Photo

Connection Problem With CnC Generals Zero Hour

internet connection multiplayer network slow

Best Answer LebFighter, 02 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

Did you install gentool? Are you running the game as admin and in xp sp3 compatibility mode?

Ah man my ISP disabled ICMP therefore my whole network devices can't ping anymore.
I am using a VPN for now until he fixes it.

Tried tons of solutions, I didn't know it was so simple.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LebFighter

LebFighter
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:03 AM

I think there's something wrong with the server that we are playing on.

I am playing battlefield, and CS online without any issues, but when I try to play Generals Zero Hour Online, it tells me "Unable to join other players" This happens most of the time!
and if the game starts, it freezes for a couple of second every few minutes.

Is there something wrong with the servers?

Edited by LebFighter, 01 October 2016 - 05:03 AM.

After a hurricane comes a rainbow

#2 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

Did you install gentool? Are you running the game as admin and in xp sp3 compatibility mode?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#3 LebFighter

LebFighter
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:06 AM   Best Answer

Ah man my ISP disabled ICMP therefore my whole network devices can't ping anymore.
I am using a VPN for now until he fixes it.

Tried tons of solutions, I didn't know it was so simple.

After a hurricane comes a rainbow

#4 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:51 AM

Yes that would definitely be a problem. Glad you solved it. Have fun playing.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users