the time I wrote that post because of how many times I've had to scream because of mental omega crashing.

I regret installing windows 10, it just fucks red alert up in general.

EDIT: Also, windowed mode doesn't work in windows 10, yes, I do set the compatibility mode to 16bit but it doesn't work either way.  So I can't use a video to guide me step by step.

Edited by thegreatblimp, 04 October 2016 - 11:00 AM.

It's a spicy meme

#15 DetectiveTaco

DetectiveTaco

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  lolwut

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

EDIT: Also, windowed mode doesn't work in windows 10, yes, I do set the compatibility mode to 16bit but it doesn't work either way.  So I can't use a video to guide me step by step.

Try setting MOLauncher and gamemo to 16 bit.

#16 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:49 PM

What he said. I have win10 and windowed mode does work. Just set all game.exes (just to be sure) to 16bit.

#17 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

What he said. I have win10 and windowed mode does work. Just set all game.exes (just to be sure) to 16bit.

Thank you both, for now, a youtube video will have to babysit me for 7 minutes while I finish each mission. I hope this is only temporary as I could use some not looking like a pussy in front of my friends.

It's a spicy meme

#18 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:32 PM

@thegreatblimp: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, lol. You are funny. Don't listen to Graion, he's got no sense of humor.

And not too many people do, lad... Not too many people do. SO DON'T CHOP OFF YOUR BALLS YET! You need those ammunition reserves to load up your pump action shotgun! Then you can start shooting people more often, right in the mouth! Graion's got a dirty mouth.... you know what to do. COCKED AND LOADED! Here some more Meshugga for you:

#19 thegreatblimp

thegreatblimp
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  memer

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

S-

@thegreatblimp: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, lol. You are funny. Don't listen to Graion, he's got no sense of humor.

And not too many people do, lad... Not too many people do. SO DON'T CHOP OFF YOUR BALLS YET! You need those ammunition reserves to load up your pump action shotgun! Then you can start shooting people more often, right in the mouth! Graion's got a dirty mouth.... you know what to do. COCKED AND LOADED! Here some more Meshugga for you:

S-S-s-s-Some one said I'm funny.

You are the best man alive, Queen elizabeth please knight this man.

It's a spicy meme

#20 DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr

title available

• Banned
  • 589 posts
  •  Mr. Socialite!

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:35 PM

Oh man, don't get me started about the queen. That inbred lizard deserves to die a thousand times AT LEAST! We don't need that saggy parasite to knight people. You leave that to me, my good chum. I see a great future for you, son. Thy will be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users